General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:13 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:06 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:48 pm i wouldn't sell barkley for a 1st round pick either if it was offered.

i'm just not actively chasing him for what his owners think he's worth.

he had an amazing rookie season, was pretty average last season until weeks 15 and 16, then he's out this season after stinking it up on the field.

let someone else pay up for him.
This is absurd to me. To use his week 1 struggle as a reason to fade him long term (assuming good health) is so short sighted. He was already the #1 RB in fantasy on a bad offense when he was healthy, and would have been top 3 if he was healthy in 2019. He will be top 3 if hes healthy in 2021 going forward.
Absurd? What did i say that was incorrect?
There’s no concrete proof he is actually top 3...and by averages he was technically never the top RB, let alone by a clear margin. Let’s not confuse Saquon with LT, who was CLEARLY head and shoulders above the field. Barkley is not that...in fact ADP was greater in comparison to the field than Barkley is/has been....
In 2018 he finished 2nd in PPG, 1st in Total points.
In 2019 he finished 7th in PPG,9th in a Total points.
If anything, this 3rd year was a defining year that would have established a trend to solidify his place at #2 or #3. However, as of right now McCaffrey is the clear #1 and by the looks of it Kamara is likely #2 and #3 is arguable - honestly, likely Aaron Jones (who is truly disrespected) or CEH. There’s a lot of feelings swirling right now. But the longer people hold onto what Barkley WAS in 2018 the more value people WILL lose in the future. I don’t think Barkley’s value will ever be as high as it was after his rookie season. It will take a huge season for Barkley to reclaim top 3 status and owners will either have to
A) risk holding out for that or
B) bite the bullet and settle for ridiculous value in exchange for a RB that may not live up to his inflated reputation.

Absurd seems to be the word in this thread. :dance:

And by the way I’d slam dunk selling a 1st for Barkley. But I’m definitely not paying a kings ransom. Sorry. Saquon is not LT.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Whoa. Misconceptions fly. I don't even know where to begin cleaning this up.

I guess I'll start by saying what Ladanian Tomlinson did is a very different landscape a decade ago is not a fair measuring stick. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen anybody using it in this thread. It's apples and oranges.

I also don't think it's fair to hold Saquons underwhelming 2019 against him but not Kamara. The only difference is that Barkley took and awkward cut and his knee tore this year. It was a football injury that can happen to anybody at any time, and I'm not fading a stud because of that.

His injury history obviously hurts his value, but you have people going waaay too far with it. Honestly, the stats you posted to discredit him didnt help your argument. He was #1 fully healthy, and #9 missing games and playing injured. You're going to have to do better to convince me that he isn't elite when healthy.

I think a fair dynasty value for him right now is Dalvin Cook, as fantasyfreak compared him to. It is "absurd" to not pay a 1st round pick for him. If you think you can buy him for less than that, you need to readjust the way you value players in fantasy football.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:48 pm i wouldn't sell barkley for a 1st round pick either if it was offered.

i'm just not actively chasing him for what his owners think he's worth.

he had an amazing rookie season, was pretty average last season until weeks 15 and 16, then he's out this season after stinking it up on the field.

let someone else pay up for him.
This is absurd to me. To use his week 1 struggle as a reason to fade him long term (assuming good health) is so short sighted. He was already the #1 RB in fantasy on a bad offense when he was healthy, and would have been top 3 if he was healthy in 2019. He will be top 3 if hes healthy in 2021 going forward.
Pretty much everything. If you don't think Barkley is worth a 2021 1st you need to reevaluate how you view players and pick value.

To call him "average" while playing relatively well through an injury is short sighted and completely lacking context. We saw what he does when healthy that year too. It's hypocritical to hold his 2019 performance against him and not Kamara. When healthy they are proven producers.

And if your valuation just comes down to him "stinking up the place" week 1 then I have to wonder if you have ever played fantasy football before. Christian McCaffery actually had a worse game in 2019 week 2. I can only imagine a person like you rushing to the forums complaining that he is trash and wanting to dump him after a game like that. Only to look like a complete fool later for dumping an elite talent for 1 bad game.
Last edited by MFundercover on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kcarr716
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kcarr716 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:59 am

MattDeezy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm Was offered Barkley for my CEH straight up today. With the uncertainty around Barkley moving forward, I countered with my CEH for his Barkley and a random 2022 1st (I’m in a rebuild) and he declined.

His team is fairly built to win now, so I didn’t feel like a random 1st 2 years out would be a decline. Oh well.
I have this exact same trade offered out. Think it is a fair shot for me as a rebuild to possibly improve on my asset with a top RB turning into a top RB plus a shot at a starter but also helps him compete this year still have a long term asset

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 am

I just traded Johnathan Taylor straight up for him in the league in my sig. I'll take that all day long. Sorry, his value hasn't dropped a bit for me. I'll take the future investment.

I traded Saquon at the start of the offseason for George Kittle and Mike Evans in a must start 2 TE Prem league. So, I look at this as J Taylor straight up for those two now. Making moves! Lol.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 am

NickGB wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 am I just traded Johnathan Taylor straight up for him in the league in my sig. I'll take that all day long. Sorry, his value hasn't dropped a bit for me. I'll take the future investment.

I traded Saquon at the start of the offseason for George Kittle and Mike Evans in a must start 2 TE Prem league. So, I look at this as J Taylor straight up for those two now. Making moves! Lol.
I have SB, and his value should drop about 15-20 percent to me. Losing a year of production of a RB in his prime, and having to come back the next year off an ACL definitely hurts his value. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise. I suppose if you aren't competing this year, that makes more sense, but his value around the overall community has dropped, as it should. I would love to get JT for my Barkley right now, but can't get it done. JT a few years younger, and doesn't have a major injury on the books.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 pm

Pretty much everything. If you don't think Barkley is worth a 2021 1st you need to reevaluate how you view players and pick value.

To call him "average" while playing relatively well through an injury is short sighted and completely lacking context. We saw what he does when healthy that year too. It's hypocritical to hold his 2019 performance against him and not Kamara. When healthy they are proven producers.

And if your valuation just comes down to him "stinking up the place" week 1 then I have to wonder if you have ever played fantasy football before. Christian McCaffery actually had a worse game in 2019 week 2. I can only imagine a person like you rushing to the forums complaining that he is trash and wanting to dump him after a game like that. Only to look like a complete fool later for dumping an elite talent for 1 bad game.
pretty much everything? pretty much nothing.

he was average in 2019. couldn't care less if it was due to injury. and he stunk it up this year, it's fact.

i didn't say he isn't worth a 2021 1st, i said i wouldn't pay that for him. because i wouldn't trade for him due to his injury prone ways.

relax man, it's only a game. we all don't have to have the exact same thoughts. nothing to get worked up over.

maybe go outside, have a walk, breath in some fresh air.

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 am
NickGB wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 am I just traded Johnathan Taylor straight up for him in the league in my sig. I'll take that all day long. Sorry, his value hasn't dropped a bit for me. I'll take the future investment.

I have SB, and his value should drop about 15-20 percent to me. Losing a year of production of a RB in his prime, and having to come back the next year off an ACL definitely hurts his value. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise. I suppose if you aren't competing this year, that makes more sense, but his value around the overall community has dropped, as it should. I would love to get JT for my Barkley right now, but can't get it done. JT a few years younger, and doesn't have a major injury on the books.
I can respect the value drop. I sold off JT with the intention of flipping Saquon later. For me? ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and Saquon is on a whole different spectrum of talent and I do believe that come next off-season and someone is going to jump on that trade. If not? Not a big deal, I'm still a huge believer in his abilities and he fits perfectly into the team in my sig. I wasn't competing this year but it's on the bring of being able to compete when a few of these players (hopefully) develop.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 am

NickGB wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 am

I can respect the value drop. I sold off JT with the intention of flipping Saquon later. For me? ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and Saquon is on a whole different spectrum of talent and I do believe that come next off-season and someone is going to jump on that trade. If not? Not a big deal, I'm still a huge believer in his abilities and he fits perfectly into the team in my sig. I wasn't competing this year but it's on the bring of being able to compete when a few of these players (hopefully) develop.
See, based on this, I get it. If you have your own picks still, this move actually increases the value of your picks as well, as you lose JT's production for the year, making your team worse for the year, but your picks next year a bit better, most likely.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:41 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 pm

he was average in 2019. couldn't care less if it was due to injury. and he stunk it up this year, it's fact.

i didn't say he isn't worth a 2021 1st, i said i wouldn't pay that for him. because i wouldn't trade for him due to his injury prone ways.

relax man, it's only a game. we all don't have to have the exact same thoughts. nothing to get worked up over.

Um, okay? I can have a disagreement without being angry. Don't be so condescending and assume I'm fuming because I disagree. You asked me a question, I answered it nicely. People like you are so annoying.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:22 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 am

LOL, it's hilarious how people love to slap the "injury prone" label on players as soon as they suffer a 2nd injury, especially if it's 2 years in a row. I'm old enough to remember when Keenan Allen was considered the most injury prone player in the league, and now he hasn't missed a game since 2016. Barkley has had 2 completely unrelated injuries, and his entire injury history prior too the NFL consists of a mild high ankle sprain as a freshman at PSU that cost him 2 games. An ACL tear is just something that happens sometimes, but it's nowhere near as catastrophic as a torn Achilles would have been to his future prospects. He's going to return at full strength next year and be right back at the top of the RB game, and I'll be firing up as the 1.01 in startups without hesitation next year.
Last edited by bjd5211 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:25 am

Don't feed the trolls.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:28 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.

This is probably the worst post I've read in my close to a decade on these forums. I think there's a 50% chance you're trolling and a 50% chance you actually believe what you just typed.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:20 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm Whoa. Misconceptions fly. I don't even know where to begin cleaning this up.

I guess I'll start by saying what Ladanian Tomlinson did is a very different landscape a decade ago is not a fair measuring stick. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen anybody using it in this thread. It's apples and oranges.
I’m not comparing LT to Barkley in terms of production. I’m comparing their value and production in relationship to other RBs during their time. LT was consistently the #1 scoring RB, and in his prime it was never really close besides Priest Holmes. It made sense to sell a Kings ransom for LT because he could literally carry a team. Barkley’s production does not separate him from the pack enough to warrant overpaying, ESPECIALLY now.

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm
4) I also don't think it's fair to hold Saquons underwhelming 2019 against him but not Kamara. The only difference is that Barkley took and awkward cut and his knee tore this year. It was a football injury that can happen to anybody at any time, 1) and I'm not fading a stud because of that.

His injury history obviously hurts his value, but you have people going waaay too far with it. 2) Honestly, the stats you posted to discredit him didnt help your argument. He was #1 fully healthy, and #9 missing games and playing injured. You're going to have to do better to convince me that he isn't elite when healthy.

3) I think a fair dynasty value for him right now is Dalvin Cook, as fantasyfreak compared him to. It is "absurd" to not pay a 1st round pick for him. If you think you can buy him for less than that, you need to readjust the way you value players in fantasy football.
1) Nobody is saying you have to do anything. The goal is to discuss what is concrete and to each make our own decisions based on what has happened.

2) I think it’s interesting when people say I use numbers to discredit and fluff my position as if I intentionally left something out be right. My friend, my ego doesn’t rely on these forums. If you have concrete information or perspective to support why you believe Saquon is undoubtedly #1 please share with the class. Otherwise, your feelings, while valid, don’t make him being #1 true. You’re allowed to believe that...but like I said earlier, it’s a crossroad.

3) A fair dynasty deal is Dalvin Cook, huh? :thumbup: How many people have smacked HIM with the injury prone tag as a way to devalue him? When we talk about top backs he is also very highly unappreciated and it’s mostly because of the injury tag. So honestly, let’s not go there....discussing how each individual defines injury prone is for sure a discussion not worth having.

I agree with everything else you said that is not bolded.

EDIT: 4) It is 100% fair to hold it against Barkley and not Kamara.....because Kamara is still playing this year and is the #2 RB. McCaffrey has been unquestionably top 3 in average and total points for multiple years and he is only gone for a couple weeks and should still end up being a top 10 RB in scoring and average. This is the difference between feeling and fact. Barkley’s 14 game injury changes things. Maybe not to drastic measures like refusing to trade a 1st rounder. But pretending like it doesn’t is not rooted in facts. Like it has been alluded to, this decreases Barkley’s output by....let’s say 17% using age 30 as his window of relevance and production. would you rather have Barkley at 100% for 6 years? Or CEH or Taylor at 100% for 9? Or Jacobs at 100% for 8?

Feel how you want, but at least do some math and add it up first - that’s my main point. Nobody is twisting numbers to manipulate your feelings. Its not that serious :lol:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am

wow.

first it was absurd, now it's the worst post in the history of the forum? because i won't actively trade for barkley?

you guys are hilarious.

he's not a god. he's just a football player that has had one good season out of three.

get over yourselves.