Flat earthers?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Flat earthers?

Postby Jfever » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Believe it or not? For some reason this is a growing point of view. Anyone else find this troubling? Look into this if you have the time. I’m ok with folks having their own opinion on politics - but to have your own facts that disregard the physics of Kepler, Cupernicus, Galeleao, and Newton. That is some ballzy stuff. Is this what happens when kids are homeschooled, take on line classes, or somehow don’t take high school science classes? Seems to me an increasing trend of the under informed being over confident in their own lack of understanding of math and physics. That, coupled with a tendency to buy into conspiracy theorys. The sun is NOT 93million miles away. The Apollo missions photos were doctored by the government, no such thing as NASA landing on the moon cuz that was filmed in Hollywood. These people are sharing our air and they walk among us. It hurts...
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Flat earthers?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:08 am

You meet a lot of homeschooled kids who believe in a flat earth, Fever?? :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 am

JFever wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 pm Believe it or not? For some reason this is a growing point of view. Anyone else find this troubling? Look into this if you have the time. I’m ok with folks having their own opinion on politics - but to have your own facts that disregard the physics of Kepler, Cupernicus, Galeleao, and Newton. That is some ballzy stuff. Is this what happens when kids are homeschooled, take on line classes, or somehow don’t take high school science classes? Seems to me an increasing trend of the under informed being over confident in their own lack of understanding of math and physics. That, coupled with a tendency to buy into conspiracy theorys. The sun is NOT 93million miles away. The Apollo missions photos were doctored by the government, no such thing as NASA landing on the moon cuz that was filmed in Hollywood. These people are sharing our air and they walk among us. It hurts...
Talk about off-topic! :lol:

Yeah, it is quite ridiculous. I feel at this point like anybody pushing this idea is just trolling

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:59 pm

I have read that Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins and also many NBA players, including Kyrie Erving believe that the earth is flat :surprised:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 pm

C’mon Man!!

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 am

At least it is harmless. I would rather spend eternity with a dozen flat-earthers in a hot tub of urine than five minutes at Disney World with one douche rocket who refuses to vaccinate their kids.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:46 am

I actually do know several home schooled students. Often, I get approached and asked if I could help with Laboratory equipment, and random things toward that end. So, it may sound weird but, Yea, I know some home schooled kids. I however, am a public school Science educator. Anyway, Its sadly the same people who deny science that have those opinions on vaccinations. I personally wouldn't call it harmless. I'd compare this type of thinking it to a virus actually, a social lack of critical thinking virus. The longer rational thinking individuals who value evidence, logic, and critical thought, allow this to go, the worse it'll get I'm afraid. I'm sure some of it is trolling though. I too have heard that several prominent NBA players are buying into this and now,and, since they have a big platform, you can count on this BS spreading. People are so gullible... I think it is much more wide spread than the average dude on the street believes. I've had in depth conversations with students that take the idea serious. Flippin weird. :wtf:

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 am

JFever wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:46 am I actually do know several home schooled students. Often, I get approached and asked if I could help with Laboratory equipment, and random things toward that end. So, it may sound weird but, Yea, I know some home schooled kids. I however, am a public school Science educator. Anyway, Its sadly the same people who deny science that have those opinions on vaccinations. I personally wouldn't call it harmless. I'd compare this type of thinking it to a virus actually, a social lack of critical thinking virus. The longer rational thinking individuals who value evidence, logic, and critical thought, allow this to go, the worse it'll get I'm afraid. I'm sure some of it is trolling though. I too have heard that several prominent NBA players are buying into this and now,and, since they have a big platform, you can count on this BS spreading. People are so gullible... I think it is much more wide spread than the average dude on the street believes. I've had in depth conversations with students that take the idea serious. Flippin weird. :wtf:
What do flat earth believers think it looks like? Meaning, where do they believe the "edges" to be? It is a very weird thing indeed.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Go to youtube. It’s a lot. Too much for me to explain. North Pole in middle of a large flat disc. South Pole is outer edge of disc. Some claim it’s covered by a dome. The sun is 3-5000 miles away and travels in a circle over the Frisbie shaped earth. Governments patrol South Pole edge to prevent people from seeing edge. All way weird and, like I said, lots more people than you think are buying into it. It’s way strange. All of this is disturbing to me.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am

I suppose if I ever met a flat earther at a party, I would politely walk away. Arguing with them is probably pointless.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:44 am

Oh, ok. I was thinking they thought the disc (earth) flipped over every day🤪

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm

A while ago I wondered where this flat earth stuff was coming from, and from what I found it has religious roots. Basically, if we are to believe the earth is tiny and revolves around the sun and the universe is as it is, then we (people) are not that important. However, if the earth is not a tiny sphere traveling around the sun and instead everything around us is set up just for us, then we're important. Some flat earthers are just doing it to troll, others for $$$, and others will just believe any conspiracy because they don't like the deep state or whatever. But I think the core cause is religion. So basically right up your alley Fever.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:50 pm

If the earth is flat what shape does that make heaven?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 am

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

dlf_jaronf wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 am You will all appreciate this

https://www.funnyordie.com/2019/3/6/182 ... es-so-hard
:clap: :thumbup: