CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
vlax525
Starter
Starter

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby vlax525 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 am

I just got him for Parker, mid 2021 1st, and Pittman....super excited as I am very high on him. Am looking for him to make a step up next year hopefully with Gallup being a free agent in 2022. I can see Dallas trying to feature Lamb over Gallup in 2021 because of this and hopefully becoming the 1B to Cooper...maybe even the 1A.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 am

That's an really nice deal for Lamb...maybe "fair" value but I'm not super high on Parker or Pittman at this point (although Pittman obviously could come on once he comes back from IR)
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm

After a full season split between great production with Dak and poor production with his backup after Dak's injury, seems people are very gun ho for Lamb this year, even ranking him in the top 5 among dynasty WRs.

Seems he was a very polarizing player. Has anyone changed their opinion on him over the last few months to a year?

I've seen speculation that Dallas will need to let Cooper go in a year or two, simply due to cap space and contracts. Could Lamb flourish with Gallup, Jarwin and Elliott/Pollard? I agree with FF at the top of page 11 (Lamb isn't an alpha but a strong bravo WR) and worry neither Gallup nor Lamb could be effective as the defense's primary focus.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
I posted this in September. And his year end production came ENTIRELY from the slot. Im worried he is Juju 2.0. If you can sell for premium value (top 3 dynasty WR) than I suggest you do it. All the calls by the fantasy community for Cooper to move on is so stupid. Cooper and Dak have such a great chemistry and Cooper loves being in Dallas. If he moves on, than Lamb will be the focal point, and I believe he will struggle. If Cooper stays that will put a wet blanket on LAMB WR 1 IN DYNASTY talk.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm After a full season split between great production with Dak and poor production with his backup after Dak's injury, seems people are very gun ho for Lamb this year, even ranking him in the top 5 among dynasty WRs.

Seems he was a very polarizing player. Has anyone changed their opinion on him over the last few months to a year?

I've seen speculation that Dallas will need to let Cooper go in a year or two, simply due to cap space and contracts. Could Lamb flourish with Gallup, Jarwin and Elliott/Pollard? I agree with FF at the top of page 11 (Lamb isn't an alpha but a strong bravo WR) and worry neither Gallup nor Lamb could be effective as the defense's primary focus.
I am a huge fan of Lamb but it is way too early to label him a non alpha. He is getting to learn from one of the most underrated WR's in the league in Cooper.

Cooper is a stud. He has been under 1000 yards receiving once in his career. He has 6211 yards in 6 years.

The cap will be exploding in the next couple of years. Dallas, with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb have one of the deepest WR rooms in the NFL. It is obvious they all can play at a high level.

I don't see Cooper going anywhere. While Cooper is making 20 Mill per year there are now 10 WR's making over 17.25 Million. 20 million will be a bargain in a few years most likely. If they do decide to get out of Cooper's contract next year the dead cap is only 6 million so he isn't really a cap problem given his talent. Dallas gave him his money up front which looking back was really smart. BTW, Cooper is the youngest player in the 20 Million per season club. In fact Cooper and Tyreek at 27 are the youngest in the top 18 salaries and Cooper is signed through 2024.

The wild card is Gallup who shows #1 WR quality so resigning him may be very difficult depending on this season. Gallup is in the final year of his contract so he could be Tagged, signed, or get back compensation if lost.

I think Dallas will probably have a 1 and 1A WR the next few years. They are in a great position with Lamb falling in their lap in the WR department with a lot of flexibility going forward.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 am

Lamb is going to be a beast this year. I have him as my WR3 behind Hopkins and Diggs and I think he'll EAT this year. WR2 numbers with WR1 upside IMO.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 am Lamb is going to be a beast this year. I have him as my WR3 behind Hopkins and Diggs and I think he'll EAT this year. WR2 numbers with WR1 upside IMO.
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 am I don't see Cooper going anywhere. While Cooper is making 20 Mill per year there are now 10 WR's making over 17.25 Million. 20 million will be a bargain in a few years most likely. If they do decide to get out of Cooper's contract next year the dead cap is only 6 million so he isn't really a cap problem given his talent. Dallas gave him his money up front which looking back was really smart. BTW, Cooper is the youngest player in the 20 Million per season club. In fact Cooper and Tyreek at 27 are the youngest in the top 18 salaries and Cooper is signed through 2024.

The wild card is Gallup who shows #1 WR quality so resigning him may be very difficult depending on this season. Gallup is in the final year of his contract so he could be Tagged, signed, or get back compensation if lost.

I think Dallas will probably have a 1 and 1A WR the next few years. They are in a great position with Lamb falling in their lap in the WR department with a lot of flexibility going forward.
I agree with you on these points Ice. Cooper and Lamb pair up as the 1 & 1A in 2022 and Gallup is allowed to walk. Dallas has some holes to fill on the other side of the ball and I don't think they're going to pay Gallup what he could earn elsewhere.

I inquired about Lamb's availability in my leagues, but it seems the owners I've been dealing with are very happy with what they've seen so far and the price isn't cheap.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
I posted this in September. And his year end production came ENTIRELY from the slot. Im worried he is Juju 2.0. If you can sell for premium value (top 3 dynasty WR) than I suggest you do it. All the calls by the fantasy community for Cooper to move on is so stupid. Cooper and Dak have such a great chemistry and Cooper loves being in Dallas. If he moves on, than Lamb will be the focal point, and I believe he will struggle. If Cooper stays that will put a wet blanket on LAMB WR 1 IN DYNASTY talk.
Since when does a players love for a team become a factor into whether he becomes a cap casualty and is cut...

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:53 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:15 pm
Since when does a players love for a team become a factor into whether he becomes a cap casualty and is cut...

Since when do NFL franchises give a crap what Lamb dynasty managers hope and dream for?

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:53 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Since when do NFL franchises give a crap what Lamb dynasty managers hope and dream for?
I don't think they do and I don't see where anyone claimed any different

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm

True. But my point is valid. Cooper isnt going anywhere despite what Lamb's dynasty managers dream of. Cooper and Dak have a strong connection, the cap will be going back up, and.... Cooper loves being in Dallas and that just so happens to matter because Jerry Jones treats his guys like his own children (which is stupid). Would it shock anyone if his contract gets restructured at some point? And IF, IF he does get cut, I strongly predict Lamb will struggle without help taking coverage away. Lamb isnt big enough or savant enough as a route runner (yet maybe) to lock horns with top coverage. Fortunately for him, Cooper is one of the most unselfish WRs in the league and has openly told media that he enjoys teaching the other WRs the nuance of route running. So there could be a Jordy Nelson helping Davante Adams dynamic which worked wonders for him, (even though Lamb is much better as a rookie than Adams was)

If Lamb is widely viewed as top 3 dynasty WR value, the people who have him need to strongly consider selling at that premium value. It really sucks for me because I am a Cowboys fan and all this foolishness I keep reading has made me dislike Lamb, and its nothing that he did. There is zero subjectivity and the short term memory loss by everyone who touted Juju as dynasty WR 1 is annoying.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 am

Think you're right about Cooper Bot101 but wrong about Lamb. I don' see the Cowboys Wr situation as an either / or between these two. Lamb has exceptional route ability in his own right. Both are explosive players with plenty of game speed. Lamb has slightly better WR build overall but isn't the route runner at this point. Lamb is slightly taller, longer arms, a bit better vertical, and explosion. His hands are a bit smaller and obviously not as polished yet but there is a ton of upside with Dak going forward.

I see nothing athletically that makes me think Lamb is going to struggle. I also see nothing that makes me think Cooper will either.

Plenty of teams have 2 alpha types these days and a few have throughout history. Dallas looks to heading this direction so Cowboy fans should be really happy and competition should have plenty of headaches.

Lamb is nothing like JuJu they play completely different. Lamb actually varies his speed in routes and can take the lid off a defense. Lamb averaged 19 yards per catch vs 14.5 in college.

The real alpha in that huddle is Dak so both are going to need to get open to get the ball.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:14 am

At current prices, Gallup might be the one to target......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

My BallZach Ertz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby My BallZach Ertz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:14 am At current prices, Gallup might be the one to target......
Just took him 9th round of a startup. He's one of the biggest values going right now.
Dynasty Team #1 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Dalvin and the Chipmunks

:dance: 2018 Champions:dance:
2019 Runner Up
2020 4th (Highest Point Total)
2021 Runner Up

QB: Watson, Prescott, Z. Wilson,
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Mattison, Wilkins, Snell
WR: T. Hill, Golladay, Ridley, Lamb, Gabriel Davis, Van Jefferson
TE: Kittle, Ebron

Dynasty Team #2 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex

Groot’s Grinders