The Cam Akers Wager Thread -- CLOSED (abloom wins)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The Cam Akers Wager Thread -- Deadline May 24th

Postby McCafsteez » Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 am

What type of scoring?

I think across the board, yes, he will finish at RB9.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 07, 2021 9:18 am

McCafsteez wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 am What type of scoring?

I think across the board, yes, he will finish at RB9.
0.5 ppr, the rest is standard.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri May 07, 2021 10:28 am

No. I predict RB12.

I see a pretty clear top 11 running backs next season, after which there's a pretty murky tier which Akers is part of. Doesn't mean he won't be good, there's sometimes not much of a difference between back-end RB1 production and mid-range RB2 production.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 am

This is comical.

Way to dig your heels into a bad take :lol:

Your reasons for why he won't be successful are completely irrelevant except for:
And lastly, my evaluation of him deemed him be a power back with speed and a very good cerebral mind, but with nothing more to offer. There's no room for growth given his skillset, so he's already reached his ceiling, therefor this is the best he can do from here on out.
To which I'd argue that even if that were true (it's not) his development in the passing game is what will make or break his potential to be an elite fantasy RB.

You're also completely ignoring the addition of Matthew Stafford and the potential for this to be a truly explosive offense with massive TD potential.. as well as the departure of Malcolm Brown (their passing down back) last year... and the fact that Akers projects to be the best passing down back on the roster.

Yes, RB9

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am

Well I like Free-rolling so i'll take NO and say (edited in on 5/7) that he suffers an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season. Final answer.
Last edited by abloom on Sat May 08, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri May 07, 2021 10:52 am

No.
RB 24+

Seems like we have a guy like this every few years. A rookie that finishes really strong and catapults up to high startup value. Every once in a while it's David Johnson. More often it's Julius Jones, Jeremy Hill, Miles Sanders, Jay Ajayi, etc.

These kind of guys are the worst EV risk in FF, imho. FFers act like all the risk is sucked out after a couple good games when in reality the risk is the same as it was when he was an incoming rookie. Akers' current startup price is roughly the same as what Zeke/Saquon cost coming into the league as a rookie. To me that's crazy for him to be vaulted up that highly after a small handful of games, and history does not favor these kind of players.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 am

Sriracha wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 am This is comical.

Way to dig your heels into a bad take :lol:

Your reasons for why he won't be successful are completely irrelevant except for:
And lastly, my evaluation of him deemed him be a power back with speed and a very good cerebral mind, but with nothing more to offer. There's no room for growth given his skillset, so he's already reached his ceiling, therefor this is the best he can do from here on out.
To which I'd argue that even if that were true (it's not) his development in the passing game is what will make or break his potential to be an elite fantasy RB.

You're also completely ignoring the addition of Matthew Stafford and the potential for this to be a truly explosive offense with massive TD potential.. as well as the departure of Malcolm Brown (their passing down back) last year... and the fact that Akers projects to be the best passing down back on the roster.

Yes, RB9
ehhhh..... :)

I didn't ignore Stafford. Two sides of the same coin imo. Obviously Stafford is better but it's not night and day to me.

The big thing for me, and I haven't said it on these forums until now I think, is that I really like Xavier Jones. He runs way too upright and is more of an instinctive runner than I would like to see, but he fits well with the Rams stable of RBs. I was really hoping to see him last year, but no dice. I think he'll be a nice little surprise this year.

But that's cool buddy. You spoke your piece and we'll wait and see. Maybe I'll be adding you to my sig for a year.

Or maybe not. :nono: :lol:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 am

No
RB20

This is pretty cool. My bet is mostly statistical. Without demonstrated top 10 production it seems really unlikely he’d finish that high this year. Didn’t see enough to suggest that’s what he’s capable of and I think Henderson will get plenty of touches as well
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:43 am

He's a virtual lock to finish top 10, pending health.

McVay prefers a back with the vision, patience, timing, and burst to run outside zone. Outside zone unlocks the entire McVay offense, as the threat of it is what allows all of the misdirection/counters, play actions, and screen concepts that he is known for to open up. This is why Henderson was so easily sent to the bench and why Akers was rode so hard. Henderson is a 1 speed, north-south, full steam ahead runner that lacks the vision and patience to effectively run outside zone. With him on the field, the offense is limited in its capabilities. Akers, on the other hand, flashed the patience, vision, and burst necessary to execute the preferred offense. Going forward, there is really no reason to believe this will change.

Given the elite defense and offensive potential, this is going to be a team with a heavy statistical output. With Akers commanding one of the highest snap shares in the league, it will be near impossible for him to not be a top 10 back given the state of the RB position. Based on McVay's history and the offense's outlook, Akers has 20 TD potential.

I'll say he finishes RB4 and is the top 2020 RB. He's staring at a top 5 RB workload this season.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Agree with the above, pending health it’s a yes. Akers has amazing hands, I expect him to be unlocked in the receiving game this year.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 07, 2021 12:37 pm

The only reason I won't make this bet is due to possible injury, which is a risk for any player. But I think if he's able to play the full season then the answer is yes, he will easily be a top 10 RB. I'd peg him as finishing at RB6.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm

No RB13.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, AJB, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcich

2024: 1.04, 1.09, 2.02
2025: 1, 2, 3

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Mixon, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, Toney
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 1.11, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 07, 2021 1:18 pm

I am on the no side. I think the attraction of having Stafford's arm strength and vision is goint be too much for McVay to not highlight. I will say RB18, just because I haven't seen it picked yet
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 07, 2021 1:19 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:18 pm I am on the no side. I think the attraction of having Stafford's arm strength and vision is goint be too much for McVay to not highlight. I will say RB18, just because I haven't seen it picked yet
And you don't expect Stafford to throw to his RB?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:19 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:18 pm I am on the no side. I think the attraction of having Stafford's arm strength and vision is goint be too much for McVay to not highlight. I will say RB18, just because I haven't seen it picked yet
And you don't expect Stafford to throw to his RB?
Of course he will, but my eyes saw a QB that dumped to the running backs because lack of time and talent downfield. I think Cooper Kupp benefits a lot form that tendacy. Akers can catch, but there where years Theo Riddick was the lions best pass catcher. Not too mention the history of 100 yard rushing games with Stafford under center. Yes they are different teams, but the Lions had a lot of draft day prospects expected to "fix" the problem over the years. I fully admit I was low on Akers coming and a couple games hasn't been enough to change my mind, yet....
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts