Unvaccinated Player List

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Unvaccinated Player List

Postby Yarnith » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 am

The vaccine lasts, at best 6months. The vaccine does not change the incubation period if someone has it. The vaccine does not prevent the spread of the disease only slows it. The idea that someone vaccinated with the disease can be tested twice in 25 hours after having the disease and be consider all clear while someone unvaccinated has to wait 10 days is nonsensical. The Idea someone in close contact with someone with the disease can simply ignore the contact is also nonsensical. Its not how disease works.

I am not antivacc but its no magic bullet that means you can walk around next to covid positive people without protecting yourself. It also doesn't mean you can sit by someone with covid and then go hangout with someone else without a care.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 am The vaccine lasts, at best 6months. The vaccine does not change the incubation period if someone has it. The vaccine does not prevent the spread of the disease only slows it. The idea that someone vaccinated with the disease can be tested twice in 25 hours after having the disease and be consider all clear while someone unvaccinated has to wait 10 days is nonsensical. The Idea someone in close contact with someone with the disease can simply ignore the contact is also nonsensical. Its not how disease works.

I am not antivacc but its no magic bullet that means you can walk around next to covid positive people without protecting yourself. It also doesn't mean you can sit by someone with covid and then go hangout with someone else without a care.
What is confusing to me, is somebody earlier stated that Martin was vaccinated, yet he was immediately ruled out. Something seems off there. I totally agree with the idea that it's nonsensical, as they are still able to spread the virus, and that was what was more confusing about the earlier Martin post. IF he was vaccinated, he would have a shot to play again, if he tested negative twice in a 24 hour period. So there are differences between vaxxed and unvaxxed players in that regard.

Here is a breakdown for whoever is interested

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/9/6 ... ed-players
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 am The vaccine lasts, at best 6months. The vaccine does not change the incubation period if someone has it. The vaccine does not prevent the spread of the disease only slows it. The idea that someone vaccinated with the disease can be tested twice in 25 hours after having the disease and be consider all clear while someone unvaccinated has to wait 10 days is nonsensical. The Idea someone in close contact with someone with the disease can simply ignore the contact is also nonsensical. Its not how disease works.

And this is exactly why i think we need to start being taught how to live with the virus since the vaccines are not a magic bullet. Provide cheap or free at home tests for people that they can take when feeling sick or if they just want to take to feel better about going somewhere and seeing others. Invest in ventilation, things doctors have been saying this whole time. Instead we have been told for over a year the vaccines will end it all, and while they are very effective against hospitalization and death they are not the end and should not be treated that way. Its time we adapt.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 am

What is confusing to me, is somebody earlier stated that Martin was vaccinated, yet he was immediately ruled out. Something seems off there. I totally agree with the idea that it's nonsensical, as they are still able to spread the virus, and that was what was more confusing about the earlier Martin post. IF he was vaccinated, he would have a shot to play again, if he tested negative twice in a 24 hour period. So there are differences between vaxxed and unvaxxed players in that regard.

Martin is vaccinated so if he somehow does have two negative tests he could play. Highly doubt it since it sounds like he actually has Covid and the symptoms.

It is a real long shot to play this week as it takes time to heal.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:55 am

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:53 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 am

Martin is vaccinated so if he somehow does have two negative tests he could play. Highly doubt it since it sounds like he actually has Covid and the symptoms.

It is a real long shot to play this week as it takes time to heal.
Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 am

And this is exactly why i think we need to start being taught how to live with the virus since the vaccines are not a magic bullet. Provide cheap or free at home tests for people that they can take when feeling sick or if they just want to take to feel better about going somewhere and seeing others. Invest in ventilation, things doctors have been saying this whole time. Instead we have been told for over a year the vaccines will end it all, and while they are very effective against hospitalization and death they are not the end and should not be treated that way. Its time we adapt.
Based on the Millions that were at college games this past weekend unmasked and screaming their collective heads off in joy and pain, I would say America looks to be adapting and pretty much is getting over the fear lifestyle we have been forced to live for too long.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:44 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:39 am So what are we gonna do then? Test players for covid forever? Even if you are vaccinated? Covid is with us forever, its endemic, its how itll be. And football may just be unlucky enough to coincide with peak Covid seasonality, we arent 100 percent sure on that yet but it seems that way. I only see two ways out of this situation since i feel a vaccinated player should not miss any games. The player got the vaccine, the player did their part, its time to move on with life and let them play. So its Either not let players be in the league if they arent vaccinated (i dont like this option but if we are going for unrealistic Zero Covid in the NFL i guess this is the way to do it.) or pretty simple, stop testing vaccinated players. Once again Covid will be here forever, we tried to eradicate it, we failed for many reasons, its time we accept that and learn to live with the virus, and part of that is to stop testing vaccinated players. And yes i understand breakthroughs happen with Delta more often than other variants but again this is just a risk we are all going to have to adapt to and be willing to take at this point. Can anyone think of other ways to control this in the league besides the two options i just came up? If you can please tell me because i have no idea.

Let me end my rant by saying this, im not here to start a fight either, i understand how serious covid can be, its a horrible illness. Im vaxxed up and i made sure my wife who was a little hesitant got vaxxed up. With all of this said we need to really just move on, Covid is here forever and we just need to be taught to live with it unfortunately instead of being taught to hide from it. Hiding from it made a lot of sense pre vaccined, now it does not. Having a vaxxed NFL player missing the first game of the season and having other vaxxed players miss games down the road is not going to help inspire Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or any unvaccinated players you can think of to get vaccinated. THey are going to say to themselves, "So wait im doing this and i may still miss games? Whats the point?"
They will continue testing until the vast majority of the US is vaccinated including children.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:40 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:44 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:39 am So what are we gonna do then? Test players for covid forever? Even if you are vaccinated? Covid is with us forever, its endemic, its how itll be. And football may just be unlucky enough to coincide with peak Covid seasonality, we arent 100 percent sure on that yet but it seems that way. I only see two ways out of this situation since i feel a vaccinated player should not miss any games. The player got the vaccine, the player did their part, its time to move on with life and let them play. So its Either not let players be in the league if they arent vaccinated (i dont like this option but if we are going for unrealistic Zero Covid in the NFL i guess this is the way to do it.) or pretty simple, stop testing vaccinated players. Once again Covid will be here forever, we tried to eradicate it, we failed for many reasons, its time we accept that and learn to live with the virus, and part of that is to stop testing vaccinated players. And yes i understand breakthroughs happen with Delta more often than other variants but again this is just a risk we are all going to have to adapt to and be willing to take at this point. Can anyone think of other ways to control this in the league besides the two options i just came up? If you can please tell me because i have no idea.

Let me end my rant by saying this, im not here to start a fight either, i understand how serious covid can be, its a horrible illness. Im vaxxed up and i made sure my wife who was a little hesitant got vaxxed up. With all of this said we need to really just move on, Covid is here forever and we just need to be taught to live with it unfortunately instead of being taught to hide from it. Hiding from it made a lot of sense pre vaccined, now it does not. Having a vaxxed NFL player missing the first game of the season and having other vaxxed players miss games down the road is not going to help inspire Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or any unvaccinated players you can think of to get vaccinated. THey are going to say to themselves, "So wait im doing this and i may still miss games? Whats the point?"
They will continue testing until the vast majority of the US is vaccinated including children.
You may be right but then again;

Clinical trials under 12 are only beginning. It will be a long time before any vaccine is available for 6 months to twelve years.

Just getting parents to subject their babies to a clinical trial is going to be difficult given such low bad outcomes when a child gets Covid.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:40 pm
abloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:44 am

You may be right but then again;

Clinical trials under 12 are only beginning. It will be a long time before any vaccine is available for 6 months to twelve years.

Just getting parents to subject their babies to a clinical trial is going to be difficult given such low bad outcomes when a child gets Covid.
I believe you are mistaken about several things
(1) clinical trials for under 12 have been running for a while now and data will be available by the end of the year. They have not "just begun"

(2) under 5 have also already begun

(3) getting parents to enroll has actually not been a problem

(4) the delta variant is more severe than previous variants and there are much higher rates of bad outcomes in children than before.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:12 pm

Just begun is a relative term I guess but the timing is not that close. It will be years most likely not months.

I am working with multiple companies globally that are just beginning trials. I can't go into too much detail but I will say trials run in 4 distinct phases and no one is very close on the pediatric front just yet. Moderna has some information published but the phase two/three completion last I checked was in 2023 at that's if there are no set backs. They will still have to expand that study which most likely means 2024. BTW 2024 would be very fast in the grand scheme given the process is normally in the 10-15 year range.

What we collectively did with the vaccine is absolutely amazing for adults but vaccines for children are a very different animal all together.

Obviously, everyone hopes for the fastest outcomes possible but it is really hard as companies go really slow with pediatrics; at least the big companies in the USA and Europe as clinical research is very highly regulated especially since potential side effects in children won't be known for years.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:17 pm

I hadn't seen it come up on my usual feeds, but according to Rotoballer - Dalvin Cook remains unvaccinated.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/ ... ers/927931

This Vikings team is going to be a headache.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:12 pm Just begun is a relative term I guess but the timing is not that close. It will be years most likely not months.

I am working with multiple companies globally that are just beginning trials. I can't go into too much detail but I will say trials run in 4 distinct phases and no one is very close on the pediatric front just yet. Moderna has some information published but the phase two/three completion last I checked was in 2023 at that's if there are no set backs. They will still have to expand that study which most likely means 2024. BTW 2024 would be very fast in the grand scheme given the process is normally in the 10-15 year range.

What we collectively did with the vaccine is absolutely amazing for adults but vaccines for children are a very different animal all together.

Obviously, everyone hopes for the fastest outcomes possible but it is really hard as companies go really slow with pediatrics; at least the big companies in the USA and Europe as clinical research is very highly regulated especially since potential side effects in children won't be known for years.

Your timelines appear to be wrong unless you are talking about formal full authorization and not emergency use authorization. Pfizer intends on trying to submit end of September (as of 5 days ago) for 5-12 and end of year for 6mo to 2 years.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:22 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:12 pm Just begun is a relative term I guess but the timing is not that close. It will be years most likely not months.

Your timelines appear to be wrong unless you are talking about formal full authorization and not emergency use authorization. Pfizer intends on trying to submit end of September (as of 5 days ago) for 5-12 and end of year for 6mo to 2 years.
Lets focus on players and not wander down the vacc rabbit hole.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm

Not trying to argue. Trying to submit means nothing to me. Time will tell; I will just leave it at that but here is a link if someone wishes to enroll their child in this 2 year Pfizer study.

https://www.covidvaccinestudy.com/pediatric-study
Last edited by Ice on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:39 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm Not trying to argue. Trying to submit means nothing to me. Time will tell; I will just leave it at that but here is a link if someone wishes to enroll their child in this 2 year study.

https://www.covidvaccinestudy.com/pediatric-study
Correct they are still enrolling more patients and they will be tracking them for a while, that does not however mean that they will only be able to apply for authorization at the end of the 2 years. Just like they are still tracking the adults enrolled in the first trials.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan