CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Small town in Iowa here...cops show up at a local cafe and said they had to shut things down. There wasn't even an announcement by any government official.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:12 pm Small town in Iowa here...cops show up at a local cafe and said they had to shut things down. There wasn't even an announcement by any government official.
Maybe the governor announced it? They did that here in Illinois. Governor Pritzker.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:28 pm

I live in a very busy and populated town outside of Sacramento, and people here arent giving a crap. I saw multiple elderly people going in and out of a popular restaurant today while driving by. Sucks there are still so many people who are just ignoring all the warnings.

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:58 am

I work as a retail vendor and can tell you people are not social distancing like they should. Walmarts and grocery stores are still packed and I have the pleasure of going to at least 4 or 5 of them everyday. People are stocking up on bleep like the governments about to collapse. Not like there might be at 2 week quarantine.
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:19 am

Sfoster2625 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:58 am I work as a retail vendor and can tell you people are not social distancing like they should. Walmarts and grocery stores are still packed and I have the pleasure of going to at least 4 or 5 of them everyday. People are stocking up on bleep like the governments about to collapse. Not like there might be at 2 week quarantine.
We are failing at social distancing. We’re heading for national lockdown/shelter in place, and it’s going to come a week too late.

Stay safe everybody.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am

It’s up to individuals to stay socially distant. Unless one doesn’t own or hasn’t seen a TV/laptop/smartphone/radio/newspaper, etc...they should already be following all of the recommendations that are in place. If one doesn’t own one of those devices then they are most likely very distant somewhere already. If anyone is relying on our government to tell them what to do at this point you have to wonder where they have been for the last few weeks.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Kids are partying in Florida, careless, and now it's shut down. Business up and down Illinois have stayed open saying, "Screw you Governor, you can't tell me what to do," so now they will be forced shut. Saw trains with Humvees going into Chicago, since obviously people are idiots and can't do the right thing, and a police/military force may be needed. Last I heard, there were still 5-7 states that weren't doing ANYTHING. So it'll have to be nationally dictated. I think it's going to be worse than Italy, TBH. Morons everywhere.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm Kids are partying in Florida, careless, and now it's shut down. Business up and down Illinois have stayed open saying, "Screw you Governor, you can't tell me what to do," so now they will be forced shut. Saw trains with Humvees going into Chicago, since obviously people are idiots and can't do the right thing, and a police/military force may be needed. Last I heard, there were still 5-7 states that weren't doing ANYTHING. So it'll have to be nationally dictated. I think it's going to be worse than Italy, TBH. Morons everywhere.
Agreed. We’re going to be worse than Italy. Worse than China.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:59 pm

What's the phrase there, live free or die?

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:54 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm Kids are partying in Florida, careless, and now it's shut down. Business up and down Illinois have stayed open saying, "Screw you Governor, you can't tell me what to do," so now they will be forced shut. Saw trains with Humvees going into Chicago, since obviously people are idiots and can't do the right thing, and a police/military force may be needed. Last I heard, there were still 5-7 states that weren't doing ANYTHING. So it'll have to be nationally dictated. I think it's going to be worse than Italy, TBH. Morons everywhere.
Agreed. We’re going to be worse than Italy. Worse than China.
Agree! The US is 4-6 weeks behind Italy and many Americans are mocking the state gov'ts who are taking action because the federal gov't is incapable of mobilizing. Meanwhile the Utah Jazz all get tested for COVID-19, while nurses and doctors can't even get tested.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Governor and Director of Health Ohio closed all non-essential businesses (deemed by DHS) until April 6th.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm

If it’s going to be worse than Italy, time to short the market and at least make money off of the deal.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 am

M-Dub wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm The Corona flu is being over reacted to everywhere and it's really a shame...
This has got to be some sort of record. Has a post on here ever aged so badly in just one day?
Johnny B. Bad
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm If it’s going to be worse than Italy, time to short the market and at least make money off of the deal.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:59 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 pm
Vcize wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:14 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:32 pm

So we have a non-medical professional disagreeing with medical professionals about a medical issue. Pretty much sums up the entire mass hysteria and fear mongering the media has done to this country. The media drives our country more than we care to admit. We are literally a bunch of sheep blindly following the sheep in front of us.
I am a doctor. Almost everyone I know are doctors or nurses. Johnny and Orenthal's medical professional credentials must be janitors in a hospital or something because what they are posting here absolutely does not represent how the medical field feels about this in even the slightest bit.

No one with any medical knowledge is dumb enough to compare this thing to the flu. It has nothing to do with the flu. It's a horrible and dangerous false equivalency that is only repeated by the ignorant. It's comparing apples to suspension bridges.

you can call me Dr. Johnny. At least that's the prefix on all of my business cards, email signatures, and what my patients call me...

This is all blown way put of proportion... its ridiculous

What is happening in China and Italy is not even the same stratosphere as the US health systems capacity and our governments support to fight this.

That and it seems a viable treatment is already being ramped up make fears in the US a complete waste of time
So I followed the link from the "Dynasty League Discussion" and it took me right to this post.

It must be some sort of record for the Guinness books. Doubt that any series of posts in the history of social media have ever aged so poorly so quickly.

ETA: not Vcize's post which seems to be almost spot on. Hope you're staying well, doc.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.