CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: CoVid-19, the NFL Draft and the 2020 NFL Season

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:24 pm

Governor DeWine extended school closures until May 1st here in Ohio.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Small update from the West Coast.

We've actually been doing ok in Southern California, given the circumstances, but I have to say - my mind is completely blown on just how underprepared we really are/were.

As I said, we haven't even been hit that hard yet, and still... us firemedics (and ambulance medics, nurses and docs at the ERs) are reusing our N100 masks, googles and sometimes gowns even after possible exposure just because there aren't any to go around.

If contact is made with a confirmed Covid19 positive patient we get tested only IF we have symptoms, because somehow testing is still not available en masse. We have a ton of new protocols in place, but most of them seem pretty hodge podge as far as stopping the spread (for example, if my partner gets symptoms and tests positive I still don't get sent to testing unless I also have symptoms).

Don't get me wrong, I understand the dilemma - you obviously can't send everyone home just because they dealt with a positive patient (because we wouldn't have enough personnel after a few days), and I don't want to be anywhere else than what I'm doing, but the lack of supplies and testing leaves me a bit flabbergasted. It's April after all.

Anyway, long story short, we are doing more or less well so far - how about all the rest of you guys posting before? You all doing alright?
Hope everyone and their families are safe, especially out East and around New Orleans..

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

President Trump told Roger Goodell the season should start on time👍

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm President Trump told Roger Goodell the season should start on time👍
Yea trump hasn’t been wrong about anything with this virus before. Hope he’s right about this though
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Sfoster2625 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 pm
azthecrow wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm President Trump told Roger Goodell the season should start on time👍
Yea trump hasn’t been wrong about anything with this virus before. Hope he’s right about this though
I think wanting "fans in the stands" is a wild long shot.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Corona virus update.

Postby Meretc01 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:08 am

Small steps.
Trump said he’s not extending the social distancing guidelines for the country and in fact are going to let the state’s (as they have always done) reopen on their own terms..
The article states that “may will a transition month.. June.. everything should be open and then July everything should be rocking again”

I hope to god this is true so we get playoff basketball, the first pitch for baseball, and awful beatwriter reports from training camp.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/us_world ... 80abd.html
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Corona virus update.

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:01 am

That seems very aggressive and I definitely don't see "everything rocking" in July. I think that most governors are being very, very careful about their approach. The Action Network put out an article recently consolidating the most recent updates coming from most major sports. The NFL is making plans (emphasis: making, not implementing) on starting the football season in October, and moving the SB to the end of February (link: https://www.actionnetwork.com/news/upda ... oronavirus).

The NFL also said that until ALL teams are able to run business as usual--which would include training camp, practice, etc--none of the teams will be allowed to conduct business as usual. This means that if 31 of 32 teams' states loosen stay-at-home restrictions, then they are still not going to be able to hold regular meetings and practice.

The legitimate concern is that as infection numbers begin to stabilize, the general public will be too quick to assume it's over, which will result in another spike. Literally every governor in the country is trying to avoid loosening restrictions too early. So while some states may begin to transition in May, I think realistically that's too early of a timeline for us to expect.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:01 am Literally every governor in the country is trying to avoid loosening restrictions too early.
Haaaaaaaaaaave ya met Brian Kemp?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:54 am

The reality is, at some point, things are going to have to re open. It will become a necessity of survival. It's a flu like strain. The world of people can't and won't shut down forever over it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:54 am The reality is, at some point, things are going to have to re open. It will become a necessity of survival. It's a flu like strain. The world of people can't and won't shut down forever over it.
No, we can't shut down forever. But we also can open up and create more spikes of illness & death. We don't know if this is just the first of several peaks. It's possible we have rolling shutdowns and quarantines for a couple years.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:10 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:00 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:54 am The reality is, at some point, things are going to have to re open. It will become a necessity of survival. It's a flu like strain. The world of people can't and won't shut down forever over it.
No, we can't shut down forever. But we also can open up and create more spikes of illness & death. We don't know if this is just the first of several peaks. It's possible we have rolling shutdowns and quarantines for a couple years.
It's possible, but we really won't know. I don't think that the economy will be shut down into the fall the way it is now though, as it stands right now.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 am

I fear the longer we shut down will increase the impact of depression, drugs, crime, etc...on society. We are already seeing/hearing about this. So it is important in my opinion to open up a soon as we can or the economy may never recover. Unfortunately there is no perfect scenario for that, we just have to take that leap (in steps) soon, in my opinion.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am

azthecrow wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 am I fear the longer we shut down will increase the impact of depression, drugs, crime, etc...on society. We are already seeing/hearing about this. So it is important in my opinion to open up a soon as we can or the economy may never recover. Unfortunately there is no perfect scenario for that, we just have to take that leap (in steps) soon, in my opinion.
Agreed.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am

azthecrow wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 am I fear the longer we shut down will increase the impact of depression, drugs, crime, etc...on society. We are already seeing/hearing about this. So it is important in my opinion to open up a soon as we can or the economy may never recover. Unfortunately there is no perfect scenario for that, we just have to take that leap (in steps) soon, in my opinion.
What’s the issue with these things?
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am
Agreed.
I fear we haven't shut down nearly enough (as a whole country) and once we open back up we see another spike and have to repeat the whole process again.