Antonio Gibson rocket ship

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9746
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 am

Yarnith wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 pm
What I took away this week is I like Loves chances if he is healthy to bellcow this offense. Gibson looks a lot like a weapon for the immediate future but not a primary ball carrier and everyone else was just awful.
How is that your takeaway when they ran a true committee with three RBs and he wasn't involved?

J.D. McKissic 31 snaps, 21 routes, 4 PBLK

Peyton Barber 29 snaps, 6 routes, 0 PBLK

Antonio Gibson 18 snaps, 8 routes, 0 PBLK

If anything, the odds seem strong that there won't be a bellcow.

Mjvb5
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:22 am
Krypto_King wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:18 am
yep, the guy that was inactive is going to jump the depth chart in a 10 point upset victory... ...
Yeah, I don't get that take either. The committee they ran week 1 worked well enough for them to win. Granted the D was too much for the Eagles decimated OL to handle, but Bryce Love certainly isn't stepping into a lead role any time soon.
The one guy who might now get a much much shorter leash admittedly is JD mckissick. 2 rushes for -1 and 1/5 targets for 3 yards.

Mjvb5
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 am
Yarnith wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 pm
What I took away this week is I like Loves chances if he is healthy to bellcow this offense. Gibson looks a lot like a weapon for the immediate future but not a primary ball carrier and everyone else was just awful.
How is that your takeaway when they ran a true committee with three RBs and he wasn't involved?

J.D. McKissic 31 snaps, 21 routes, 4 PBLK

Peyton Barber 29 snaps, 6 routes, 0 PBLK

Antonio Gibson 18 snaps, 8 routes, 0 PBLK

If anything, the odds seem strong that there won't be a bellcow.
yeah my main takeaway is that this is probably gonna be unuasable all year

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16037
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 am

Mjvb5 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 am
Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 am
Yarnith wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 pm
What I took away this week is I like Loves chances if he is healthy to bellcow this offense. Gibson looks a lot like a weapon for the immediate future but not a primary ball carrier and everyone else was just awful.
How is that your takeaway when they ran a true committee with three RBs and he wasn't involved?

J.D. McKissic 31 snaps, 21 routes, 4 PBLK

Peyton Barber 29 snaps, 6 routes, 0 PBLK

Antonio Gibson 18 snaps, 8 routes, 0 PBLK

If anything, the odds seem strong that there won't be a bellcow.
yeah my main takeaway is that this is probably gonna be unuasable all year
Gibson looked good, in his usage, but he was used the same way he was at Memphis. He's not going to be some Bell Cow back. He could be a Harvin like player (good version), but my big takeaway from this game was that Haskins is not good. He isn't going to run a high powered offense, any time soon.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.

Bronco Billy
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:44 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 am
Yarnith wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 pm
What I took away this week is I like Loves chances if he is healthy to bellcow this offense. Gibson looks a lot like a weapon for the immediate future but not a primary ball carrier and everyone else was just awful.
How is that your takeaway when they ran a true committee with three RBs and he wasn't involved?

J.D. McKissic 31 snaps, 21 routes, 4 PBLK

Peyton Barber 29 snaps, 6 routes, 0 PBLK

Antonio Gibson 18 snaps, 8 routes, 0 PBLK

If anything, the odds seem strong that there won't be a bellcow.
Love was inactive. He didn’t have any way to get a share. That’s not projecting anything better in the future for him. Unless he steps his game up significantly or someone gets hurt he’s looking like the odd man out.

As a Gibson owner, that kind of share in week 1 is encouraging IMO. He’s literally learning on the job, but RB is one of the easier positions to break into. He’ll be getting 1st team reps in practice, which is a huge boon since buried rookies just don’t get enough regular season reps because they are so limited and game planning takes up such a large amount of in-season practice reps. I get the impression that unless Gibson steps on his johnson that he’ll keep gaining a larger share of the workload as the season progresses and that his role will become more diverse.

Yarnith
Captain
Captain
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Yarnith » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 am

Krypto_King wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:18 am
yep, the guy that was inactive is going to jump the depth chart in a 10 point upset victory... ...
Which back that was active locked up his role as the early down guy for you? Was it McKissics 3 carries for -2 and 5 tgts for 1 catch and 1yard that really locked it in or Barbers 17carries for 29yds? Yeah he got 2 td's but they were both awful running the ball. Gibson was less awful but frankly 9 for 36 isn't gonna work especially when it breaks down as 1 for 20 and 8 for 16. Big play ability is there but you need someone to get ahead of the chains on early downs.

They have no idea how Love will play in a real game so I will take that potential over the steaming pile that was that running game versus Philly.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: E. Elliott, A. Kamara, CEH. J. Taylor, A. Peterson, B. Love, D. Dallas, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A. Cooper, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, D. Slayton, P. Williams, R. Woods, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: H. Henry, G. Kittle, I. Thomas

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

blemly
Starter
Starter
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby blemly » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:49 am

I’ve been a Gibson proponent for a while now, but I’m taking this week as a small buying opportunity. His stats didn’t pop, but his usage was encouraging considering the fact that he is learning on the fly as others have said. FWIW, his 11 touches in week 1 equal about 15% of the total touches he saw in his last year at Memphis.
Team 1: 14-team PPR SF TE Prem:
QB: Jackson, Burrow
RB: Sanders, Guice, Dobbins
WR: DJM, Chark, Kupp, J. Jefferson, D-Jax
TE: Ebron, Warring

Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TE Prem:
QB: Wilson, Rivers, Foles
RB: Mixon, Swift, Guice, Cohen, Hines, Gibson
WR: DJM, Diggs, Landry, Renfrow
TE: Henry, Gesicki

Team 3 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Wentz, Cousins
RB: Sanders, Akers, Guice, Pollard, Edmonds
WR: Golladay, DJM, Kirk, Campbell, Ross, Davis
TE: Herndon, Gesicki
2021: 1,1,1,1

Team 4: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Garopollo
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hill
WR: Hill, Lockett, Chark, Landry, McLaurin, Hardman, Perriman, Mims, Shenault
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Rudolph

Team 5 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF TE Prem
QB: Watson, Stafford
RB: JT, Swift, Akers
WR: Lamb, D. Johnson, Pittman, Mims, Shenault, Campbell, Shepard
TE: Knox, Jarwin, Trautman
2021: 1,1,2,2

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Hard to draw much from week 1. We'll see where he is in a month or two.

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Hard to draw much from week 1. We'll see where he is in a month or two.
What do you think this is; dynasty football? Oh wait.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Antonio Gibson, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson
WR: OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, Tyler Johnson, ESB, Scotty Miller, Sims Jr
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr
Taxi: Edwards, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance:

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4459
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Bot101 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm

Id like to point out that Gibson was far better with his opportunity than Barber or Mckissic. Especially Mckissic, he was so bad. Buy while theres a gaping window.

StripesOfKC
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 am
5-10 touches week 1. I think over 10 is fairly optimistic for the rook.
I disagree. Don't have him anywhere but trying to buy

No way is Peyton Barber getting that much work every week
Team 1

8 Team 0.5 PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Watson, Roethlisberger
RB: Zeke, CEH
WR: AJ Brown (Out), Sutton (IR), McLaurin
FLEX: Chark, Jonathan Taylor
TE: Kittle
D: Steelers
K: Gould

Bench
QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold, Jordan Love
RB: Swift, Sony, Cohen, Myles Gaskin, Damien Harris (IR)
WR: Diontae, Gallup, Pittman, Anthony Miller, Mims, Bryan Edwards, Parris Campbell (Out), TreQuan Smith, Mooney, Gabe Davis, Quintez Cephus
TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

2021: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th
2022: 1 1sts, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Slayton, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Geordert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16037
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm
Id like to point out that Gibson was far better with his opportunity than Barber or Mckissic. Especially Mckissic, he was so bad. Buy while theres a gaping window.
I'd wait for a few more weeks. Gibson isn't ready to be a full time RB in the NFL right now. Barber certainly looks better at the goal line, too.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7838
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am

StripesOfKC wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 am
5-10 touches week 1. I think over 10 is fairly optimistic for the rook.
I disagree. Don't have him anywhere but trying to buy

No way is Peyton Barber getting that much work every week
You disagree after week 1 is over? Interesting take. He had 11 so I guess I was completely wrong anyway!
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert, Dillon, Mattison, Darrel, Scott, Pollard, Gaskin, Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Parris, Cooks, Preston, Mims (IR), Gordon (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Cohen, J. Robinson, Snell, Penny (IR), Armstead (IR)
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Parris, Hardman, Diontae, Lazard, Mike Will, C. Davis
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16037
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am
StripesOfKC wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 am
5-10 touches week 1. I think over 10 is fairly optimistic for the rook.
I disagree. Don't have him anywhere but trying to buy

No way is Peyton Barber getting that much work every week
You disagree after week 1 is over? Interesting take. He had 11 so I guess I was completely wrong anyway!
I see Gibson as a suped up Percy Harvin. Watching Haskins is painful, though. I think this offense is going to struggle. McLaurin is legit, but Haskins accuracy just isn't there consistently. Not sure Gibson will be start worthy in this system much this year.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.

StripesOfKC
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am
StripesOfKC wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 am
5-10 touches week 1. I think over 10 is fairly optimistic for the rook.
I disagree. Don't have him anywhere but trying to buy

No way is Peyton Barber getting that much work every week
You disagree after week 1 is over? Interesting take. He had 11 so I guess I was completely wrong anyway!
Oops I thought it was made after week 1. Didn't even know he had 11

Just think his week 1 is a floor and there is a buy window here
Team 1

8 Team 0.5 PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Watson, Roethlisberger
RB: Zeke, CEH
WR: AJ Brown (Out), Sutton (IR), McLaurin
FLEX: Chark, Jonathan Taylor
TE: Kittle
D: Steelers
K: Gould

Bench
QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold, Jordan Love
RB: Swift, Sony, Cohen, Myles Gaskin, Damien Harris (IR)
WR: Diontae, Gallup, Pittman, Anthony Miller, Mims, Bryan Edwards, Parris Campbell (Out), TreQuan Smith, Mooney, Gabe Davis, Quintez Cephus
TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

2021: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th
2022: 1 1sts, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Slayton, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Geordert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: akpipeline23 and 3 guests