Antonio Brown

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Prison_Mike
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Prison_Mike » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 am

FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 am
Anyone thinking they are getting a first is dreaming. His age alone will restrict that. Add in he’s suspended and insane, and I’m not sure why anyone is fathoming that as a realistic outcome for them. That doesn’t even account for everything COVID adding uncertainty layered on top.
Agreed, I thought even a 2nd would be unlikely
Team 1:
12-team | Half PPR | 1QB - (startup year)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX
QB: Dak, Stafford, Tyrod, Fitzpatrick
RB: Saquon, Sanders, Drake, Mostert, Coleman Pollard, Jackson, ito
WR: Hopkins, OBJ, Kirk, MJJ, Crowder, Tate, Tyrell, Conley, Wilson, Bisi, AGG, Davis
TE: Engram, Olsen, Thomas, Jonnu, Moreau

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | 1QB - (startup year)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, DST, K
QB: Dak, Roethlisberger, Newton, Dalton
RB: Zeke, Bell, Sanders, Dobbins, Conner, Guice, Justice, T.Williams
WR: Hopkins, Keenan, Boyd, DJM, Lamb, Miller, D-Jax, Wilson, Pettis, AB, Stills
TE: Engram, Hock, Ian Thomas, Herndon, Oliver
(Taxi): Mooney, Albert O

Team 3:
10-team | PPR | SuperFlex
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF
QB: Dak, Wentz, Haskins, Dalton, Brissett
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Conner, Murray, Coleman, Hines, Duke, CT
WR: Hopkins, Julio, DJM, Keenan, Boyd, Tyrell, Smith, Wilson
TE: Ertz, Jonnu, Ian Thomas, Oliver

User avatar
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3520
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am

I’m still willing to take a shot on him if the price is right. I’m not sure he will ever play a snap still, a COVID shortening season would def hamper his chances. But the upside could still be there as well. I just bought him on Thursday, literally like 12hours before the suspension news hit. I paid JJaw and C. Hyde for AB and Tyrell Williams. I’m in win now, and thought of it as the chance of JJaw ever developing into fantasy relevance and the chance of AB playing again felt roughly the same. So I’m gonna bank on the history and upside of AB maybe contributing to late season run over a prospect hold and hope. Figured Hyde and Williams kinda cancel each other out.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 am

FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 am
Anyone thinking they are getting a first is dreaming. His age alone will restrict that. Add in he’s suspended and insane, and I’m not sure why anyone is fathoming that as a realistic outcome for them. That doesn’t even account for everything COVID adding uncertainty layered on top.
Right? I see the comp to Gordon and I get it, but Gordon was always younger and there was hope he could get it together. I don't think there's any hope for AB. Dude needs help
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Cohen, Penny, Hines, Bowden
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 15059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:14 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 am
FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 am
Anyone thinking they are getting a first is dreaming. His age alone will restrict that. Add in he’s suspended and insane, and I’m not sure why anyone is fathoming that as a realistic outcome for them. That doesn’t even account for everything COVID adding uncertainty layered on top.
Right? I see the comp to Gordon and I get it, but Gordon was always younger and there was hope he could get it together. I don't think there's any hope for AB. Dude needs help
I don't see anyone paying a 2nd either. That's why I said a first is a smash accept. He's missing AT LEAST 8 games, and will be 33 next year. He's also still not on a team.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.

Hankybro21
Captain
Captain
Posts: 933
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Hankybro21 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:14 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 am
FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 am
Anyone thinking they are getting a first is dreaming. His age alone will restrict that. Add in he’s suspended and insane, and I’m not sure why anyone is fathoming that as a realistic outcome for them. That doesn’t even account for everything COVID adding uncertainty layered on top.
Right? I see the comp to Gordon and I get it, but Gordon was always younger and there was hope he could get it together. I don't think there's any hope for AB. Dude needs help
I don't see anyone paying a 2nd either. That's why I said a first is a smash accept. He's missing AT LEAST 8 games, and will be 33 next year. He's also still not on a team.
I tried to buy him last night and owner “won’t take anything less than a 2nd.” It’s tempting bc of the talent but such a headache
Team 1 (champs '18,'19)
10 TM PPR; QB*1, RB*2, WR*3, Flex*2, TE*1, K*1, DEF*1

QB: Lamar, Goff, J. Allen
WR: Nuk, MT, DJM, Adams, Godwin, Anthony Miller, Mike Williams, JJAW, Preston
RB: Barkley, Mixon, MG III, Cohen, Mattison, Washington, Rojo, Boston
TE: Kelce, Hunter, OJH, Dissly, Jarwin
K: Zuerlein, Gay
Def: Ravens
2020: 6, 15, 40, 50

Team 2 (rebuilt orphan)
10 TM PPR SF; QB*1, RB*2, WR*3, TE*1, Flex*2, SF*1, K*1, Defense*1, IDP*3

QB: Russell, Watson, Grier, Rosen
WR: MT, DJM, Godwin, Sutton, Parris, Kirk, AB, Preston, Hakeem, Isabella
RB: Jacobs, Mixon, DJ, Darwin
TE: Goedert, HH, Gronk, Hock
K: Tucker
Def: Pitt
IDP: Donald, Collins Sr., Wagner
2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 1.10
2021: 1st x2, 2nd x1

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 am

But 8 games is the whole 2020 season!
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Antonio Gibson, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson
WR: OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, Tyler Johnson, ESB, Scotty Miller, Sims Jr
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr
Taxi: Edwards, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance:

Yarnith
Starter
Starter
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Yarnith » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:56 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am
I’m still willing to take a shot on him if the price is right. I’m not sure he will ever play a snap still, a COVID shortening season would def hamper his chances. But the upside could still be there as well. I just bought him on Thursday, literally like 12hours before the suspension news hit. I paid JJaw and C. Hyde for AB and Tyrell Williams. I’m in win now, and thought of it as the chance of JJaw ever developing into fantasy relevance and the chance of AB playing again felt roughly the same. So I’m gonna bank on the history and upside of AB maybe contributing to late season run over a prospect hold and hope. Figured Hyde and Williams kinda cancel each other out.
I would take Williams for AB straight up and feel bad doing it to the guy. Keep in mind this is before the current civil case in courts verdict. If that comes out against him they already said they will adjust his suspension so that would be the whole year. This is all assuming he can find a GM willing to get swung on by one of his players and I am sure there will be a "fluffy slippers" clause so he doesn't get frostbite on his feet again.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: Josh Allen, Jared Goff, Dwayne Haskins,
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Alvin Kamara, Derrius Guice
WR: Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Juju Smith-Schuster, Tre'Quan Smith, Preston Williams, Robert Woods
TE: Hunter Henry,George Kittle,

2020- 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.10, 3.1
2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 am
But 8 games is the whole 2020 season!
And half of the 2021 season!
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Cohen, Penny, Hines, Bowden
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

The Case for AB's FF Value
1. The suspension, while significant, eliminates the unknown of how long he'd theoretically be unavailable to an NFL team.
2. A Covid-shortened season is actually a plus for his potential interest by real NFL teams. If there's an NFL season at all, you can bet players will be rotating in / out at a high rate throughout the entire season and post-season, however long it is or isn't. This means quality depth to rotate in will get their shot to play.
3. Will only take a few weeks of AB playing to re-establish NFL viability. If he produces even moderately, he'll have value again. Even beyond this year. He doesn't need to play many games to re-establish that he can still do this.
4. Landing spot - if he ends up in Seattle, Baltimore or TB, that very likely means he'll have good support from the team. Meaning he'll very likely get a chance to produce and some Josh-Gordon-like "help" from the team to stay on the straight and narrow.

Then again, his overflowing toxicity and utter inability to keep his mouth shut will probably keep his dream to play again from having a happy ending. :wtf: :shifty: :wtf: :shifty:

User avatar
murphysxm
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 am

He's never going to play another snap in the NFL. There is no way he goes the length of the suspension without doing something stupid that will add to the length and lower his alreay low percieved value. Simply put, what he brings on the the field no longer is worth what he brings off the field.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3843
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm

murphysxm wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 am
He's never going to play another snap in the NFL. There is no way he goes the length of the suspension without doing something stupid that will add to the length and lower his alreay low percieved value. Simply put, what he brings on the the field no longer is worth what he brings off the field.
He's already gone much longer than that without an incident, he hasn't done anything this entire year except some weird tweets and IG posts. He's too talented and too big a difference maker, he's going to get picked up and get a chance.

Yarnith
Starter
Starter
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Yarnith » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm
murphysxm wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 am
He's never going to play another snap in the NFL. There is no way he goes the length of the suspension without doing something stupid that will add to the length and lower his alreay low percieved value. Simply put, what he brings on the the field no longer is worth what he brings off the field.
He's already gone much longer than that without an incident, he hasn't done anything this entire year except some weird tweets and IG posts. He's too talented and too big a difference maker, he's going to get picked up and get a chance.
You may be right but have you asked Ray Rice his opinion on that?
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: Josh Allen, Jared Goff, Dwayne Haskins,
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Alvin Kamara, Derrius Guice
WR: Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Juju Smith-Schuster, Tre'Quan Smith, Preston Williams, Robert Woods
TE: Hunter Henry,George Kittle,

2020- 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.10, 3.1
2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3117
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:34 am

Yarnith wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm
murphysxm wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 am
He's never going to play another snap in the NFL. There is no way he goes the length of the suspension without doing something stupid that will add to the length and lower his alreay low percieved value. Simply put, what he brings on the the field no longer is worth what he brings off the field.
He's already gone much longer than that without an incident, he hasn't done anything this entire year except some weird tweets and IG posts. He's too talented and too big a difference maker, he's going to get picked up and get a chance.
You may be right but have you asked Ray Rice his opinion on that?
Ray Rice looked terrible on the field before he did what he did.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3843
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 am

Yarnith wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm
murphysxm wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 am
He's never going to play another snap in the NFL. There is no way he goes the length of the suspension without doing something stupid that will add to the length and lower his alreay low percieved value. Simply put, what he brings on the the field no longer is worth what he brings off the field.
He's already gone much longer than that without an incident, he hasn't done anything this entire year except some weird tweets and IG posts. He's too talented and too big a difference maker, he's going to get picked up and get a chance.
You may be right but have you asked Ray Rice his opinion on that?
Antonio Brown is a Hall of Famer, with an argument for statistically the greatest player ever at his position on a yearly average. Ray Rice was a quality player, Pro Bowl level at times, but was nearing the age where players tend to have a massive drop off at his position (he already seemed to be by that point), and had probably the most damning video evidence anyone has ever had against them. Bringing him on would have been a PR nightmare on top of getting a player who would be nearing production issues and plays an easily replaceable position.

Antonio Brown and Ray Rice are not at all comparable. There was basically no potential reward to bringing on Rice, whereas the reward will far outweigh the risk for any team because he's not going to get any big guarantees or longevity, so if he's an issue they can just cut him.

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 15059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:30 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:34 am
Yarnith wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm


He's already gone much longer than that without an incident, he hasn't done anything this entire year except some weird tweets and IG posts. He's too talented and too big a difference maker, he's going to get picked up and get a chance.
You may be right but have you asked Ray Rice his opinion on that?
Ray Rice looked terrible on the field before he did what he did.
Not the same situation, either. The video of what Rice did was going to be such a PR nightmare for a RB past his prime, it wasn't worth it. There is no video AB has out there with that stink on it.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FantasyFreak, StripesOfKC and 5 guests