James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: James Robinson

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Dont think anybody is taking it hard. The Jags blowing this offseason is a statement of fact even if it's coming from a disgruntled Jrob bagholder.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 18, 2021 6:06 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm Dont think anybody is taking it hard. The Jags blowing this offseason is a statement of fact even if it's coming from a disgruntled Jrob bagholder.
Haha

Is it too soon to predict the Jags will be the most improved team this season! 🍻
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:06 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm Dont think anybody is taking it hard. The Jags blowing this offseason is a statement of fact even if it's coming from a disgruntled Jrob bagholder.
Haha

Is it too soon to predict the Jags will be the most improved team this season! 🍻
Option A: 1st round edge, Friermuth, Carter/Jrob

Option B: Some guy who wont be in the league in 3 years, Tebow, Etienne/Jrob

They blew it unless Etienne has a hof career. It's not even close dude, and my opinion has nothing to do with fantasy. Everyone knows Meyer is blowing it. It's not even a hot take but leave it to dlf to frame me.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm
Ice wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:06 pm
Haha

Option A: 1st round edge, Friermuth, Carter/Jrob

Option B: Some guy who wont be in the league in 3 years, Tebow, Etienne/Jrob

They blew it unless Etienne has a hof career. It's not even close dude, and my opinion has nothing to do with fantasy. Everyone knows Meyer is blowing it. It's not even a hot take but leave it to dlf to frame me.
This is just wrong, the only thing that matters is that Trevor Lawrence doesn't suck. If he's good, then they didn't "blow it"

Im in the camp that I don't think any RB deserves to go in the first round. The position is just too easily replaceable. That said I don't think doing it is going to set your team back a number of years lol.

and if they use ETN like the way they say they are, he'll be catching more than running between the tackles anyway
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Landing the consensus #1 (because you won 1 game last year) is an excuse to blow valuable draft capital later? That's what you went with?

And yes, actually that defense is years away.

It was a bad offseason and use of assets.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 18, 2021 7:17 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm Landing the consensus #1 (because you won 1 game last year) is an excuse to blow valuable draft capital later? That's what you went with?

Lucky for you they think ETN is a WR. :D

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm Landing the consensus #1 (because you won 1 game last year) is an excuse to blow valuable draft capital later? That's what you went with?

lol are you even a jags fan? idk if I've ever seen someone this salty over a single draft pick.

They bolstered their receiving core in jones, signed a really solid corner in griffin, traded for a DT, drafted the best QB prospect we've seen since Andrew Luck, took a corner, OT, safety and a few defensive dart throws in the later rounds. But because they took a RB in the first round its all of a sudden a disaster offseason?

Like you don't have to love every move a team makes, but just cuz your butthurt over the potential that one of your fantasy players could lose his job doesn't mean its a disaster. Its way too early to tell.

But just out of curiosity, I'd like to know which specific player you would have rather they had taken instead of Etienne, maybe we can come back next season and see the results
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed May 19, 2021 12:14 am

I'm just amazed the James Robinson thread has reached 42 pages.

"Brian Quick, cough syrup. STAT!" :roll:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:14 am I'm just amazed the James Robinson thread has reached 42 pages.

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:57 pm I say it’s time we have a thread exclusively dedicated to bold predictions. I figure this is a good way to create some good energy, establish some credibility, generate some trash talk, and put some lengthy conversations to rest by putting up or shutting up for everyone to see.
My bold prediction is that 2020 is the last year in which James Robinson has a 20 page thread.
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 19, 2021 5:49 am

Do we think Robinson will be more effective if he wears boxers or if he wears briefs? The season and the entire offense’s outlook could hinge on this.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 19, 2021 6:00 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:14 am I'm just amazed the James Robinson thread has reached 42 pages.

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:57 pm I say it’s time we have a thread exclusively dedicated to bold predictions. I figure this is a good way to create some good energy, establish some credibility, generate some trash talk, and put some lengthy conversations to rest by putting up or shutting up for everyone to see.
My bold prediction is that 2020 is the last year in which James Robinson has a 20 page thread.
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Oddly enough I was wrong because I was right. Go figure.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:48 am

I find it so strange that people are already saying how bad Urban Meyer has been already when there is absolutely no proof of this. This guy is one of the best college coaches we have ever seen and while that doesnt necessarily correlate to NFL success it certainly means Meyer knows the game of football better than most. I mean this critique is mostly coming from salty Robinson owners, so i find it hard to give it any credence whatsoever but its still just silly.

1. Meyer drafted a more talented RB, Etienne is better than Robinson, its pretty simple. Meyer has a young super talented Qb, he wants to set Lawrence up for success so his confidence is there. I dont like first round RBs either but if you are gonna take a RB in the first then you take Etienne so you give your rookie Qb some help. I mean the offensive weapons on the Jags arent great anyway. Chark is no sure thing and Marvin Jones is a nice Wr but we know what he is already. So you take Etienne there

2. I cant help but think some of this Meyer hate is due to the Tebow thing and the hate for Tebow, which is dumb, but dumb things are expected in the world today.

Jacksonsville offseason has been pretty good and as mentioned if Lawrence works out than nothing else matters.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed May 19, 2021 9:19 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:48 am I find it so strange that people are already saying how bad Urban Meyer has been already when there is absolutely no proof of this. This guy is one of the best college coaches we have ever seen and while that doesnt necessarily correlate to NFL success it certainly means Meyer knows the game of football better than most. I mean this critique is mostly coming from salty Robinson owners, so i find it hard to give it any credence whatsoever but its still just silly.

1. Meyer drafted a more talented RB, Etienne is better than Robinson, its pretty simple. Meyer has a young super talented Qb, he wants to set Lawrence up for success so his confidence is there. I dont like first round RBs either but if you are gonna take a RB in the first then you take Etienne so you give your rookie Qb some help. I mean the offensive weapons on the Jags arent great anyway. Chark is no sure thing and Marvin Jones is a nice Wr but we know what he is already. So you take Etienne there

2. I cant help but think some of this Meyer hate is due to the Tebow thing and the hate for Tebow, which is dumb, but dumb things are expected in the world today.

Jacksonsville offseason has been pretty good and as mentioned if Lawrence works out than nothing else matters.
It's interesting the way things are interpreted. There have been few people who said Meyer is making bad decisions, but I there are plenty of NFL analysts who have said that. They said the Etienne pick was wasted capital and they've questioned the Tebow signing (not sure if it's actually happened yet or not.). But the posters in this thread reiterating that are just a few. I haven't seen anyone here suggest that Etienne should've faded over Robinson or that Robinson is the better RB. What is being suggested, and projected by some, is that Robinson will still provide good value. Others, who I would suggest hate that they were wrong on Robinson last year, are taking some way too early victory lap to say 'see you should have sold while you could.' Those are the haters in this thread.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 am

No etienne was a dumb pick

I’ve been laughing at the JRob truthers and saying to sell but that pick was stupid as hell

No way around it

When your team needs everything and you spend a first on the least important position where you have an offensive rookie of the year candidate that’s a dumb pick

Robinson owners should have known to sell (I did everywhere except one share) but that doesn’t change how stupid the pick was

It’d be like the jets drafting a defensive tackle while needing everything else and DT being the one position they have addressed well (and cheaply) over the last few years

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 19, 2021 10:10 am

Picking Etienne at 25 as being a dumb pick is a narrative that doesn't make sense especially given the talent level.

The Jags get a dynamic player capable of playing in today's modern spread offense for the paltry price of 12.6 million dollar over 4 years with an option on a 5th year if he is a stud.

To put that in perspective Drake got 11 million for 2 years and Carson got 10.425 over 2 years.

I find it hilarious how fantasy players draft RB's really high then complain when teams when draft a RB in the last 3rd of the 1st round.

I get not paying top 5 prices for a RB over a stud Line prospect but every rookie contract is dirt cheap compared to 2nd contracts for the better players.

The Jags simply drafted a weapon for 12.6 million that may produce pretty close to Kamara numbers and Kamara recently signed a 5 year 75 MILLION dollar contract with a 15 million dollar signing bonus which is millions higher than Etienne's entire contract.

Etienne has an outstanding pedigree and his price point is low for such a high floor player with a very low bust factor.

A traditional 2 down plodder RB may be an unimportant position but a weapon that can be used in the slot and run is an extremely valuable weapon and that is why he went 25th.
Last edited by Ice on Wed May 19, 2021 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.