CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Postby M-Dub » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm The Corona flu is being over reacted to everywhere and it's really a shame...
This has got to be some sort of record. Has a post on here ever aged so badly in just one day?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am

Not a doctor, but I am a firefighter - paramedic for one of the largest departments in California, so while I may lack the medical knowledge of some the other posters here, I do have a bit of insight on how we are dealing with this "on the front lines" if you will, and honestly it is not exactly inspiring confidence in me or my colleagues.

There are a few issues that were immediately apparent to all of us, the biggest one being that as of yet there are exactly zero known protocols for what we are to do if any of us were to show symptoms or test positive (assuming testing ramps up significantly) at work.

Quarantine in place at station maybe? That would shut down the 911 system in our district and put peopleat risk. At the nearest hospital or military base? We are severely understaffed as is, so do we bring in staffing from other cities? Shut down stations? Maybe screen 911 calls a lot more rigorously to bring down call volume?

Just like ER docs we deal with a ton of different people of varying decree of illness and shall we say bodily cleanliness, so it is not too far fetched to assume first responders will be affected sooner rather than later. Once that happens, well, my crew and I eat, sleep, train and hang out at very unsanitary scenes together on a daily basis, and are more often than not forced to work overtime at different stations once our regular shift is over. Meaning if one of us shows symptoms and is to be quarantined with his or her crew, you can almost guarantee that a large portion of the department will have already been exposed to the virus within the past few days from that one person alone.

Add to that all the nursing homes and homeless shelters we frequent daily and the most "at risk" populations we are in contact with, and you can see why all of this is being taken very seriously amongst first responders.

Having said all that, the preparation levels and assistance from higher government authorities that I have come across have been absolutely laughable at this point. I took a picture of the "additional coronavirus equipment" all of our engines and trucks received yesterday because I couldn't believe it. 2 x N95 masks (for patients with symptoms) extra paper towels and a bottle of disinfectant spray. That's it.

So very long story short, no, I am definitely not concerned about my health or that of my partner, but I DO very much fear for the well being of many of my patients and also the lack of organization and communication I am witnessing so far from the highest points on down.

If people seriously believe that the situation in Italy is something that can't happen over here, well, my experience tells me otherwise...

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:39 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am Not a doctor, but I am a firefighter - paramedic for one of the largest departments in California, so while I may lack the medical knowledge of some the other posters here, I do have a bit of insight on how we are dealing with this "on the front lines" if you will, and honestly it is not exactly inspiring confidence in me or my colleagues.

There are a few issues that were immediately apparent to all of us, the biggest one being that as of yet there are exactly zero known protocols for what we are to do if any of us were to show symptoms or test positive (assuming testing ramps up significantly) at work.

Quarantine in place at station maybe? That would shut down the 911 system in our district and put peopleat risk. At the nearest hospital or military base? We are severely understaffed as is, so do we bring in staffing from other cities? Shut down stations? Maybe screen 911 calls a lot more rigorously to bring down call volume?

Just like ER docs we deal with a ton of different people of varying decree of illness and shall we say bodily cleanliness, so it is not too far fetched to assume first responders will be affected sooner rather than later. Once that happens, well, my crew and I eat, sleep, train and hang out at very unsanitary scenes together on a daily basis, and are more often than not forced to work overtime at different stations once our regular shift is over. Meaning if one of us shows symptoms and is to be quarantined with his or her crew, you can almost guarantee that a large portion of the department will have already been exposed to the virus within the past few days from that one person alone.

Add to that all the nursing homes and homeless shelters we frequent daily and the most "at risk" populations we are in contact with, and you can see why all of this is being taken very seriously amongst first responders.

Having said all that, the preparation levels and assistance from higher government authorities that I have come across have been absolutely laughable at this point. I took a picture of the "additional coronavirus equipment" all of our engines and trucks received yesterday because I couldn't believe it. 2 x N95 masks (for patients with symptoms) extra paper towels and a bottle of disinfectant spray. That's it.

So very long story short, no, I am definitely not concerned about my health or that of my partner, but I DO very much fear for the well being of many of my patients and also the lack of organization and communication I am witnessing so far from the highest points on down.

If people seriously believe that the situation in Italy is something that can't happen over here, well, my experience tells me otherwise...
Well said brother. Stay safe.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:07 am

Thanks Dad!
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:14 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:39 am
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am Not a doctor, but I am a firefighter - paramedic for one of the largest departments in California, so while I may lack the medical knowledge of some the other posters here, I do have a bit of insight on how we are dealing with this "on the front lines" if you will, and honestly it is not exactly inspiring confidence in me or my colleagues.

x2. To all of us in healthcare, emergency services, and any other profession on the front lines 💪
16 team league

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:31 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:14 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:39 am

x2. To all of us in healthcare, emergency services, and any other profession on the front lines 💪
X3. If we could just get people that have been in quarantine to stay quarantined and for people with pending testing to not get on airplanes, that would be a big step (like the jet blue story in the news or the lady in my city that ran by the grocery store on the way to the ED)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby ascherb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:57 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:32 pm Posts that are not on topic will be transferred to the Off-topic thread about corona virus.
Lol, yes wouldn't want this meaningless, silly little pandemic to ruin this thread about... oh wait.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:33 am

I'm glad there are a few smart people on these forums. I was beginning to lose hope when I first started reading this thread.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for the support gents, stay safe whatever you do for work as well. Also don't want to say I called it, but - sadly - here we go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcbay ... 159/%3famp

Went from 1 firefighter confirmed to 77 quarantined in less than a day due to the work patterns. At least it sounds like they had a plan in place.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:12 am

Goddard wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:33 am I'm glad there are a few smart people on these forums. I was beginning to lose hope when I first started reading this thread.
x2
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:02 am I'm less concerned with the virus itself than the more far-reaching effects it is going to have.

It's not going away anytime soon, but hopefully at least nationally, this fizzles out as warmer weather approaches like most respiratory viruses.

EDs will be overwhelmed by people with cold symptoms further delaying care to those in actual, emergent need.

Masks and medical equipment being bought up in bulk by the public, putting actual providers and staff at risk of going without.

Travel restrictions negatively effecting business and the economy even more so than we're seeing already.

The fear, panic and lack of reason is most concerning.
This is what I’m worried about. When completely idiotic and irrational people start robbing homes or bringing guns to stores for whatever provision they feel they’ll need for Doomsday Prepping. Stuff like this brings all the religious nuts and manipulative mfs too that take advantage of public fear and panic to create more chaos.

The worst part is that we could not have a more inept leader in place right now. In fact, I think we should start to think/worry more about how Trump will try to weaponize this politically.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:30 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:02 am I'm less concerned with the virus itself than the more far-reaching effects it is going to have.

It's not going away anytime soon, but hopefully at least nationally, this fizzles out as warmer weather approaches like most respiratory viruses.

EDs will be overwhelmed by people with cold symptoms further delaying care to those in actual, emergent need.

Masks and medical equipment being bought up in bulk by the public, putting actual providers and staff at risk of going without.

Travel restrictions negatively effecting business and the economy even more so than we're seeing already.

The fear, panic and lack of reason is most concerning.
This is what I’m worried about. When completely idiotic and irrational people start robbing homes or bringing guns to stores for whatever provision they feel they’ll need for Doomsday Prepping. Stuff like this brings all the religious nuts and manipulative mfs too that take advantage of public fear and panic to create more chaos.

The worst part is that we could not have a more inept leader in place right now. In fact, I think we should start to think/worry more about how Trump will try to weaponize this politically.
Unfortunately, both sides are going to try and weaponize this for political gain instead of working together towards a common goal that is best for The People (and in topics far different than this virus as well)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:10 pm

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that"
- George Carlin
16 team league

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:10 pm "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that"
- George Carlin
Thanks for the good laugh; something we could all use at this time. George Carlin may go down as one of the greatest thinkers of our time.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Be safe out there, you filthy animals.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper