Dre Brees/MT

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Dre Brees/MT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 pm

So how do people feel about this, and the recent flag comments?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Dre Brees/MT

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:21 pm

People taking offense to other people taking offense.

As far as Brees and MT’s relationship...I can’t imagine it’s much to worry about. I’m guessing there are plenty of lifestyles, opinions and viewpoints coexisting in every locker room.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:13 pm

One thing that I think enlightened people can do better is to stop equating ignorance with hatred. I’m personally guilty of this, and I wish I was better at it. A good example used to be when every 6 months it seemed like a new player would get baited by a reporter into saying something vaguely homophobic when asked about having a gay teammate. I’m not sure what those guys actually felt about gay people, but it seemed pretty clear that they just didn’t know any (out) gay people. Publicly shaming these people (who had wildly, spectacularly bad/wrong opinions about homosexuality) didn’t seem super helpful. These guys just needed to learn; hateful or not, they were clearly ignorant.

Drew Brees has been around black people for 20+ years. He’s had multiple teammates who were intimately involved in these protests. When he frames the protests as being about the military, when that’s never had anything to do with it, it makes me think he either has never bothered to have a conversation with his teammates about this, that he did and he just didn’t listen, or that he deliberately misrepresented their position for some other reason. It’s hard for me to say that Drew Brees is just ignorant, given that he’s had literally unfettered access to conversations with people of color for 20+ years. He’s not your suburban uncle who’s met two black people and doesn’t understand why it’s messed up to reply “All Lives Matter”. That’s why I think his comments were serious, and that’s why I don’t think this is going to just disappear.

Also, me siding with Michael Thomas in a dispute is this year’s 254th sign of the apocalypse. Go get more toilet paper.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:57 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:13 pm One thing that I think enlightened people can do better is to stop equating ignorance with hatred. I’m personally guilty of this, and I wish I was better at it. A good example used to be when every 6 months it seemed like a new player would get baited by a reporter into saying something vaguely homophobic when asked about having a gay teammate. I’m not sure what those guys actually felt about gay people, but it seemed pretty clear that they just didn’t know any (out) gay people. Publicly shaming these people (who had wildly, spectacularly bad/wrong opinions about homosexuality) didn’t seem super helpful. These guys just needed to learn; hateful or not, they were clearly ignorant.

Drew Brees has been around black people for 20+ years. He’s had multiple teammates who were intimately involved in these protests. When he frames the protests as being about the military, when that’s never had anything to do with it, it makes me think he either has never bothered to have a conversation with his teammates about this, that he did and he just didn’t listen, or that he deliberately misrepresented their position for some other reason. It’s hard for me to say that Drew Brees is just ignorant, given that he’s had literally unfettered access to conversations with people of color for 20+ years. He’s not your suburban uncle who’s met two black people and doesn’t understand why it’s messed up to reply “All Lives Matter”. That’s why I think his comments were serious, and that’s why I don’t think this is going to just disappear.

Also, me siding with Michael Thomas in a dispute is this year’s 254th sign of the apocalypse. Go get more toilet paper.
All of this... Imo if Brees doesn't clarify or publicly come out with some kind of statement, there is no way this blows over. He's missing the point entirely and his verbal support of the protests is meaningless as he's stealing the intent to fit his narrative and bias.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Drew Brees was asked his opinion and he gave it. He should not have apologized. He is not ignorant, nor is he racist. He does not expect others to fall in line with his opinion unlike the bullies who are attacking him.
As for the team I think (hope) this will all blow over by the time the season starts.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Guess what I like to be enlighten On Is if this has nothing at all to do with disrespect then why even do it during then national anthem ? Do it at another point in the game half time . End of game first minute of play so as not to confuse or tread on the men and women Who died o give you this right to protest ? I do believe the tv is on at those times in the game as well still have the platform and no confusion is caused or interrupted. These days and times if one has a belief and it’s not in line with others beliefs then word racist is thrown out I suppose the right to free speech only works for one group now a days ?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP