Tyreek Hill Leg Injury

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Tyreek Hill Leg Injury

Postby jimmycricket14 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03 pm
jimmycricket14 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 pm People act like it's still a fact he broke his kids arm when at this point it looks like he most likely did not. Some of the hateful stuff getting spewed against him is really toxic. There is still a chance the man is innocent whether you all like it or not. Why rush to judgement and call for his head when nobody has any idea of what really happened? Just makes you look like an asshat keyboard warrior. You don't have to like him, but you don't need to pollute all of the threads on him for those of us who actually want to talk football.

Um feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite certain he plead guilty in a court of law to punching his 8 month pregnant girlfriend. So yeah I will freely pass judgment and you feel free to defend him
C'mon man. He was just boxing his 3yo son..Totally normal stuff...Who doesn't box their 3yo????..And when told his son said that his father broke his arm his response was, "kids say a lot of things." Definitely the response an innocent man would provide when being informed his 3 yo is claiming physical abuse....And just like any upstanding parent, he wants his young son to be terrified of him, in addition to the child's mother..

Man I am not even trying to defend Hill. Yes, from the recorded conversation he sounds like a POS. However wishing spinal injuries and paralysis on another human being is a bit strong for my tastes. The fact that he got no suspension means there very well might be information we all aren't privy to. Clearly people are already dug in on one side or the other, and that's fine. I don't really blame people who hate him. All I am saying is let's cool it on the bashing on him as a person in every single thread. Seeing as this is a fantasy football forum, I want to get some actual football related commentary when I come to these threads. It's tiring having to sort through pages of people taking shots at him that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. There are already 3-4 other threads full of that. Take it to twitter or another place if you still feel the need to rant every time his name gets brought up.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:44 am

Agree with Jimmy, wishing spinal injury/etc is pretty extreme given there is still an element of doubt regarding his guilt regarding the child abuse
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 am

And here we go again, another thread on its way towards being locked

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 am

Did the coach make Tyreek hold his hands to his side and punch him in the thigh to "toughen him up " ? No , they are making him a sissy by giving him a cart ride. How's his kid gonna' respect him if he can't just rub some dirt on it & walk it off

But seriously, the guy is living in a fish bowl. His every move will be judged and some would say rightly so. Now if Hill does do right and becomes the better man & father will you judge him rightly so then or is he condemned for life ? Seems like most things nowadays the vast majority are polarized over their preconceived notions that they know a person's character without knowing all the facts or context.

Is he a saint ? (no , he's a chief) Far from it but we don't know his history nor what steps he's taking privately now. We get what they want to give us. At the end of the day it's a private matter between his family members. If it turns out to be a criminal matter then he should face consequences. So far it hasn't other than the plea he took back in college. Big Ben had moral & legal accusations yet we don't see the same outrage in even proportional degrees. Talent and value to the team has always bought more leeway in punishment from teams or the league.

Hill leg injury is seen as karma by some (although they wanted a more severe dose) but shouldn't be a factor in his regular season play. Could be a break as far giving Chiefs a reason to hide him away in the trainer's room pre-season.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 am

How is this thread still not locked?

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:50 am

jimmycricket14 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Um feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite certain he plead guilty in a court of law to punching his 8 month pregnant girlfriend. So yeah I will freely pass judgment and you feel free to defend him
C'mon man. He was just boxing his 3yo son..Totally normal stuff...Who doesn't box their 3yo????..And when told his son said that his father broke his arm his response was, "kids say a lot of things." Definitely the response an innocent man would provide when being informed his 3 yo is claiming physical abuse....And just like any upstanding parent, he wants his young son to be terrified of him, in addition to the child's mother..

Man I am not even trying to defend Hill. Yes, from the recorded conversation he sounds like a POS. However wishing spinal injuries and paralysis on another human being is a bit strong for my tastes. The fact that he got no suspension means there very well might be information we all aren't privy to. Clearly people are already dug in on one side or the other, and that's fine. I don't really blame people who hate him. All I am saying is let's cool it on the bashing on him as a person in every single thread. Seeing as this is a fantasy football forum, I want to get some actual football related commentary when I come to these threads. It's tiring having to sort through pages of people taking shots at him that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. There are already 3-4 other threads full of that. Take it to twitter or another place if you still feel the need to rant every time his name gets brought up.
Good post, I agree jimmy

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 am How is this thread still not locked?
Because Tyreek threads are frickin awesome.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:44 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 am Did the coach make Tyreek hold his hands to his side and punch him in the thigh to "toughen him up " ? No , they are making him a sissy by giving him a cart ride. How's his kid gonna' respect him if he can't just rub some dirt on it & walk it off

But seriously, the guy is living in a fish bowl. His every move will be judged and some would say rightly so. Now if Hill does do right and becomes the better man & father will you judge him rightly so then or is he condemned for life ? Seems like most things nowadays the vast majority are polarized over their preconceived notions that they know a person's character without knowing all the facts or context.

Is he a saint ? (no , he's a chief) Far from it but we don't know his history nor what steps he's taking privately now. We get what they want to give us. At the end of the day it's a private matter between his family members. If it turns out to be a criminal matter then he should face consequences. So far it hasn't other than the plea he took back in college. Big Ben had moral & legal accusations yet we don't see the same outrage in even proportional degrees. Talent and value to the team has always bought more leeway in punishment from teams or the league.

Hill leg injury is seen as karma by some (although they wanted a more severe dose) but shouldn't be a factor in his regular season play. Could be a break as far giving Chiefs a reason to hide him away in the trainer's room pre-season.
Big Ben is a human piece of garbage. I don’t bring it up on the regular because I don’t think there are all that many people that would defend him. Even beyond the likelihood that he had his security stand guard while he raped that woman, he’s an awful teammate who injured himself while riding a motorbike without a helmet (no judgement on those that do the same, unless they’re doing it with millions of dollars and the hopes of a major sports team on the line) and calls out teammates publicly. He’s the locker room cancer that should have been expunged from Pittsburgh rather than Bell and Brown. He is one of the few players where I would cheer should he go down with injury.

As for Hill, you’re never going to be able to prove that he’s truly turned the corner and become a good man. Ray Rice has generally been an upstanding human being outside of one drunken punchout of his now wife caught on camera. The truth is that people aren’t going to check up on him and will largely dismiss the accounts of those that do. Personally, I’d be fine if Hill just stopped hitting women and children even if he were still kind of a shitty guy. I don’t know him, nor need to deal with him. He gets millions of dollars while being a shitty person? So do a lot of people and I can’t be bothered to hate them all.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Seriously who names there kid quad?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm Seriously who names there kid quad?
A guy that plans to leave his kid in a wheelchair?

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Who knows what happened with Rothlisbeger in that bathroom. Could just as easily been consensual at the time and then the women realized the next day she was nothing more than a quickie in a bathroom and made up something... Not saying that was what happened, but it may well be the case.

If people just want to own "good" guys, well you'll have a bear roster and a lot of uncertainty. Most everyone has a few skeletons in their closet. How are we to know whats in any player's? Or are you only gonna go off what has become public knowledge?

Very slippery slope there...

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:10 pm

For example: Dalvin Cook choke-chained up 8-week-old puppies outside in the rain with no shelter for a week. You know who does that? A literal sociopath. And yet I don't see anyone here talking about his character.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:19 pm Who knows what happened with Rothlisbeger in that bathroom. Could just as easily been consensual at the time and then the women realized the next day she was nothing more than a quickie in a bathroom and made up something... Not saying that was what happened, but it may well be the case.

If people just want to own "good" guys, well you'll have a bear roster and a lot of uncertainty. Most everyone has a few skeletons in their closet. How are we to know whats in any player's? Or are you only gonna go off what has become public knowledge?

Very slippery slope there...
Fair enough. I can afford to hate ole rapey and still field a solid team and I don’t have to be equal or fair in my judgement of players for their off field exploits. Big Ben is human trash.

K - Just a stupid kicker

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Thread lock in 3... 2... 1...
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland