Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 am

I do get the instant memory sect that thinks just because he had a better year two than year one he must be the greatest even though Jeudy hasn't even had a year two.

Sutton may turn out better but the claims you guys are making are foolish at this point. Jeudy was a vastly superior route runner in college especially out of his breaks from ether side of the field and certainly should improve much like Sutton did year two.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 am I do get the instant memory sect that thinks just because he had a better year two than year one he must be the greatest even though Jeudy hasn't even had a year two.

Sutton may turn out better but the claims you guys are making are foolish at this point. Jeudy was a vastly superior route runner in college especially out of his breaks from ether side of the field and certainly should improve much like Sutton did year two.
So people are foolish for believing in something that has already been demonstrated but you state as a certainty something that hasn’t even occurred yet.

Interesting tactic.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 am I do get the instant memory sect that thinks just because he had a better year two than year one he must be the greatest even though Jeudy hasn't even had a year two.

So people are foolish for believing in something that has already been demonstrated but you state as a certainty something that hasn’t even occurred yet.

Interesting tactic.
Sutton has started 24 of a possible 48 games.
He has 117 receptions in his career and 10 TD.s I get he had a major knee injury last year.

Don't misunderstand, I really like the player but maybe our definition of alpha is a bit different.

29 players had more receptions in 2019
18 had more receiving yards
23 had more receiving TD's
20 more tied him with 6 receiving TD's.

In fantasy PPR he averaged 25th in PPG.

He is a young player with upside that put up numbers like Gallup in two more games than Gallup in 2019. Actually, Gallup averaged about 9 more yards per game played as a #2 WR on his team and had 6 TD's as well in those 2 less games.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Interesting tactic.
He has 117 receptions in his career and 10 TD.s I get he had a major knee injury last year.

Don't misunderstand, I really like the player but maybe our definition of alpha is a bit different.

He is a young player with upside that put up numbers like Gallup in two more games than Gallup in 2019. Actually, Gallup averaged about 9 more yards per game played as a #2 WR on his team and had 6 TD's as well in those 2 less games.
Yeah, and the DAL and DEN Os are mirror images of each other. How could i have missed that?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Interesting tactic.

Yeah, and the DAL and DEN Os are mirror images of each other. How could i have missed that?
Alpha's don't need no stinking excuses! :biggrin:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:44 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:03 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Alpha's don't need no stinking excuses! :biggrin:
lol

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:04 am

Not surprising.
Attachments
Jeudy.JPG
Jeudy.JPG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 am

How are those passes graded though honestly? I'm not saying Lock was good by any means, but Jeudy does do a lot of "juking" and other ad libs that could throw his route off just enough to cause issues. I think it was mostly a QB issue, but there is partial blame on Jeudy's end too that he needs to clean up. I still have him highly ranked and think he'll bounce back.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:55 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 am How are those passes graded though honestly? I'm not saying Lock was good by any means, but Jeudy does do a lot of "juking" and other ad libs that could throw his route off just enough to cause issues. I think it was mostly a QB issue, but there is partial blame on Jeudy's end too that he needs to clean up. I still have him highly ranked and think he'll bounce back.
I may be wrong but Lock wasn’t particularly accurate to other WRs either from what I saw. Jeudy had some pretty bad drops but most of Denver’s offensive problems seem to be QB play
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:04 am Not surprising.
Said it all throughout this thread and the other one.

PFF:

UNCATCHABLE DEEP BALL AND END ZONE TARGETS
Once again: Jeudy leads the way. His 47% uncatchable rate on deep balls was surpassed by only Mike Williams (48%), Stefon Diggs (50%) and Gallup (50%). I’m generally a Drew Lock apologist because the man mixes some real highs (fifth in big-time throw rate!) with plenty of lows (35th in turnover-worthy play rate) that people (understandably) focus on. With that said: Jeudy was held back severely as a rookie and generally did nothing other than ball the hell out when blessed with even a semi-accurate pass. His 12 drops trailed only Diontae Johnson (14) and must be addressed; just realize the 21-year-old talent already looks the part of the game’s next great route runner.

UNCATCHABLE TARGETS WHEN OPEN OR WIDE OPEN
Last season, only Moore had double-digit uncatchable targets when there wasn’t a defender in his general vicinity. Just five receivers had fewer than 85% of their open targets be considered catchable:

Harry (64%)
Moore (77%)
Jeudy (81%)
Slayton (84%)
Travis Fulgham (84%)
It’s tempting to crown Moore for being so underutilized both when open as well as in the end zone. Still, the Broncos’ rookie talent continues to find himself near the top of every single leaderboard available.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-footba ... rs-in-2020

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 am How are those passes graded though honestly? I'm not saying Lock was good by any means, but Jeudy does do a lot of "juking" and other ad libs that could throw his route off just enough to cause issues. I think it was mostly a QB issue, but there is partial blame on Jeudy's end too that he needs to clean up. I still have him highly ranked and think he'll bounce back.
Exactly. If Jeudy would just run the bleep route and stop dancing all day this number would not be as high.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Except for the part that he led the league in highest percentage of incomplete passes graded as the QBs fault and 19% of his wide open targets were uncatchable.

There's of course things he needs to address, but the above numbers are pretty overwhelming and damning in terms of creating success for a WR.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm
Exactly. If Jeudy would just run the bleep route and stop dancing all day this number would not be as high.
This is a facepalm worthy criticism. If you really feel this way, you might as well sell any shares you have of him and quit posting in this thread. You don't understand what makes him great.

We're talking about a guy that never gives a CB the same look twice, potentially the next great route runner in the game if his contemporaries are to be believed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/ ... have_high/

Xavien Howard got completely spun on a slant route. A *slant* route. When does that even happen?

This stuff...

https://twitter.com/mattbowen41/status/ ... 40?lang=en

Is still very much there for him in the Pros.

https://twitter.com/bradkelly17/status/ ... 74?lang=en

His first step, and his ability to flip his hips into his breaks and completely change his motion/direction - are his elite traits. "Dancing all day". Lol.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 am

mild wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm
This is a facepalm worthy criticism. If you really feel this way, you might as well sell any shares you have of him and quit posting in this thread. You don't understand what makes him great.

We're talking about a guy that never gives a CB the same look twice, potentially the next great route runner in the game if his contemporaries are to be believed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/ ... have_high/

Xavien Howard got completely spun on a slant route. A *slant* route. When does that even happen?

This stuff...

https://twitter.com/mattbowen41/status/ ... 40?lang=en

Is still very much there for him in the Pros.

https://twitter.com/bradkelly17/status/ ... 74?lang=en

His first step, and his ability to flip his hips into his breaks and completely change his motion/direction - are his elite traits. "Dancing all day". Lol.
Lol nice post. Didn't think "dancing all day" elicited an insightful post but this is it.

The numbers back the tape so I'm not sure why people are trying to push some narrative. Lock is just not good. Jeudy has 5 yards of separation, hand up, down the middle and nothing. Painfully reminds me of DJM.

Run the bleep route... lol

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 am

Just lookin for a place to piggy back real quick, cause this is not thread worthy;
Opinions on DeSean Hamilton? Worth a speculative stash in light of a possible trade? What’s his ceiling, 1 or 2 flex starts on a deep bye week? Flirt with WR3 both for a real NFL team and FF?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill