Unvaccinated Player List

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Unvaccinated Player List

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:50 am

M-Dub wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:12 pm I think at this point, regardless of where anyone stands personally on vaccinations, it seems pretty apparent that being unvaccinated is a liability for fantasy football purposes.

I guess we can add Crowder to the list?
Last year we had a COVID IR where you could stash players who were held out due to infection/contract tracing. You could then add another player to fill their slot, and make a drop when the IR'd player was ready to return. It was decided that we wouldn't go into the season with the IR, but I won't be surprised if we end up bringing it back at some point.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 am

I need some clarification. Ceedee Lamb is vaccinated, Ceedee Lamb was put on the list. If he testes positive on a Friday or Saturday he would still have to miss Sundays game, correct?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:10 am

Vaccinated Lenny .. Bucs reporting 100% Vaccinated..
@PlankMelody

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:22 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 am I need some clarification. Ceedee Lamb is vaccinated, Ceedee Lamb was put on the list. If he testes positive on a Friday or Saturday he would still have to miss Sundays game, correct?
From what I understand if a player that is vaccinated is close contact quaranteened, as long as they test negative and exhibit no symptoms, they can play. However, I feel like the line has changed a lot, so I could be off.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:22 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 am I need some clarification. Ceedee Lamb is vaccinated, Ceedee Lamb was put on the list. If he testes positive on a Friday or Saturday he would still have to miss Sundays game, correct?
From what I understand if a player that is vaccinated is close contact quaranteened, as long as they test negative and exhibit no symptoms, they can play. However, I feel like the line has changed a lot, so I could be off.
Ya i think they are going to change things and make vaccinated players sit if they test positive so that changes things. Im vaxxed and everything but Delta obviously still infects vaxxed people, so i mean if vaxxed still have to sit out how long are we going to have this discussion and knock players value down over vaxxed or unvaxxed?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:17 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:38 am Thread should be able to stay on topic. Opinions aside, this is to address the risks that come with owning unvaccinated players due to the differing rules on close contacts equalling games missed. Let's just keep discussion to those parameters.

As far as I know, Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, and Ryan Tannenhill are the only confirmed vaccinated starting QBs

Dak, Lamar, Cousins, Josh Allen definitely not. Brady and Rodgers dodge the question so likely not
Both the Falcons and Bucs are reported to have 100% vaccination, both players and staff. That puts Ryan and Brady in the vax group. Brady reportedly had Covid in February.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:17 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:38 am Thread should be able to stay on topic. Opinions aside, this is to address the risks that come with owning unvaccinated players due to the differing rules on close contacts equalling games missed. Let's just keep discussion to those parameters.

As far as I know, Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, and Ryan Tannenhill are the only confirmed vaccinated starting QBs

Dak, Lamar, Cousins, Josh Allen definitely not. Brady and Rodgers dodge the question so likely not
Both the Falcons and Bucs are reported to have 100% vaccination, both players and staff. That puts Ryan and Brady in the vax group. Brady reportedly had Covid in February.
Brady got some vaccine from a sherpa made out of Himalayan air. He did not get the pfizer or moderna jab and no one can tell me different :lol: :lol:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:01 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 am
Brady got some vaccine from a sherpa made out of Himalayan air. He did not get the pfizer or moderna jab and no one can tell me different :lol: :lol:
The one time in Brady's adult public life he let loose and had some fun (SB parade) he gets Covid. That man will never drink again.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:52 am

Zach Martin tests positive, will miss opener vs Bucs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:53 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:01 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 am
The one time in Brady's adult public life he let loose and had some fun (SB parade) he gets Covid. That man will never drink again.......
Unless it's non-alcoholic, organic avocado ale.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:52 am Zach Martin tests positive, will miss opener vs Bucs.
Martin was vaccinated

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:37 am

KingsKing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:36 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:52 am Zach Martin tests positive, will miss opener vs Bucs.
Martin was vaccinated
OK, I just wasn't sure whether it qualified for the injury thread. I should have stated I wasn't sure if he was or not. My bad.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:30 am

The NFL is just so stupid. This Martin news really makes this vaccinated vs unvaccinated topic moot. If vaxxed players still have to sit there is almost no point in bumping the unvaxxed players down. Martin did everything right according to the NFL policy and his team is still getting punished. Listen im pro vax but this is ridiculous at this point, and i hope we all know its done for PR purposes not because the NFL actually cares about any of this.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:30 am The NFL is just so stupid. This Martin news really makes this vaccinated vs unvaccinated topic moot. If vaxxed players still have to sit there is almost no point in bumping the unvaxxed players down. Martin did everything right according to the NFL policy and his team is still getting punished. Listen im pro vax but this is ridiculous at this point, and i hope we all know its done for PR purposes not because the NFL actually cares about any of this.
Maybe I am misunderstanding your point, but if you have COVID, you have COVID. If someone is positive, they should be treated as such, regardless if they have the vaccine. It's about stopping it from spreading. How are the Cowboys getting punished, maybe I missed something? If you are talking about not having Martin available, it makes perfect sense, if there was some other punishment I am unaware of, maybe you could point that out to me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:11 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:30 am The NFL is just so stupid. This Martin news really makes this vaccinated vs unvaccinated topic moot. If vaxxed players still have to sit there is almost no point in bumping the unvaxxed players down. Martin did everything right according to the NFL policy and his team is still getting punished. Listen im pro vax but this is ridiculous at this point, and i hope we all know its done for PR purposes not because the NFL actually cares about any of this.
Maybe I am misunderstanding your point, but if you have COVID, you have COVID. If someone is positive, they should be treated as such, regardless if they have the vaccine. It's about stopping it from spreading. How are the Cowboys getting punished, maybe I missed something? If you are talking about not having Martin available, it makes perfect sense, if there was some other punishment I am unaware of, maybe you could point that out to me.
Was just wondering this myself. If someone has Covid, being vaccinated means nothing.