General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Opinion: Travis Etienne is the best RB prospect since Barkley

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:57 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:01 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:00 pm the Jags originally wanted Kadarius Toney. They are likely trying to cram Etienne into the role they had envisioned for Toney. This hybrid role makes a ton of sense if it’s Toney. Etienne, not so much. Looks like it’s going to be a wild ride.
You know who would be perfect for the Toney role? Laviska Shenault, aka the better version of Toney, lol.
Pre-draft, I was going after Shenault for that very reason (Harvin/Samuel role). Their Toney attempt and Etienne drafting cooled me hard on that. It's like Shenault is an afterthought. Curious how much they examined him before making their draft plans.
The attempt to get Toney, and pickup ETN is because Meyers covets speed.

Based on this quote, he likely sees Shenault as more of a prototypical WR with immense YAC ability than the gadget hybrid player that he targeted in the draft.
But the one position that I've been pleased with and I actually—when I first started watching the Jaguars, DJ Chark [Jr.] and Laviska [Shenault Jr.] are two guys that I think you can build. They're young, I've spent a lot of time with them, they've been in to see me, they're anxious, they're ready to go. I hired an excellent receiver coach in Sanjay Lal. That position is going to be a huge part of our offense

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:26 amI wonder if JRob could double as FB and lead block for Etienne.
FB? Really? A guy who put up the 6th best ypc in the league for any RB over 200 carries? On a crappy offense like JAX had last year? Robinson isn’t a luxury. He’s a necessity.
I think you keep taking me too literally. You know how Etienne is doubling as a WR? If they want to give Etienne touches as a RB, then "I wonder if JRob could double as a FB and lead block", since it would be wise to keep their best 5 players on the field whenever possible. I'm just dreaming up possibilities. I'm not suggesting a position change.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 16, 2021 3:39 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:26 amI wonder if JRob could double as FB and lead block for Etienne.
FB? Really? A guy who put up the 6th best ypc in the league for any RB over 200 carries? On a crappy offense like JAX had last year? Robinson isn’t a luxury. He’s a necessity.
I think you keep taking me too literally. You know how Etienne is doubling as a WR? If they want to give Etienne touches as a RB, then "I wonder if JRob could double as a FB and lead block", since it would be wise to keep their best 5 players on the field whenever possible. I'm just dreaming up possibilities. I'm not suggesting a position change.
My apologies. I misunderstood.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Honestly, I really think this is nothing.

There’s not much useful for a RB to do during minicamp. There literally are not enough players for him to practice traditional running back things.

Seriously- answer this question for yourself: you have three days with a rookie RB to get that RB acclimated to your offense. Would you:

A) Have him take handoffs and run through cones, and pickup imaginary pass rushers, because their aren’t a full offensive line/defense in attendance

Or

B) have him run routes with the WRs against the DBs and LBs that are there?

It’s very clear which one is a better use of Etienne’s time, and that this is a it’s-May-and-no-QB-threatened-to-retire-this-week story. Finally, Etienne getting heavy pass game usage in a league where guys like Hines and McKissic were high end RB2s is great. Buy the dip.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 16, 2021 4:17 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:15 pm Honestly, I really think this is nothing.

There’s not much useful for a RB to do during minicamp. There literally are not enough players for him to practice traditional running back things.

Seriously- answer this question for yourself: you have three days with a rookie RB to get that RB acclimated to your offense. Would you:

A) Have him take handoffs and run through cones, and pickup imaginary pass rushers, because their aren’t a full offensive line/defense in attendance

Or

B) have him run routes with the WRs against the DBs and LBs that are there?

It’s very clear which one is a better use of Etienne’s time, and that this is a it’s-May-and-no-QB-threatened-to-retire-this-week story. Finally, Etienne getting heavy pass game usage in a league where guys like Hines and McKissic were high end RB2s is great. Buy the dip.
Agreed. If anything, I think this is great for predicting his usage, because it shows they value him in the passing game.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:01 am

You know who would be perfect for the Toney role? Laviska Shenault, aka the better version of Toney, lol.
Pre-draft, I was going after Shenault for that very reason (Harvin/Samuel role). Their Toney attempt and Etienne drafting cooled me hard on that. It's like Shenault is an afterthought. Curious how much they examined him before making their draft plans.

Based on this quote, he likely sees Shenault as more of a prototypical WR with immense YAC ability than the gadget hybrid player that he targeted in the draft.
But the one position that I've been pleased with and I actually—when I first started watching the Jaguars, DJ Chark [Jr.] and Laviska [Shenault Jr.] are two guys that I think you can build. They're young, I've spent a lot of time with them, they've been in to see me, they're anxious, they're ready to go. I hired an excellent receiver coach in Sanjay Lal. That position is going to be a huge part of our offense
Last year, I saw Shenault's route running as a work in progress. He'd either face a long development curve (akin to a TE) or he'd get short range touches to get him the ball.

When Meyer came in, I thought he'd get those targets/carries needed for immediate production, while he continued to develop his route tree. I was targeting Shenault as a player who could/would see a production spike (even if through manufactured touches) that I'd be able to flip as a breakout young WR with a young QB. The Etienne pick killed my short term enthusiasm, though the move doesn't eliminate his long term potential as a true (non-Harvin-like) WR.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon May 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:35 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 pm

Last year, I saw Shenault's route running as a work in progress. He'd either face a long development curve (akin to a TE) or he'd get short range touches to get him the ball.

When Meyer came in, I thought he'd get those targets/carries needed for immediate production, while he continued to develop his route tree. I was targeting Shenault as a player who could/would see a production spike (even if through manufactured touches) that I'd be able to flip as a breakout young WR with a young QB. The Etienne pick killed my short term enthusiasm, though the move doesn't eliminate his long term potential as a true (non-Harvin-like) WR.
That's a fair stance to take; I personally love the young, big bodied, raw, uber athletic WRs that performs better than expected their rookie year and love to buy into these guys before they've truly broken out.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm

He's underrated for sure, every bit as talented as Spiller.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm He's underrated for sure, every bit as talented as Spiller.
I was starting to buy in on ETN. But this makes me cringe.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 20, 2021 2:32 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:28 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm He's underrated for sure, every bit as talented as Spiller.

Then you definitely don’t want to watch David Wilson’s tape and see how similar he and Etienne were in college.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu May 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:32 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Then you definitely don’t want to watch David Wilson’s tape and see how similar he and Etienne were in college.
I’ve seen Wilson brought up a few times. Wilson had a lot of supporters before the neck injury ended his career super early—why is he viewed as a negative comp?
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 20, 2021 4:56 pm

I probably saw all of Wilson’s carries, he seemed talented but from what I remember he fumbled his way out of the starting job, literally cried about it on the sideline and got a career ending neck injury

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Trying to get him everywhere. Passing on this player is passing on a future STUD IMO.

He will be used in a plethora of ways in the days of the position-less player! 8-)
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 22, 2021 6:28 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:40 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 pm Traded back twice and landed him at 1.09 in SuperFlex.
........ you son of a bitch. :clap:
Moved back again in another league to get him at 1.08.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sun May 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:56 pm I probably saw all of Wilson’s carries, he seemed talented but from what I remember he fumbled his way out of the starting job, literally cried about it on the sideline and got a career ending neck injury
Did you do your running back report this year?
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas