Role Player
Role Player

What is Mahomes' value in 1qb?

Postby Londondynasty » Tue May 11, 2021 2:19 pm

?
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: What is Mahomes' value in 1qb?

Postby Ice » Tue May 11, 2021 3:19 pm

This draft probably 1.5.

That said, I wouldn't sell him if I owned him. He is a great player and a plug and play starter for years. He is a 24-28 average play year over year. Those type of points don't grow on trees.

I get many devalue QB's in 1 QB leagues and usually I would agree but there are those precious few that are really hard to replace.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:19 pm This draft probably 1.5.

That said, I wouldn't sell him if I owned him. He is a great player and a plug and play starter for years. He is a 24-28 average play year over year. Those type of points don't grow on trees.

I get many devalue QB's in 1 QB leagues and usually I would agree but there are those precious few that are really hard to replace.
I actually don't think many devalue them at all. That theory gets thrown around these boards all the time, but in my experiences, QBs are much more expensive and much more difficult to trade for than these forums would lead you to believe.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue May 11, 2021 3:45 pm

I'd want more than 1.01 in this draft. Not sure what it would take to move him in draft picks.

Mahomes is a proven star and has many more years of high production.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 11, 2021 3:50 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 pm

I actually don't think many devalue them at all. That theory gets thrown around these boards all the time, but in my experiences, QBs are much more expensive and much more difficult to trade for than these forums would lead you to believe.
I actually agree with you which is why I referenced a precious few. The middling QB's in one QB leagues are not very hard to get given most leagues are the 12 team variety so 12 of 32 start in one QB Leagues.

I try very hard to get and keep a top QB in Dynasty as they help win titles big time. I also hate the narrative in general due to the disparity between elite and average.

A 3 point differential is way bigger than many think in fantasy.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm

I can tell you that I offered Dak and the 1.07 this year and was shot down no counter.

I think QBs in leagues like that are very replaceable EXCEPT for the top 3-5 guys, who demand non QB stud prices in my experience.

I gave kamara for Mahomes 2 or 3 years ago in a 16 team 1QB league and have not regretted it a single day. He really is just that good imo.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm I can tell you that I offered Dak and the 1.07 this year and was shot down no counter.

I think QBs in leagues like that are very replaceable EXCEPT for the top 3-5 guys, who demand non QB stud prices in my experience.

I gave kamara for Mahomes 2 or 3 years ago in a 16 team 1QB league and have not regretted it a single day. He really is just that good imo.

That would be a pretty significant overpay for Mahomes. Dak is only two years older, and I don’t expect there to be a huge difference in their fantasy output over the next few years. Would it really shock anyone if Dak outscored him this year? He was on pace to last year before he got hurt. I wouldn’t add more than a mid 2nd to Dak for Mahomes. Sometimes the most beneficial trades are the ones you don’t make.

As to the original question, he should be worth an early 1st. In this year’s class, I’d rather have Chase, Harris or Etienne, so I’d say his value lies somewhere between the 1.03 and 1.04. That said, if you’re set at RB and WR and needed an elite QB for a title push, I wouldn’t have any problem with trading even a top 3 pick for him.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue May 11, 2021 8:22 pm

I find people devalue drafting them, but nobody wants to sell them once they have them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 12, 2021 8:33 am

cantguardjake wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:22 pm

I find people devalue drafting them, but nobody wants to sell them once they have them.
I resemble that remark myself. :thumbup:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 12, 2021 9:22 am

This devaluing of top QBs makes no sense to me. If you’ve got a young top 5 (and Mahomes is more likely top 2 or 3) QB, he’s plug and play every non-bye week and you don’t have to burn any draft picks at that spot for a decade and a half.

That not only gives you an advantage in the draft for 15 years or more but also gives you a sizable margin over baseline at the position for a very extended period. I’m not saying burn 1.01 on a QB because these guys are still rookies and we have to see them translate, but if a future stud is lurking don’t be afraid to sink 1.08 to 1.12 on him.

And a guy like Mahomes who now has incontrovertible proof of greatness? Be prepared to overpay or there’s no way his owner parts with him. A high 1st rounder plus a decent starter at either QB or another position is probably your required opener to even get talks moving.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 pm
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm I can tell you that I offered Dak and the 1.07 this year and was shot down no counter.

That would be a pretty significant overpay for Mahomes. Dak is only two years older, and I don’t expect there to be a huge difference in their fantasy output over the next few years. Would it really shock anyone if Dak outscored him this year? He was on pace to last year before he got hurt. I wouldn’t add more than a mid 2nd to Dak for Mahomes. Sometimes the most beneficial trades are the ones you don’t make.

As to the original question, he should be worth an early 1st. In this year’s class, I’d rather have Chase, Harris or Etienne, so I’d say his value lies somewhere between the 1.03 and 1.04. That said, if you’re set at RB and WR and needed an elite QB for a title push, I wouldn’t have any problem with trading even a top 3 pick for him.
The problem is there are guys like Dak that come and go. Guys that flash top end play for a stretch but may or may not stick. Dak is no more a sure thing right now than Stafford, Goff, Wentz, Newton, etc were in the past.

So if you believe that Mahomes truly is proven greatness, with Peyton/Rodgers like staying power, then it can certainly make sense to lock that up while moving a guy that may be just as good, but is probably more likely to be similar to the guys mentioned above than to keep pace with Mahomes for the next 10 years.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Dragon_Breath5
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Dragon_Breath5 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:52 am

We had this trade go down in my league.

A: Mahomes

B: 1.02 & 2023 2nd (probably 2.04-2.07)
12-Team .5 PPR Superflex
QB: Herbert, Purdy, Richardson, Browning, Flacco, Mullens
RB: Hall, Walker, Edwards, Chandler, Gibson, Bigsby
WR: Jefferson, Brown, St. Brown, Wilson, Watson, Davis, Toney
TE: Hockenson, Johnson
2024: 3rd
2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 5th
2026: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

12-Team .5PPR 1QB
QB: Purdy, Cousins
RB: Barkely, Williams, Najee, Ekeler, Charbonnet, Dowdle
WR: Jefferson, Nacua, Johnson, Lockett, Boyd
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Johnson
2024: N/A
2025: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd
2026: 1st, 3rd,

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed May 12, 2021 9:53 am

No way I move my Mahomes for Dak and a 2nd.

The difference between the two is clear. They are not on the same level. A 2nd round rookie pick is a complete dart throw even though people tend to forget this year after year. To have a plug and play top 2-3 Qb is a key foundational peice to a true contender as the average point differential between the top few to the middle group of starting qb is huge. Ownership bias is clearly impacting some views on this on both sides i'd assume. To value a completely unproven rookie like Chase, ETN, etc over Mahomes is absolute lunacy.

An early 1st and a proven player is a starting point at best. But, admittedly, roster construction will have a lot to say about potential offers / trades.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 am

The real question is, which rookies do you think are being drafted in the first 3 rounds of a startup. Count the number of rookies and thats the lowest pick that you should be selling Mahommes for.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 pm

I'm going have to disagree completely with that take. There is a reason it was declined, and it wasn't just me getting lucky for having it turned down.

As others have said, the difference between the security of Dak and Mahomes is significant. They both may have elite upside, but Mahomes has. Very, very few clunkers, is still in the best situation for any QB, and will most likely be elite for over a decade. While I'd love that to be true for Dak, I don't see it yet.

The other point is that the 1.07 this year just really isn't even that enticing.
It's most likely a good wr prospect like Waddle, but we all know the hit rate of those kind of guys.
Give me the best guy at his position that will keep any decent roster in contention for years to come over said prospect and a worse QB, even if dak is still a top guy.

Leaving Dak out of this, anybody that sells Mahomes for one early rookie pick will be burned more often than not imo. I'd pay that for him in a heartbeat, even the 1.01.