Any tech heads in here?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Any tech heads in here?

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:18 pm

The iPad was realeased this week by Apple. Looks like a huge iPod. I like it and I'm considering getting it when the 3G version comes out. I'm an Apple fan. I've got the apple desktop, laptop, iphone, etc.

Anyone have any inside info on this thing? $629 for the 3G version. $499 for the WiFi version. I love electronic gadgets.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm a Mac guy also, have a Mac book and iPhone. The iPad is a big iPhone reaslly, but that is a good thing not a bad. I'm planning on probably grabbing it the summer, I use my iPhone all the time, but my Mac book is starting to slow down but works. the iPad has the ability to surf the net, play music/movies, download books, plus it will have the same apps the iPhone does and that is key.

I see it as an upgrade to PC based Netbooks, but with Benefits. I don't know about the 3G though because you'll have to pay monthly service fee probably, have my iPhone for that. Also the battery is supposed to be a pretty kick bleep, reported 10 hours, probably closer to 8 1/2.

I would hold off a couple months initially just incase... atleast that's what I'm planning on doing.

princevincexoxo

Re: Any tech heads in here?

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

hot nikkels wrote:The iPad was realeased this week by Apple. Looks like a huge iPod. I like it and I'm considering getting it when the 3G version comes out. I'm an Apple fan. I've got the apple desktop, laptop, iphone, etc.

Anyone have any inside info on this thing? $629 for the 3G version. $499 for the WiFi version. I love electronic gadgets.

You are better off getting an ITouch or a Kindle, depending on what it is you actually want to use the IPad for. The Ipad cant even take video or pictures...and if you dont like downloading web books then you are better off just getting an ITouch. It seems like the Ipad was mainly made to combine the functions of a Itouch with a kindle.