Unvaccinated Player List

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: Unvaccinated Player List

Postby dustyroads » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:54 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 am The vaccine lasts, at best 6months. The vaccine does not change the incubation period if someone has it. The vaccine does not prevent the spread of the disease only slows it. The idea that someone vaccinated with the disease can be tested twice in 25 hours after having the disease and be consider all clear while someone unvaccinated has to wait 10 days is nonsensical. The Idea someone in close contact with someone with the disease can simply ignore the contact is also nonsensical. Its not how disease works.

I am not antivacc but its no magic bullet that means you can walk around next to covid positive people without protecting yourself. It also doesn't mean you can sit by someone with covid and then go hangout with someone else without a care.
It's because it's become a political agenda. It's not about the science and the health of the players; it's trying to take a hard line against those who are unvaccinated. Because the large majority of people support getting vaccinated; they are more than happy to roll with "the ends justify the means" here. And the NFL wants the positive publicity of being on that wagon, so they will try to punish players not getting vaccinated. We can sit and debate whether this is a good thing/bad thing/or somewhere between; but it's what is happening across the country in work places/businesses/restaurants/entire cities everywhere. The majority of people consider themselves intelligent individuals, however they think that a majority of others in the country/world are dumb; so they are perfectly content allowing these types of strategies to force compliance from all the "dumb ones". So for now, the majority will chant "four legs good, two legs bad", at least until the same strategy is employed by the powers that be with something more divisive then the usefulness vaccines. But one of the downsides of this approach is it will continue just generating misinformation related to covid and vaccinations, and also create mass confusion about what the rules really are, let alone what the science says the rules for health safety should be.

Hopefully it should more or less be a non-issue by next season as the stringent rules currently in place, along with peer pressure from teams/players, and the very real possibility of a ton of lost money, will force most players into getting vaccinated over the course of this season. I would bet it's practically a non-issue for 2022, with the only exception I can think of being if they start mandating booster shots as well.
Last edited by dustyroads on Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:17 pm

It is political no doubt.

I heard yesterday what the purpose of the vaccine was from someone which didn't even remotely include the actual definition of a vaccine.

Then this morning I read an article by ROB MAADDI that claims the NFPLA calls for daily COVID-19 testing for all players.

The push to move the goal posts so to speak actually hurts the perception of the importance of the vaccine in the first place IMO.

Boosters are almost 100% going to be an annual thing for the foreseeable future.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:18 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:17 pm I hadn't seen it come up on my usual feeds, but according to Rotoballer - Dalvin Cook remains unvaccinated.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/ ... ers/927931

This Vikings team is going to be a headache.
Agree. Thanks!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:17 pm It is political no doubt.

I heard yesterday what the purpose of the vaccine was from someone which didn't even remotely include the actual definition of a vaccine.

Then this morning I read an article by ROB MAADDI that claims the NFPLA calls for daily COVID-19 testing for all players.

The push to move the goal posts so to speak actually hurts the perception of the importance of the vaccine in the first place IMO.

Boosters are almost 100% going to be an annual thing for the foreseeable future.
Totally agree. I understand the notion of "average intelligence" insinuates that at least half of all people are average or below, and the desire to get people to do the "right" thing by any means necessary seems like the way to go. But I've always been of the belief the large majority of people lie somewhere in the middle of these kinds of things; and we are confusing the crap out of them with all the constant changes. It's easy to wag a finger at people who are scared/misinformed, but at some point we should try to enable people to make informed decisions by providing factual information and encouraging debate and discourse. Not strong-arming or belittling them. I'm sure it's easier said then done though.

And yeah, while the timeline for the boosters still seems under some medical debate, it no doubt seems like the inevitable future. I just wonder if it will become a mandate for a lot of places like the original vaccine was; and also how the NFL will handle it moving forward.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:47 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:31 pm Totally agree. I understand the notion of "average intelligence" insinuates that at least half of all people are average or below, and the desire to get people to do the "right" thing by any means necessary seems like the way to go. But I've always been of the belief the large majority of people lie somewhere in the middle of these kinds of things; and we are confusing the crap out of them with all the constant changes. It's easy to wag a finger at people who are scared/misinformed, but at some point we should try to enable people to make informed decisions by providing factual information and encouraging debate and discourse. Not strong-arming or belittling them. I'm sure it's easier said then done though.

And yeah, while the timeline for the boosters still seems under some medical debate, it no doubt seems like the inevitable future. I just wonder if it will become a mandate for a lot of places like the original vaccine was; and also how the NFL will handle it moving forward.
I can say factually from personal experience someone vaccinated 8months ago passed away last week from covid. People need to not mess around with this for some agenda.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu