Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:50 am

azthecrow wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 am
millworkguy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 am
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:40 am


We would be screwed as a country but that's a different topic.
Maybe if she was president, the death rate is the states would be closer to the world average of 97 per million rather then the 507 per million it is, and 120,000 Americans would still be alive.
What’s the death rate for abortion which she is in favor of ?
800,000+ voiceless lives every year in the USA alone. People worried about “saving lives” should pay more attention to that.
Maybe if they didn't cut family planning services that would change, but to expect celibacy is foolish imo. The law is clear, imo, and has been since the 70's.

But Rapists should be castrated. And their victims shouldn't be forced to have their children
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

TheNuts
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby TheNuts » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 am

azthecrow wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 am
millworkguy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 am
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:40 am


We would be screwed as a country but that's a different topic.
Maybe if she was president, the death rate is the states would be closer to the world average of 97 per million rather then the 507 per million it is, and 120,000 Americans would still be alive.
What’s the death rate for abortion which she is in favor of ?
800,000+ voiceless lives every year in the USA alone. People worried about “saving lives” should pay more attention to that.
Perfect example. The party that wants to shutter the country to save every life possible also wants abortion to be easily accessible. They want someone to have that freedom of choice to abort a baby, but players can't have the freedom of choice to play football

Yet again no one has any measuring stick besides deaths, which could be greatly exaggerated. Nothing about killing our economy, people on the verge of being evicted, mental health issues, domestic abuse.

Maybe the perception that America has a really unhealthy diet is also catching up with us and proving true? There are a lot of morbidly obese people in this country. Let's shut down so thst they can continue to eat double cheeseburgers for breakfast lunch and dinner
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am

I'm more concerned that the white house is concealing the actual covid numbers since they removed the CDC from reporting them and instructed all information to pass through their doors.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

User avatar
murphysxm
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am

TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 am

The party that wants to shutter the country
Dude, this statement sums up what is wrong in our country right now. Some people are listening to politics to make their choices. Some people are listening to the experts and the scientists to guide their decision making. This isn't red versus blue, this is politics vs science. Politics is winning, so we are losing as a country.

TheNuts
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby TheNuts » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:55 am

murphysxm wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am
TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 am

The party that wants to shutter the country
Dude, this statement sums up what is wrong in our country right now. Some people are listening to politics to make their choices. Some people are listening to the experts and the scientists to guide their decision making. This isn't red versus blue, this is politics vs science. Politics is winning, so we are losing as a country.
There are medical experts who are telling us that shuttering is not the best option. They say our immunity needs to build up for us best to deal with sooner. Those scientists never count to the left. That's why I want freedom of choice. You can choose to isolate. Or you can choose to go about your life
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

User avatar
murphysxm
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am

TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:55 am
murphysxm wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am
TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 am

The party that wants to shutter the country
Dude, this statement sums up what is wrong in our country right now. Some people are listening to politics to make their choices. Some people are listening to the experts and the scientists to guide their decision making. This isn't red versus blue, this is politics vs science. Politics is winning, so we are losing as a country.
There are medical experts who are telling us that shuttering is not the best option. They say our immunity needs to build up for us best to deal with sooner. Those scientists never count to the left. That's why I want freedom of choice. You can choose to isolate. Or you can choose to go about your life
um, that is actally not what they are saying. Herd Immunity is a solution when there is a vaccine. Without one it can be to quote John Hopkins University “But the disastrous situation unfolding at San Quentin State Prison over the last two months has become the latest example of several cautionary tales that show how any effort to achieve herd immunity before a vaccine is available would come with enormous costs in terms of illness and death.”

I am not going to change your mind. However, know that the consensus opinion of the scienctiifc community is against you. Know that you putting your freedom of choice over science will harm other people. My choice to listen to the experts won't impact others negatively.

prinefan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 pm

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby prinefan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:03 pm

murphysxm wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am
TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:55 am
murphysxm wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am


Dude, this statement sums up what is wrong in our country right now. Some people are listening to politics to make their choices. Some people are listening to the experts and the scientists to guide their decision making. This isn't red versus blue, this is politics vs science. Politics is winning, so we are losing as a country.
There are medical experts who are telling us that shuttering is not the best option. They say our immunity needs to build up for us best to deal with sooner. Those scientists never count to the left. That's why I want freedom of choice. You can choose to isolate. Or you can choose to go about your life
um, that is actally not what they are saying. Herd Immunity is a solution when there is a vaccine. Without one it can be to quote John Hopkins University “But the disastrous situation unfolding at San Quentin State Prison over the last two months has become the latest example of several cautionary tales that show how any effort to achieve herd immunity before a vaccine is available would come with enormous costs in terms of illness and death.”

I am not going to change your mind. However, know that the consensus opinion of the scienctiifc community is against you. Know that you putting your freedom of choice over science will harm other people. My choice to listen to the experts won't impact others negatively.
X2. Well said.

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:04 am

Just in case you missed it elsewhere, Syracuse, Florida state and pitt players considering mass opt out, as team plans to play

https://www.tsn.ca/report-syracuse-foot ... -1.1509213

https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... use-orange
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:27 pm

TheNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 am

Perfect example. The party that wants to shutter the country to save every life possible also wants abortion to be easily accessible.
If abortion is a sin, and sex is only for procreation, why dont people protest outside vasectomy clinics?
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:48 pm

This whole thing is, like everything else these days, an example of them creating a problem, and then blaming that problem for the reason another problem can't be fixed. Observe:

Step 1: Shape society such that the number of people who live paycheck to paycheck is similar to that of a 3rd world country so that a select few have the opportunity to become truly exorbitantly wealthy.
Step 2: Pandemic occurs.
Step 3: Say we can't shut down, because these people need to work for a living, despite the fact that your regressive economic politics are the exact reason it's so hard to shut down.

Here's another one:
Step 1: Get in bed with the gun lobby and put an unprecedented number of guns in the streets.
Step 2: Unarmed citizens are murdered by police.
Step 3: Defend the police's right to murder civilians by pointing out how the civilian "may have had a gun" despite the fact that your regressive politics are what put so many guns on the streets and are what makes being a police officer so dangerous.

The selfish part is what's been going on for 40 years now- creating a society where our income inequality is comparable to that of a 3rd world country so that 600 people out of 330 million can be billionaires.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby azthecrow » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm

^ What country are you referring to? Who are them?
Your lies are similar to those who are trying to destroy America.

Anyone can be wealthy in America.

User avatar
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3351
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby M-Dub » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:42 pm

azthecrow wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm
^ What country are you referring to? Who are them?
Your lies are similar to those who are trying to destroy America.

Anyone can be wealthy in America.
Jesus. I feel like I accidentally stumbled into a thread on my crazy uncle’s Facebook page...
All are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

Kylie Quinn Fan Club
QB: Wilson, Big Ben
RB: CMC, Mixon, Lindsay, Hasty, B. Hill, Ozigbo
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Woods, Keenan, Crowder, Fulgham, Sammy, Tre’Quan
TE: Ertz, Irv Smith, L. Thomas
Taxi: Tua, McFarland, Joe Reed, Hurts

Put The Coke On My Dak
QB: Dak, Ryan, Baker
RB: CMC, Sanders, Mixon, Dobbins, Duke, Hasty
WR: Julio, Viska, Kirk, G. Tate, Tre’Quan, Isabella, Gage, Patrick
TE: Kelce, Olsen, Njoku, OJH
Taxi: Duvernay, Hurts, Cephus

Mushroom Festival in Helaire
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Stafford $8/1, Big Ben $11/1, Herbert, $3/5
RB: CEH $26/5, Vaughn $9/4, Edwards $1/1
WR: Godwin $50/3, Hilton $43/1, Fuller $14/1, Crowder $21/1, Sanders $20/1, G. Tate $10/1, Mims $6/5, Edwards $3/5, Hamler $2/3, Patrick $1/1
TE: Hock $20/4, Trautman $2/5, L. Thomas $1/1, Jarwin $9/2

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 am

azthecrow wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm
^ What country are you referring to? Who are them?
Your lies are similar to those who are trying to destroy America.

Anyone can be wealthy in America.
Lol, lol

Sure anyone could become wealthy, but with some states having a minimum wage that allows employers to pay full time employees as little as $206 a week (before taxes) and keeping your own staff below the poverty line, is very much a 3rd world condition.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Ray Finkle
Captain
Captain
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:41 am

millworkguy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 am
azthecrow wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm
^ What country are you referring to? Who are them?
Your lies are similar to those who are trying to destroy America.

Anyone can be wealthy in America.
Lol, lol

Sure anyone could become wealthy, but with some states having a minimum wage that allows employers to pay full time employees as little as $206 a week (before taxes) and keeping your own staff below the poverty line, is very much a 3rd world condition.
Imagine if there were no minimum wage. It would be real bad.

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: Why canceling sports seasons is the most selfish thing to do

Postby millworkguy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:24 am

Ray Finkle wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:41 am
millworkguy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 am
azthecrow wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm
^ What country are you referring to? Who are them?
Your lies are similar to those who are trying to destroy America.

Anyone can be wealthy in America.
Lol, lol

Sure anyone could become wealthy, but with some states having a minimum wage that allows employers to pay full time employees as little as $206 a week (before taxes) and keeping your own staff below the poverty line, is very much a 3rd world condition.
Imagine if there were no minimum wage. It would be real bad.
Imagine a livable minimum wage, it would make life more affordable for tens of millions.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest