What's your story?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What's your story?

Postby hoggball » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:12 am

Fantasy Football has been a passion of mine since I joined my first league in 1992 back in college. We tracked scoring by hand back then. We use to run around trying to find the USA Today every Monday and Tuesday for the updated scoring for the previous days games. Back then it was standard redraft until 1997 when we made it a keeper/dynasty hybrid. We still run that league and is one of my all time favorites still. My college buddies get together every year for the draft and pretend like we can still handle our liquor like we used to.
I play in 4 leagues every year. One redraft and another keeper. Last year was my first year in a true dynasty league and I absolutely love the format. Have been a subscriber of DLF for a few years now and just recently joined the forum. I def believe DLF offers the best content of any site and like having the ability to get different perspectives through the site and forum. Kudos to the staff!
Lived in Colorado for a good portion of my youth so the Broncos have been a my team I've gravitated to although FF helps balance my allegiance when they suck.
My all time favorite player obviously was Elway. My current fav player in the league is anyone on my teams that score alot. I do hold a few shares of Kamara and he is truly exciting to watch.
That's about it so Dilly Dilly to you all!
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Hello. I've been playing FF for about 7 years now, and only recently began to delve into the Dynasty side. I began with just a family league for a few years, and then branched out to a keeper/dynasty team on yahoo. Won my first season there, then treated it more as a redraft the following year and screwed my team for 2 seasons. I got a little more educated on dynasty FF, and an obsession slowly grew. I went into last season with a rebuild mentality, and turned my team from a dumpster fire into a strong contender for next season. I enjoyed it, so I adopted a few different orphan teams this past offseason, always going for the worst team available to do a complete rebuild. I also got into a few different startups.
As my name suggests, I'm generally a hermit so I fill a lot of my time now with 14 different dynasty leagues and work. I don't do money leagues. I've lurked on this forum for a few months before joining, and it seems to be a pretty nice group overall. As I'm still pretty new to full fledged dynasty I don't feel like I have much to contribute in terms of answers...but I do have plenty of questions. Hopefully after another season I'll be a little better equipped to contribute more answers and advice to the forum than questions.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

fantasysportsavvy101
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fantasysportsavvy101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:53 am

Hi. I'm actually your normal "over the desk" professional but I wasn't obviously always like this. I used to play football in my high school days but decided to stop for university. Now I work as a programmer for a random company and although it is fun, I needed to look for an outlet to release some stress.

Fantasy Football and everything about it was new to me when it was first introduced to me 6 months ago by some of my colleagues at work. at first, I was very confused on how it works (I still am now) but I'm trying to get better.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:31 pm

My story is that I like polls and discussions about rules.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 am

turcorox911 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:31 pm My story is that I like polls and discussions about rules.
Those are good topics to go in the Commish Corner forum!

soccer27playa
Rookie
Rookie

Postby soccer27playa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but not to fantasy football. I've been playing 10+ years in all sorts of leagues. I've been an active member of another website's forum and am looking to expand my horizons to another. I've cut back on my leagues from 20+ a couple years ago to a planned handful this year. I joined DLF premium so thought I'd maximize my exposure as forums are usually interesting to see other's opinions and just a fun place to browse. I look forward to being active around here. My first foray into the forum was a response to a disgruntled owner but that's all in the past now. Glad to be here and look forward to being here. Have a great day!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Good afternoon,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have been playing fantasy football for well over 30 years. I am in one old school league that may be the oldest in the country. It is old school before the days of PPr. I use to write cheat sheets for a site for both offense and IDP. I have commished several leagues over the years ranging from simple dynasty to complex IDP cap/contract years/ with auctions.

Out side of fantasy, I have been the medical business for decades on the business side and am fortunate enough to know several surgeons to get their take on injuries when needed.

I am an avid golfer. Decided to join the site a few days ago and looking forward to participating on the site when I can find time. One thing about me you should know is I am not into group think much. I scout players pretty hard and my best advice is don't offer a deal if you can't effectively argue both sides.

Hope you all enjoy this crazy game as much as I do!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Mon May 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Ice wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:00 pm Good afternoon,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have been playing fantasy football for well over 30 years. I am in one old school league that may be the oldest in the country. It is old school before the days of PPr. I use to write cheat sheets for a site for both offense and IDP. I have commished several leagues over the years ranging from simple dynasty to complex IDP cap/contract years/ with auctions.

Out side of fantasy, I have been the medical business for decades on the business side and am fortunate enough to know several surgeons to get their take on injuries when needed.

I am an avid golfer. Decided to join the site a few days ago and looking forward to participating on the site when I can find time. One thing about me you should know is I am not into group think much. I scout players pretty hard and my best advice is don't offer a deal if you can't effectively argue both sides.

Hope you all enjoy this crazy game as much as I do!
Welcome! It's safe to say we all have a healthy obsession with dynasty football =)

roguenipple
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby roguenipple » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:22 am

Hey everyone! I was very excited yesterday to stumble on this forum while doing rookie draft prep!

I’ve been playing fantasy for somewhere around 15 years. I’ve commissioned my own leagues for that entire time as well.

I enjoy really complex leagues, challenging the status quo on scoring, and constantly tweaking rules to achieve realism or ultimate balance.

I love talking scouting and rookies, and I find that dynasty is my favorite format for long term projections, seeing players develop, and that great feeling when you win one!

I look forward to jumping into the rookie draft discussion and arguing with you guys over scoring and rules! ;)

I look forward to being a consistent and valued member here!

-RN

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Welcome aboard!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

fat_lenny
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fat_lenny » Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 pm

I've been in dynasty for 10 years and think this is finally my year !
J-E-T-S homer
Start 9: 1 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-4 TE - PPR
Dynasty 12 team, roster=24 (keep all) + 3 IR, $100 blind bid > Victory points !

Goff , Stafford, D. Jones(R)
Drake , Barber , Breida, Penny, M. Sanders(R), J Richard, K Dixon, Crowell (IR)
Golladay, Diggs, Fuller, R Anderson, Ty Williams, JJAW(R)
Snead, Moncrief, Richardson, R Foster, J. Hurd(R)
OJ Howard, Hooper, I. Thomas

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:41 pm

I have a fantasy of quitting my stupid job to start a fantasy football channel with a focus on dynasty.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:26 pm

HELLLLLLLO ALL!!! After a long hiatus from the DLF community (my how things have progressed in almost a decade!!) I, Vincent, am actually returning to the dynasty football scene. 8-) If you are familiar with any of the original promo leagues you will know that I’ve been a participant and champion in the DLF Charter and some of the invitationals (and I’m Still as humble as ever). I am making my return To this community because a lot of my close friends are late bloomers into the dynasty scene and have recently decided to start one up. To me there has never been a better community and it seems like it has only gotten better. I’m glad to be back!!

A little about me - I’m 32 years young, from Philadelphia, PA, and my favorite team is obviously the wonderful Philadelphia Eagles. One of my current areas of work is moderating forums for an online health community, but for fun I really enjoy hiking, camping, biking, running and being active in the outdoors. Look forward to connecting and reconnecting with you all! Excited to be back :D
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:43 am

^ Welcome back :thumbup:

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am

azthecrow wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:43 am ^ Welcome back :thumbup:
Thanks! It’s nice to be in the trenches again. I faded away from fantasy football for awhile so I’m knocking some Rust off. 8-)
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)