Investing in your future with stocks, bonds, crypto or premium paid fantasy content?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Investing in your future with stocks, bonds, crypto or premium paid fantasy content?

Postby Ski mask ready » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:50 am

What websites are you paying for premium content and is it actually worth the investment?

I have a annual subscriptions for

dynastytradecalculator.com - I don't live and die by the calc, but it helps get ballpark idea where deals are at. I could live without but its cheap I think and its on auto renew so I mostly forget about it.

fantasypros.com - I like reading the articles but most of their stuff is slanted towards redraft, not dynasty which is fine. I often use their ranking system to check values. Wish they had more IDP content.

Interested to know if anyone is paying for pff.com premium content, and find it worth the investment???

Also IDPguru.com is a little old school build, but I've heard IDP ppl say his content is great for IDP leagues. Anyone use this site?

Where are you spending your $ to get good content and advice to build your teams?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Investing in your future with stocks, bonds, crypto or premium paid fantasy content?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 am

I pay for DLF Premium and FantasyPros. I agree that FantasyPros is mostly redraft, but I really like the My Playbook features for each team and each league and league analyzing tools.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Investing in your future with stocks, bonds, crypto or premium paid fantasy content?

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:24 am

I pay $40/year for PlayerProfiler’s rankings. The dynasty rankings help in valuing players. The weekly rankings help in making those “coin flip” lineup decisions (although it always seems like whenever I’m having trouble deciding between two guys, Matt has them adjacent in his rankings too).

This will be the first year that DFS is legal where I live (AZ), so I’ve never even gotten to take advantage of the “lineup genius” that’s included with the rankings package. Can’t vouch for that, but looking forward to trying it.

I’m a big believer in analytics, but I’m not all that interested in doing a bunch of research myself, so the “all-in” package doesn’t really have much value to me. I’ve tried the draft kit in the past and found it to be useful for redraft leagues, but I’ve pretty much eliminated redraft from my life at this point, so the draft kit isn’t really worth it for me either. Plus, the rankings package also includes seasonal rankings. They’re just not in as flashy a package, but those can still come in handy for my salary cap/contract league if I’m looking to only sign a player for a year or two, or if I just want to know what a player’s outlook/projection is for that specific season.

I also spend $5/year on their Dynasty Dominator app, mainly for the trade analyzer.

For others who also pay for premium services/content, I think it’d also be interesting to know how much you spend on your leagues every year. I’m in three dynasty leagues with combined annual dues of $530, so the $45 I spend yearly on premium content represents about 8.5% of what I spend on league dues.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 am

DLF premium and PFF ELITE subscription are my annual ones.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:18 am

DLF subscription primarily for the trade finder and other apps.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:00 pm

I've pretty much ran through all of them at some point .. last to survive was pff elite, but I even stopped that one this year ...

I kind of created my own news feed on Feedly that is just football news for all the teams, included football guys in there, who are pretty good at scouring the web for tidbits of info .. and I have a podcast phone that is just for football podcasts, at least one solid podcast for each team ..

I also have a pretty extensive tweet deck set up for each of the NFL teams, though I haven't been on twitter for awhile, but I have one of the panes for searches, which is cool .. I type in Javon Leake and I get all the Javon tweets for the last few months :P

If there is a website I still use pretty religiously it is Warren Sharp's and its free .. tons of info on there .. He posted these match-up in his HOT section which I found fascinating so recreated it myself on paper when I really want to dig in on match-ups .. Granted this is mostly for DFS ..

Should note the reason I stopped is because I kept finding people and their work that I really enjoyed and they all seem to disappear behind paywalls which gets very tiring for me .....
@PlankMelody