CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:01 am

My BallZach Ertz wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:14 am At current prices, Gallup might be the one to target......
Just took him 9th round of a startup. He's one of the biggest values going right now.
Me too! Back end of round 9 too, 16 team 53 man full IDP.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm After a full season split between great production with Dak and poor production with his backup after Dak's injury, seems people are very gun ho for Lamb this year, even ranking him in the top 5 among dynasty WRs.

Seems he was a very polarizing player. Has anyone changed their opinion on him over the last few months to a year?

I've seen speculation that Dallas will need to let Cooper go in a year or two, simply due to cap space and contracts. Could Lamb flourish with Gallup, Jarwin and Elliott/Pollard? I agree with FF at the top of page 11 (Lamb isn't an alpha but a strong bravo WR) and worry neither Gallup nor Lamb could be effective as the defense's primary focus.
I am a huge fan of Lamb but it is way too early to label him a non alpha. He is getting to learn from one of the most underrated WR's in the league in Cooper.

Cooper is a stud. He has been under 1000 yards receiving once in his career. He has 6211 yards in 6 years.

The cap will be exploding in the next couple of years. Dallas, with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb have one of the deepest WR rooms in the NFL. It is obvious they all can play at a high level.

I don't see Cooper going anywhere. While Cooper is making 20 Mill per year there are now 10 WR's making over 17.25 Million. 20 million will be a bargain in a few years most likely. If they do decide to get out of Cooper's contract next year the dead cap is only 6 million so he isn't really a cap problem given his talent. Dallas gave him his money up front which looking back was really smart. BTW, Cooper is the youngest player in the 20 Million per season club. In fact Cooper and Tyreek at 27 are the youngest in the top 18 salaries and Cooper is signed through 2024.

The wild card is Gallup who shows #1 WR quality so resigning him may be very difficult depending on this season. Gallup is in the final year of his contract so he could be Tagged, signed, or get back compensation if lost.

I think Dallas will probably have a 1 and 1A WR the next few years. They are in a great position with Lamb falling in their lap in the WR department with a lot of flexibility going forward.
I agree that the WR corps looks great and that Gallup leaving is a legit concern.

My overall concern with Lamb (aside from height/weight, the TE upgrade from Schultz to Jarwin and his apparent slot only role) is the defense was gawdawful and forced the offense to abandon the run and go pass heavy. A better defense under Quinn would allow them to actually use Zeke rather than giving him, what, 12-14 carries?! They were getting blown out something like 21-0 by Atlanta in the first quarter!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Early out of camp it is Gallup doing a ton of slot work. Lamb is being groomed to play all positions.

Having a camp to really work with Dak should be huge. Don't understand the height/weight concern. He is prototype in today's NFL. Basically the same size as Jefferson but 1 inch taller. The league is full of stars 6-6'2" around 190 - 200 these days. Most put on a few pounds of muscle due to full time employment compared to college. As an example, Randy Moss at 6'4" weighed 194 when he entered the league. The point is it really isn't that big of deal especially with the rules changes in today's NFL.

I do own Gallup everywhere and getting inquiries but no interest in moving him for the going rate of 2nd round future picks.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:18 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am
Ice wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm After a full season split between great production with Dak and poor production with his backup after Dak's injury, seems people are very gun ho for Lamb this year, even ranking him in the top 5 among dynasty WRs.

Seems he was a very polarizing player. Has anyone changed their opinion on him over the last few months to a year?

I've seen speculation that Dallas will need to let Cooper go in a year or two, simply due to cap space and contracts. Could Lamb flourish with Gallup, Jarwin and Elliott/Pollard? I agree with FF at the top of page 11 (Lamb isn't an alpha but a strong bravo WR) and worry neither Gallup nor Lamb could be effective as the defense's primary focus.
I am a huge fan of Lamb but it is way too early to label him a non alpha. He is getting to learn from one of the most underrated WR's in the league in Cooper.

Cooper is a stud. He has been under 1000 yards receiving once in his career. He has 6211 yards in 6 years.

The cap will be exploding in the next couple of years. Dallas, with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb have one of the deepest WR rooms in the NFL. It is obvious they all can play at a high level.

I don't see Cooper going anywhere. While Cooper is making 20 Mill per year there are now 10 WR's making over 17.25 Million. 20 million will be a bargain in a few years most likely. If they do decide to get out of Cooper's contract next year the dead cap is only 6 million so he isn't really a cap problem given his talent. Dallas gave him his money up front which looking back was really smart. BTW, Cooper is the youngest player in the 20 Million per season club. In fact Cooper and Tyreek at 27 are the youngest in the top 18 salaries and Cooper is signed through 2024.

The wild card is Gallup who shows #1 WR quality so resigning him may be very difficult depending on this season. Gallup is in the final year of his contract so he could be Tagged, signed, or get back compensation if lost.

I think Dallas will probably have a 1 and 1A WR the next few years. They are in a great position with Lamb falling in their lap in the WR department with a lot of flexibility going forward.
I agree that the WR corps looks great and that Gallup leaving is a legit concern.

My overall concern with Lamb (aside from height/weight, the TE upgrade from Schultz to Jarwin and his apparent slot only role) is the defense was gawdawful and forced the offense to abandon the run and go pass heavy. A better defense under Quinn would allow them to actually use Zeke rather than giving him, what, 12-14 carries?! They were getting blown out something like 21-0 by Atlanta in the first quarter!
This feels like a weird thought process. Do you just never target WR's who's team have a solid defense?
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:15 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:18 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 amMy overall concern with Lamb (aside from height/weight, the TE upgrade from Schultz to Jarwin and his apparent slot only role) is the defense was gawdawful and forced the offense to abandon the run and go pass heavy. A better defense under Quinn would allow them to actually use Zeke rather than giving him, what, 12-14 carries?! They were getting blown out something like 21-0 by Atlanta in the first quarter!
This feels like a weird thought process. Do you just never target WR's who's team have a solid defense?
I wouldn't go so far as to say "never", but it is a factor for me. A strong defense will allow a team to run more, especially to salt the clock towards the end of the game. That creates volume, and can turn a non-elite NFL bellcow into an elite fantasy producer, or make the secondary rushers in a committee an option. The flip side is it'd cut the pass plays, and affect WR/TE fantasy output. If they dominate target share, I might not ding them too much, but a non-elite receiver in an offense that spreads it around would have so many reasons to fade him in rankings.

If the defense is weak (like Dallas last year), it'd easily force passing volume but hurt rush attempts. Two down thumpers would get hurt the most, but it would make non-elite receivers viable fantasy starts. If they dominate target share as well, then woopee!

Since the defense's strength can direct or dictate the offense's playcalls, examining them is just one filter. It's not the be all end all, and receivers with strong defenses can still be dynasty targets (especially if I believe in the talent long term) but I'll be careful about acquiring non-elite players if their defense will push gameflow away from them.

I tend to use this filter for two main reasons-
1- any contenders I have looking for depth. Gameflow leads to volume potential, and market-share (dominating those targets/rushes) creates hyper volume. An example this year is Emmanuel Sanders. Buffalo goes 3 and 4 wide a ton, they skew pass heavy, and with John Brown gone, there's tons of opportunity. It's unclear if the gameplan changes if/when Daboll leaves, and Josh Allen still needs to sign his extension, so it's not all roses.

2- buying elite talents where gameflow goes against them. I don't really have an example from this year, but if I believed one or more of Claypool/Diontae/Juju were elite, they'd definitely qualify. A strong defense with spread target sharing are two strong dings. If I thought Dallas' defense would be terrible again, Zeke could qualify.

I use defensive strength as a situational factor, as a strong/weak unit one year may not be the same the next. It doesn't determine value/production, but it can tilt it, like scheme and offensive line play.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 am

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a data backed analysis that showed that "poor defense leads to higher (fantasy-) scoring offenses" is a myth that is driven by one or two examples every year (like Dallas last year, Atlanta two years ago) meanwhile on average the limited on-field-time for offenses with bad defenses negates the "play-from-behind-all-in-on-the-passing-game" fact.