Chris Henry seriously injured

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:08 am

This is awful. Never want to see something like this happen to someone regardless of past or opinion of his charcater. Too bad, I think he had a big upside for the future.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:03 am

Absolutely awful news. I cannot believe it.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:41 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:Absolutely awful news. I cannot believe it.
Makes me feel sick and sad at the same time. I've been praying for him and his family.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
highballers wrote:ESPN reporting Henry's death-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615
OMG!

I really didn't think it was as serious as this. I figured he had some bumps, bruises, maybe a broken bone. I can't believe he died.

I do feel bad for his family. My heart goes out to them.
when I went to bed last night, I expected this to be the case this morning. All the signs were there that he wasn't going to make it thru the night.
- homicide was investigating immediately
- dire condition
- head trauma
- found in the middle of the road meaning he didnt fall on something soft
- on life support

it'll be interesting to see if he fell out, or if she drove in such a matter to throw him out. either way, its pretty dumb to jump into the back of a moving pickup truck because of an argument. his bad decisions finally caught up to him. hopefully he'll RIP.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Terrible news, RIP Chris.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:34 pm

What a tragic death! Its so sad we´ll never see his true talent on the field! Him making bad decisions in the past doesn´t mean him being a bad person. He made some mistakes, but I´m sure that was just a small part of himself!
I hope people will remember the talent he had, and not the way he used it!

R.I.P. #15
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Unreal!

I just heard a couple of the 911 calls on a local sports news station. One woman called them while she was driving behind the truck Chris Henry was in. She said he was beating on the back window, as if he was desperately trying to get out of the cab and that the female driver was driving "crazy" or something. The other called in when he found him on the road, saying he was sure the guy was unconscious.

Absolutely unbelievable! RIP Chris.

I'd love to hear his fiancee's side of it. Apparently they were planning on getting married fairly soon. Either she went nuts or he did something to set her off. Either way, that is pretty tragic news.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:52 pm

....someone told me while I was at work....and I just sat there and thought....wow how things can change in the blink of an eye....

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:56 pm

About 10 years ago my friend got into a fight with his wife and she accidentally ran over his foot with the car as she was driving off. I thought that was funny as hell at the time. Not so much now...

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:57 pm

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Pilate wrote:Here is the 911 call.

http://starcasm.net/archives/28276

Just imagine his little kids have to hear this when they get older.. about their own father... heartbreaking!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Things like this really put your own mortality into perspective. When I was younger, I used to think I was basically invulnerable. I look at things now and think how I'm 36 and wish to still experience a lot more in life. He was 10 years younger than I am now when he passed. It's sad too how he leaves behind three young children.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Shutdown Corner had a great take on this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,209517

I'll let the article do the rest of the talking and simply say RIP Chris Henry...
yahoo shutdown corner wrote:He was 26 when he lost his life this morning. Just 26 years old. For as many headlines as he had made, it seemed like he should be older. The fact was, though, that he was still a very young man. He was just entering his football prime, and considering his natural gifts and the signs he had been showing before being put on injured reserve this year, he could have gone on to have a great career.

That's the tragedy here. If things had continued to go the way he and his teammates said they were headed, Chris Henry could have one day stood in front of the world as an example that no matter what you've done in the past, your future can be better. He could have told the at-risk youth of the world, "Yes, it can be difficult to change the direction of your life, but it can be done, and you have the power to do it. I did it, and you can do it."

What a great thing that could've been. Sooner or later, we're all going to let somebody down. But life is about how you learn from your mistakes and how you use the experience to make yourself a better, stronger person.

Chris Henry believed he was becoming that guy. And we could have used that.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:36 pm

brice587 wrote:About 10 years ago my friend got into a fight with his wife and she accidentally ran over his foot with the car as she was driving off. I thought that was funny as hell at the time. Not so much now...
I rode on the hood of my own truck while my HS girlfriend drove pissed off through a campground many years ago. I didn't take it very seriously then and was unharmed. Sometimes crazy stuff like that you just don't think about.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

dickiethon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dickiethon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 am

I got some extra chris henry jerseys if anyone wants one. They fell off the back of a truck :lol:
12 team start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE Non-PPR

QB: Brees, dalton, Carr

RB: AP, Rice, sankey, bush, fjax, taliafero, trent, riddick

WR: Dez, wallace, D. Thomas, watkins, A Johnson, vjax

TE: Olsen, fleener, donnell, ebron