The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Overrated loser QB and now a garbage person too

Always hated him since his showboating on the Chiefs logo last year while up 24-0 and how it made what came after extra special

Even sweeter knowing that moment--up in the second quarter of the divisional playoff game--will be the pinnacle of his career and the closest this 4-12 loser will ever come to a championship even when he gets to play again (and he's certainly never winning an MVP)

This generation's Philip Rivers if Rivers was a horrible person--except Rivers at least made an AFC Championship and got a few MVP votes. Nice to think Watson never will

The fact some people thought this guy was in Mahomes' universe as a talent is still laughable

Hope the victims get their justice

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm

"I need to know my accusers" is another way of saying "there were a lot more than 22 and I can't keep track."

The motion that the accusers of this must reveal their identities is a massive deal, especially since the two that did go public have since received death threats.

An overrated player to begin with, I'm pretty convinced that Watson is a scumbag now on top of that, I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Sad thing is because of society and the status celebrities hold, the penalty he will face will be minimal.

If he wasn't guilty, his team wouldn't have tried to settle with one victim for a lesser sum.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 pm

Draftnik wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm "I need to know my accusers" is another way of saying "there were a lot more than 22 and I can't keep track
I may be completely wrong, but I couldn’t disagree with this more. He is entitled to possibly being innocent. If he is proven not , my stance will completely change.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 pm
Draftnik wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm "I need to know my accusers" is another way of saying "there were a lot more than 22 and I can't keep track
I may be completely wrong, but I couldn’t disagree with this more. He is entitled to possibly being innocent. If he is proven not , my stance will completely change.
It doesn't matter how many alleged incidents happened. He needs to know who is claiming he did these things.

Now his lawyer can dig up all the dirt he can on these accusers and tell their lawyer this is what we're using in court. Do they want this coming out in court or are they happy with $X to keep it quiet?

This is going to get dirty for all involved.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:08 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm
It doesn't matter how many alleged incidents happened. He needs to know who is claiming he did these things.

Now his lawyer can dig up all the dirt he can on these accusers and tell their lawyer this is what we're using in court. Do they want this coming out in court or are they happy with $X to keep it quiet?

I agree with this. At this moment the only thing we know is his reputation has been destroyed by mostly anonymous accusations and an accuser who was trying to negotiate a cash settlement which Watson wouldn’t do. He may be guilty of something, but this also may be a hit job.

There’s a lot left to this story and my strategy’s will to be patient. I am not looking to buy or sell at the moment.

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 am

Hardin has admitted that Watson has had sexual encounters with masseuses, their new defense is that "every time this happened it was consensual." Watson gets 2-3 massages per week from social media masseuses. No wonder they can't keep up.

Buzbee responded to the ruling that his claimants are prepared to come forward with their names, and stated it is only going to strengthen the case against Watson. The initial filing did not include their names to protect them.

You can call Buzbee as scummy as you want, but the guy is not an idiot.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:31 am

Yep, and Watson is going to face sitting in court in front of a jury and audience while a procession of 22 women are going to take the stand, a parade of one after another, and tell their side of Watson dropping his towel and rubbing himself on them all the way to forced oral copulation, and every one of those witnesses are going to go through character assassination by Watson’s legal team.

I can’t help but think that kind of oversaturation is not going to end favorably in any way for Watson in the eyes of the public, much less a jury that only needs to tip the scale by a fraction of a percent beyond 50% credibility. And he’ll be facing a me-too crowd outside the courtroom with the press in a feeding frenzy the whole time. His legal team needs to find a way to truncate the process - it will not end well for him regardless of any verdict.

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:47 am

As to the subject, it probably is time if you are prone to that reaction. I had someone ask for a medium size overpay in a single QB league a couple weeks ago which I, of course, turned down. Then I saw a deal in a SF league go down the other day; Wentz and Waller for Watson and Higbee. I suppose not a bad deal for the Watson side atm. I checked the trade finder app for 12 team, SF, 4 point passing td and full ppr. There is some serious panic selling going on. The first deal to come up was Watson and Juju for the 1.01. Further down was a Watson for Wentz straight up. People are getting something for him but nowhere close to his worth just a couple months ago.

It looks very bad for him right now, but it is bizarre how quickly these things turn one way or another. Tyreek looked to be in serious trouble, then hardly any disruption to his career from that incident. Rice looked to be in the clear, then it all fell apart very suddenly.

There seems to be at least one of these serious incidents every year. We just have to wait to see how it all plays out. At this point it is hard to imagine he comes out of this unscathed.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Is there a better place to talk about his trade value? Either way...

I am looking to sell for Matt Stafford, straight up if I have to. I am defending champ in a superflex league, riding Watson Kyler and Allen. I can afford to be patient but I would rather push into my window. I consider Stafford top 12 with top 8 upside in the Rams offense, and he has 5 or more years left. It keeps me whole at QB3, is a fair discount considering Watsons long term downside.

2021 is lost completely to Watson. I am 50/50 that he will be expelled or reinstated, and I am serious about that. Even if it's not that bad, I am prepared to make this move.

What if any Watson trades are you considering in your leagues?

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Watson has been my QB for years in my main league. I wasn't looking to sell before and I'm definitely not looking to sell now.

I bought him for 2.02 and Cousins a couple weeks ago for my orphan rebuild. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I still think there's light at the end of the tunnel as far as his career.

Either way, I would prefer Watson to Stafford in dynasty. But that's just me.

Side note: Watsons lawyer has looked in over his head this past month.

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Watson is entitled due process and with that to know "who" is accusing him.

Talk of Watson never playing again all but convicts him today and ignores that these are civil and not criminal cases. Even if found culpable in these cases and ordered to pay restitution, he still would have no criminal record. If the NFL were to try and ban him from the league, the NFLPA would have a field day.

Could it be Watson faces perceived "Kaeperneck" treatment by some franchises? Sure. But he still has all his rights as a citizen today and however the civil cases play out.

The whole situation is bizarre and as one poster said, "Everyone is going to get dirty" if this goes to trial.

Not a lawyer, but appears smart move is settle those that come forward, pay his 2/4/6/8/17 game suspension, and move on to 2022.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:31 am

Yep, and Watson is going to face sitting in court in front of a jury and audience while a procession of 22 women are going to take the stand, a parade of one after another, and tell their side of Watson dropping his towel and rubbing himself on them all the way to forced oral copulation, and every one of those witnesses are going to go through character assassination by Watson’s legal team.

I can’t help but think that kind of oversaturation is not going to end favorably in any way for Watson in the eyes of the public, much less a jury that only needs to tip the scale by a fraction of a percent beyond 50% credibility. And he’ll be facing a me-too crowd outside the courtroom with the press in a feeding frenzy the whole time. His legal team needs to find a way to truncate the process - it will not end well for him regardless of any verdict.
Was listening to a podcast with a lawyer, and he said it won't be 1 trial with all the women combined. Each individual case is going to addressed individually. Meaning each case will be its own trial if it gets that far.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm

palevermilion wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:13 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:31 am

Was listening to a podcast with a lawyer, and he said it won't be 1 trial with all the women combined. Each individual case is going to addressed individually. Meaning each case will be its own trial if it gets that far.
I’m no lawyer, so I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but I thought I saw where in TX that if the plaintiffs names are disclosed as a matter of due process that it also combines all plaintiffs into a single class action suit.

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:23 pm

They are combined for pre-trial hearings - that was agreed to last week by each side.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 am

tidewaterjc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:23 pm They are combined for pre-trial hearings - that was agreed to last week by each side.
Thanks.

Well, it looks like from the most recent development that Watson’s legal team has gone from “it never happened” to “it happened but it was consensual” to now “all of the women are lying”. This has the earmarks of a prolonged ugly event. I’m surprised by the all-in tactic on Watson’s side - I wonder if they got some kind of indicator that his career is over if even a few of the events are accurate because this is not going to play well at all in the public’s eyes and figures to take an extended period to resolve.