Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby JFever » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Nice catch. :wink: I'd like to say I threw that in there to see if you guys are reading my posts but, I didn't. I got auto corrected while typing on my phone.

Funny that you caught that misplaced word but it seems at the same time, many of my points get over looked. It really speaks for our (humans) ability to see what we want and ignore if it serves us in some way.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby azthecrow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:17 pm

JFever wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:53 pm
It really speaks for our (humans) ability to see what we want and ignore if it serves us in some way.
Yes, we do have that ability, don’t we?

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby JFever » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:07 am

It reminds me greatly of something that parents at times deal with with their children. It's been a while for me as my kids are 13,14, and 16 but... Picture the scene, Mother and young son sitting at table delaying the completion of his breakfast. Mom repeats her request to her young son to finish as they are running late and have places to go and people to see; Son, innocently enough, looks up at his loving but growing more aggravated & frustrated mother, He inserts messy little fingers into each of his ears, closes his eyes or blatantly stares up at the ceiling fan, and begins to sing to himself / humming loudly to himself - I cant hear you, lalalalala, I can't hear you, Lalalala, I can't hear you, lala la la. Mom, standing above her young son, watches this tirade and just tries to keep her composure.

In this case, Which character are you? Seems pretty clear doesn't it. :wink:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby azthecrow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am

I’m the Dad who walks in and says he has 2 minutes to finish his breakfast without making a sound. He knows I mean it so he does it. :ewink:

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am

azthecrow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am
I’m the Dad who walks in and says he has 2 minutes to finish his breakfast without making a sound. He knows I mean it so he does it. :ewink:
I believe him because of his Raider avatar/icon. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby azthecrow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:32 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am
azthecrow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am
I’m the Dad who walks in and says he has 2 minutes to finish his breakfast without making a sound. He knows I mean it so he does it. :ewink:
I believe him because of his Raider avatar/icon. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Lol :clap:

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby JFever » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 am

In my story, you (and several other contributing forum members / some more than others) are the kid with the fingers in the ears. I guess maybe you missed that. It was an analogy.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4082
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Big Al » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Maybe is was a stupid analogy. Most have tuned you out by now, not ignored you. Scientific theories aren't fact either as they often change over time (it's kind of like predicting weather). I'll stick with my faith, that hasn't changed. I'm happy with sticking with what makes sense to me. Maybe you should take your fingers out of your ears. Now back to what this site was designed for, fantasy football. I'll respect your opinions there.
Faith: That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion
Theory: A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby azthecrow » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Big Al wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm
Maybe is was a stupid analogy. Most have tuned you out by now, not ignored you. Scientific theories aren't fact either as they often change over time (it's kind of like predicting weather). I'll stick with my faith, that hasn't changed. I'm happy with sticking with what makes sense to me. Maybe you should take your fingers out of your ears. Now back to what this site was designed for, fantasy football. I'll respect your opinions there.
:clap: Right on, Big Al

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby JFever » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

Big Al wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm
Maybe is was a stupid analogy. Most have tuned you out by now, not ignored you. Scientific theories aren't fact either as they often change over time (it's kind of like predicting weather). I'll stick with my faith, that hasn't changed. I'm happy with sticking with what makes sense to me. Maybe you should take your fingers out of your ears. Now back to what this site was designed for, fantasy football. I'll respect your opinions there.
Sorry.... but, It now occurs to me that you do not even understand what you claim to believe. Again. I love the ability of some that have been indoctrinated to ignore evidence and focus on the lack there of. It is a scary concept. It reminds me of the scientifically illiterate trying to make laws. It is a scary situation. You just said above that your faith hasn't changed. Give me a break.... Look into these things. Do you really think your faith hasn't changed? How about the churches views on women and women's rights? How about, disease, medicine, Gay marriage? Slavery? Did you even take the time to look at the scripture from your book that I listed above. Prob not..... cuz now, I'm getting ignored... Classic. I'd be proud. People are too God damn lazy to learn.... Too lazy to look into what they think they believe to verify their beliefs. To perhaps reinforce them. or, God forbid to advance and to learn something new. This thread is complete evidence to that fact. The scripture I shared states that if you work on Saturday, you should be put to death. If you believe the things you say you do, how do you cherry pick your way around the bible then? Seriously, its as if we are mindless zombies, not wanting to learn or think for ourselves. And, worst, we take pride in it .... Group think and the herd mentality at its finest. The value of a basic level of scientific literacy is a big deal. Your thoughts on it are skewed. The scientific method is the way by which we know things. It is falsifiable. This is a good thing as this is what leads to advancement. How on earth do you type something on the internet and simultaneously be ignorant of this concept. Did your god "create" the internet or, is it more likely that it is an advancement in-technology driven by demand and scientific knowledge? I mean seriously, how on earth?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4082
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Big Al » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 am

Seemed to hit a nerve there, wow. Of course God didn't create the internet, how narrow minded are you? He created the Earth and man took it from there. Science is great for ozone layer, glacier melt, and other stuff etc. Big bang stuff not so much. Also like science, man did change some views regarding religion (not faith). I stated above that my faith in God hasn't changed not my religion itself. If you haven't figured it out by now after 13 pages, people have the right to believe what they want. Many of these people are very educated. I don't see why that bothers you. I am done here, see you in the other forums.
Faith: That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion
Theory: A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.

User avatar
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am
Location: Sanary, FRANCE

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:13 am

It's going maybe too far here

Anyway...i'd rather continue in this thread by quoting Bible verses.

Image

That's how i feel today.
French Dynasty High Level, 16 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2020
Roster : https://www69.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0007&O=07

HFR Dynasty League, 16 owners, PPR, 6 Pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2011
Roster : https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0002&O=07

User avatar
Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Jesus wept. - John 25 to 12:00
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, J. Love, J. Stidham
RB- D. Cook, J. Jacobs, D. Freeman, J. McKinnon, B. Scarbrough, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, K. Stills, S. Miller, J. Watson
TE- G. Kittle, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

User avatar
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am
Location: Sanary, FRANCE

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm
Jesus wept. - John 25 to 12:00
I didn't hear this verb before discovering "While my guitar gently weeps" from The Beatles. A guitar weeps ? So curious when i saw the metaphoric translation. Now i know him too through your post. Cause i'm far from knowing and reading all the Bible. Thanks !


EDIT : Sia made a "Jesus wept" song by googling...sounds good.
French Dynasty High Level, 16 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2020
Roster : https://www69.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0007&O=07

HFR Dynasty League, 16 owners, PPR, 6 Pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2011
Roster : https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0002&O=07

User avatar
Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ die and rise rom the dead?

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Blackout wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:16 pm
Gtdano_14 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm
Jesus wept. - John 25 to 12:00
I didn't hear this verb before discovering "While my guitar gently weeps" from The Beatles. A guitar weeps ? So curious when i saw the metaphoric translation. Now i know him too through your post. Cause i'm far from knowing and reading all the Bible. Thanks !


EDIT : Sia made a "Jesus wept" song by googling...sounds good.
:lol: nice
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, J. Love, J. Stidham
RB- D. Cook, J. Jacobs, D. Freeman, J. McKinnon, B. Scarbrough, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, K. Stills, S. Miller, J. Watson
TE- G. Kittle, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest