Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm I haven't seen D Freeman do that in a LONG time
Wrong thread, me thinks. :wink: :lol:
How did that get here? Lmao

Uhh Sanders... still an RB2. Possibly worse if Hurts starts to compete with Lamar for most QB rushes
Did/do you ding Dobbins for having Lamar in the backfield w him?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm Uhh Sanders... still an RB2. Possibly worse if Hurts starts to compete with Lamar for most QB rushes
If Hurts has many more 12/23 190yds 0TD passing days, I don't think we'll have to worry much about Hurts taking rushes away from Sanders, because Hurts will be benched. Honestly, Hurts looked terrible as a QB.

Sanders averaged 4+yds/carry which is about the same as he did last week against Atlanta. That's not superstar performance, but it's not bad. I was very worried that Hurts' ineptness as a passer would create difficult boxes for all Philly RBs. Gainwell averaged a putrid 2.66ypa.

I was always more worried about Hurts being a detriment to the overall Philly offense than I was about Sanders' talent and touches, but I was hoping the hype about Hurts was correct. In week 2, Hurts did not complete more than 2 passes to any Philly player. That is unacceptable and will wreck the entire offense if it continues. It was an all around pitiful performance for a QB. For now, it's not looking like he'll finish the year as starter. For pete's sake, Goff went 38/57, 338yds 3TDs against this same defense!!! Jared "mediocre" Goff!!!

Hurts has to improve for the entire offense to improve.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:46 am

MFundercover wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 pm
abloom wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Way to shift the narrative from him averaging 17 touches per game.

San Fran is a tough D with a stout d-line. The Eagles schedule is generally favorable for better games. The volume and talent are showing. We knew he would never be an elite every week play but there are better days ahead. Look for him to gut Dallas next Monday.
while touches are nice, i want my RB1 to get rushes. I think its telling when an offense is not giving the lead back more than half the rushes. Not saying that sanders isn't capable of it, its more of a concern with play calling rather than the player. also its the 2nd week that its occured not just this week with the 49ers.
I don't care if they are rushes or "touches". In fact I would prefer receptions and it's confusing that you don't. He has more touches through 2 weeks than Gibson, Carson, Barkley, Chubb, Najee, CEH (at halftime) just one less than Kamara. The Sanders doesn't get volume point has been debunked, unless you think the other guys also don't get enough volume too. And if you're starting CMC, Henry, and Cook then great for you. Otherwise 17 per game is a good number.

And your sig says you play ppr so I really don't know what you're trying to say. You would rather your RBs not catch passes?
I'm concerned with usage and the coach calling plays for the RB, especially for a RB that should have a stranglehold on the RB1 position on the team.

I'm not sure what you are trying to show with the rbs you gave.

Through 2 weeks here are the ranks and points for those rbs in ppr settings:

(3) Chubb 38.9
(10) kamara 25.1
(14) Carson 27.8
(18) najee 25.0
(21) sanders 24.2
(30) Gibson 21.1
(44) CEH 12.8
(45) Barkley 12.6

Of the 3 rbs behind sanders the only one I'm surprised at is CEH. Both Gibson and Barkley I am not surprised are behind sanders. Gibson I think is very overvalued and Barkley is returning from ACl injury on a team with a poor o-line.

Of the 4 RBs ahead of sanders the only one I'm surprised at is najee again because of their o-line.

I expect him to settle in as a mid to high rb2, but that's not the production that you want from an RB1 on your fantasy team.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:31 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:56 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Wrong thread, me thinks. :wink: :lol:
How did that get here? Lmao

Uhh Sanders... still an RB2. Possibly worse if Hurts starts to compete with Lamar for most QB rushes
Did/do you ding Dobbins for having Lamar in the backfield w him?
Of course. But that's a little different because Baltimore rushes the ball a ton and are very effective at it. See: Ty'son Williams. I had Dobbins slightly higher than Sanders this offseason

Not trying to knock Sanders, but this situation will be this way at least for this year if I had to guess. He will have some RB1 weeks because he is very talented. He will also have plenty of RB2 weeks and then some weeks like this

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 pm I was always more worried about Hurts being a detriment to the overall Philly offense than I was about Sanders' talent and touches, but I was hoping the hype about Hurts was correct. In week 2, Hurts did not complete more than 2 passes to any Philly player. That is unacceptable and will wreck the entire offense if it continues. It was an all around pitiful performance for a QB. For now, it's not looking like he'll finish the year as starter. For pete's sake, Goff went 38/57, 338yds 3TDs against this same defense!!! Jared "mediocre" Goff!!!

Hurts has to improve for the entire offense to improve.
Lol. This seems a bit hyperbolic. Jalen wasn't great, but his receivers did him no favours either. Every time he looked for Devonta Smith, he was blanketed. Even still, Jalen gave him chances in contested situations, and the ball came off his hands. If you want to be a #1 WR in the NFL, you might stand to make a couple of those plays.

Two plays in particular stand out to me - if either of them hits, then you're not typing what you typed. First - the 90 yard catch-and-run bomb from his own end zone. If the WR had the jets there to house it, that's a TD. Second - Jalen Reagor (of course it was him) stepping out of bounds before hauling in a TD. Again - he keeps his feet in, that's a TD.

Credit to SF - they've got a very good defense. Hurts wasn't great. He still made throws that could have given them the win.

It's his 2nd game in the Sirianni system. I'm not ready to write him off yet, and neither should other dynasty owners. This team is talented, and the coaches are smart. They will adjust, and Hurts will play better.

And for our purposes in Fantasy? Still a 21.8 point day on pretty much a floor game. He remains a league-winner for as long as he is starting. Gamble and argue against that last part if you must, but I maintain the upside is greater for buying in - if he's not the answer long term, it's not like Minschew is going to be either.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm And for our purposes in Fantasy? Still a 21.8 point day on pretty much a floor game. He remains a league-winner for as long as he is starting. Gamble and argue against that last part if you must, but I maintain the upside is greater for buying in - if he's not the answer long term, it's not like Minschew is going to be either.
I agree with most. But I wanted to respond to this part. I wasn't speaking about Hurts' fantasy value. I was talking about how his poor QB play is affecting the other offensive players on the Eagles. If he has more games like this (under 50% passing, less than 200yds, more losses) he won't be the QB at the end of the season.

Star QBs make average receivers look like stars. Subpar QBs need star receivers to help them be adequate. The jury's still out on Hurts, but his play was not good enough yesterday.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm Star QBs make average receivers look like stars. Subpar QBs need star receivers to help them be adequate. The jury's still out on Hurts, but his play was not good enough yesterday.
Fair. I'm just saying - it was 2 throws off being more than good enough. That's the knife-edge of pro football, sometimes. His play wasn't as poor as the score suggests - and the game was competitive for the full 60 minutes, unlike the Lions where SF took their foot off the gas defensively and went prevent for the 4th Q.

Speaking more to Sanders and co - much like Lamar in Baltimore, who they are borrowing liberally from... Hurts is the true RB you want to own in Philly. The offensive touches will run through him for as long as he's the starter.

I'd still be fine owning Sanders as my RB2, personally. He's going to have some blowup weeks running alongside a dual-threat QB and behind that monster O-line.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Unfortunately Brooks is out for a few weeks. The health of the offensive line is the biggest threat to Sanders, Hurts, and the entire offense. Not great.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:43 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm
Lol. This seems a bit hyperbolic. Jalen wasn't great, but his receivers did him no favours either. Every time he looked for Devonta Smith, he
And for our purposes in Fantasy? Still a 21.8 point day on pretty much a floor game. He remains a league-winner for as long as he is starting. Gamble and argue against that last part if you must, but I maintain the upside is greater for buying in - if he's not the answer long term, it's not like Minschew is going to be either.
I'll argue this is just as hyperbolic. Hurts isn't a "league winner". He may be a QB1 for FF, but he's not blowing the doors down or anything. Lamar a few years back, CMC's big year. Those are league winners. Hurts saved his fantasy day late in the game, but he didn't play well. He may get those cheapy rush yards vs softened D's late in games when losing, like yesterday, and be a decent FF QB, but he's not in league winner territiory, and I don't expect him to ever be. He's certainly no Zach Wison, anyways...... :wink: :whistle:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:43 pm I'll argue this is just as hyperbolic. Hurts isn't a "league winner". He may be a QB1 for FF, but he's not blowing the doors down or anything. Lamar a few years back, CMC's big year. Those are league winners. Hurts saved his fantasy day late in the game, but he didn't play well. He may get those cheapy rush yards vs softened D's late in games when losing, like yesterday, and be a decent FF QB, but he's not in league winner territiory, and I don't expect him to ever be. He's certainly no Zach Wison, anyways...... :wink: :whistle:
No-one has paid Lamar prices for Hurts. We've paid late rookie 2nds, mid-3rds, mid-to-late round startup picks, or drafted him late in re-drafts. His comparative value to players drafted in the same range to Hurts is that of a league winner. The production for the price is jam-hot, and figures to get even better as he matures and improves as a pro.

Zach Wilson, TBD, 2 years at least. Go jump off a (non-lethal) bridge with that :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:50 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:43 pm I'll argue this is just as hyperbolic. Hurts isn't a "league winner". He may be a QB1 for FF, but he's not blowing the doors down or anything. Lamar a few years back, CMC's big year. Those are league winners. Hurts saved his fantasy day late in the game, but he didn't play well. He may get those cheapy rush yards vs softened D's late in games when losing, like yesterday, and be a decent FF QB, but he's not in league winner territiory, and I don't expect him to ever be. He's certainly no Zach Wison, anyways...... :wink: :whistle:
No-one has paid Lamar prices for Hurts. We've paid late rookie 2nds, mid-3rds, mid-to-late round startup picks, or drafted him late in re-drafts. His comparative value to players drafted in the same range to Hurts is that of a league winner. The production for the price is jam-hot, and figures to get even better as he matures and improves as a pro.

Zach Wilson, TBD, 2 years at least. Go jump off a (non-lethal) bridge with that :lol:
:lol:Lamar wasn't priced that highly before his league winning year, his price went up massively because of that. IDK, I only play SF leagues, but Hurts was ranked in the top ten this summer as a Dynasty QB, so he's already priced at his ceiling IMO. I think he went around QB 12 or so in a recent start up I did. I'd argue my boy Derek Carr is the best value in Dynasty, and have been quietly, off this site for a while been telling people that, being ranked in the late 20's in most rankings, behind Jameis, D Jones, Goff etc etc. Now there's some value. :D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 pm

5 touches tonight. Brutal. Obviously the efficiency was good, but a screen pass on 3rd and 26 near the end of the half was the big chunk in his passing game stats, they were basically playing just not to give up the first down. They weren't looking to get the ball in his hands, for some reason, at all tonight. Nice run up the middle, and that was basically it. This offense isn't going to produce a lot of FF success, beyond Hurts and his garbage time production by the looks of it.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 pm 5 touches tonight. Brutal. Obviously the efficiency was good, but a screen pass on 3rd and 26 near the end of the half was the big chunk in his passing game stats, they were basically playing just not to give up the first down. They weren't looking to get the ball in his hands, for some reason, at all tonight. Nice run up the middle, and that was basically it. This offense isn't going to produce a lot of FF success, beyond Hurts and his garbage time production by the looks of it.
That can't be right, he was averaging 13.5yards a carry surely they kept him invol....... Oh dear, 2 carrys :lol: .

I know they were behind most of the game but jeez you need to get the run involved a bit more than that, besides Hurts keeping and running which Dallas were keyed in on all game.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Hurts was bad, Sirianni worse. Hurts was clearly struggling and Sirianni calls 3 run plays to running backs, fewest in the last 15 years.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 am

The only good thing is I'm pretty sure Scott didn't see the field until the last drive or two and gainwell didn't see the field or atleast get a tough until the 4th quarter.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07