Thoughts on Sam Bradford in a Super Flex?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Thoughts on Sam Bradford in a Super Flex?

Postby colonnaj94 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to get some thoughts on Sam Bradford for a super flex league.. Is he worth holding? Should I try and sell high? Should I package him with a draft pick (I own 1.05, 3.03, 3.10 and 2016 1st) for a better QB (If So, which QBs would be good targets?) Any other ideas about Sam Bradford would be appreciated as well.
This is for team 3 by the way.
Thanks!
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Harris, Pierce, Chandler, Bigsby, Kelley
WR Johnston, Wicks, Mingo, W Robinson, Z Jones, Marshall, Pierce, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft, Gray
(3) 24 1sts, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 25 1sts, (2) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Thoughts on Sam Bradford in a Super Flex?

Postby Patmos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:26 am

I don't think you will be able to trade him for his true value right now - too many questions (will be stay an Eagle, will his knee hold up?). Sanchez was a QB1 in that system from week 9-16 last year so it is reasonable to expect Bradford to do better than QB11-12. If you believe that (and I do) then I recommend holding him. If Bradford starts for Philly I personally think he will outperform Matt Ryan and has the potential to be a Top 5-type QB.
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am

He holds more value in a super flex for sure, but I too think you need to hold at least until after the NFL draft in a couple of weeks. If I were approached with any sort of offer involving Bradford (unless it was heavily weighted in my favor) I'd respond that, "I want to see how things shake out with the rumored QB movement before making a deal."

Most owners likely have similar feelings, and you'd be hard pressed to get what you perceive as fair value for him at this point. Additionally, "selling high" on Bradford isn't possible right now since he's perceived as an underachieving, injury-prone, maybe-starter/maybe-not QB in limbo. It's no secret that Philly may be using him in trade negotiations, and it's no certainty that he's the opening day starter there or elsewhere.

His talk of contemplating retirement after his latest ACL injury isn't reassuring either. At least from a "where's his head at?" standpoint. For what it's worth, I moved Bradford 2014 pre-season and added pick 1.10 to net Tannehill. I don't know if you could get something done like that at the moment, but you could always try.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 am

There's still a lot of noise about the eagles trying to trade up for Mariota

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 am

I think there are too many questions to try dealing Bradford now. First and foremost his health
You are better off holding him until the season starts. I wouldn't give up more than a mid-2nd or whereever I expected Hundley/Petty to go in your rookie draft right now for him.
If you combine 1.05 with Bradford I think TeddyB or maybe Tannehill/Brees might be an option is you get someone higher on Bradford. I would probably move him straight up if I could get a taker for Dalton/Flacco/Carr/Bortles type guy. I would definitely be trying to trade Hoyer and Fitzpatrick away to the Mallett/Geno owners before the draft
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:29 am

I'm told his ADP didn't go up between March and April despite the trade to Philly, which (if it sticks) could seriously increase his production. I think this means he is undervalued, unless of course you expect a 3rd ACL injury. I think he's a serious buy right now, unless you find an Eagles fan willing to overpay (in my salary cap league he went for more than Kaepernick). You'll fetch a much higher price after he plays a few games.

inaudiblelance
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby inaudiblelance » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:13 am

I just traded for Sam Bradford capitalizing on the Eagles trade fears. I paid the 2015 3.08, 2016 low 2nd, and RB Tyler Gaffney NEP for Bradford to be my backup behind Luck & Wilson (team 2 below). I love his upside most if he stays with the Eagles but even if he's traded he will be going to another team to start. And starting QBs in super flex all have value. The only thing that will stop Bradford from a top 10 QB season is injury but I thought that was a fair gamble for a 2nd, 3rd, and an end-of-the-roster RB.
Last edited by inaudiblelance on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TM #1 -- 10 Team PPR 2QB - 23 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/1-4RB/1-4WR/TE/3FLX
QB: JHurts/JFields/BPurdy/THuntley/JHaener/DTR/SBennett
RB: AKamara/RStevenson/IPacheco/KIngram/JFord/TSpears
WR: AJBrown/ASB/BCooks/DHopkins/TDell/DMooney/EMoore/APerry/APierce/CTilman/KToney
TE: DGoedert/DKincaid/COkonkwo

TM #2 -- 12 Team PPR 2QB - 26 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLX
QB: TLawrence/JFields/DWatson/SHowell/TBagent/JStidham/TBoyle/SThompson/CRush/JHall
RB: JTaylor/KWalker/DAchane/KHerbert/JCook/ZWhite/ZEvans/JFord/TSpears/JMcLaughlin/KIngram/KMitchell
WR: JWaddle/JChase/EMoore/RMoore/KShakir/CClaypool/JRoss
TE: PFreiermuth/JFerguson/COkonkwo/JWoods/DWashington

mikemar
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mikemar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Yeah I wouldn't sell cheap, but his value is right in-between what it will be, he is a pure "If they draft a QB or trade for one, his value tanks, if not it jumps a lot" So make someone overpay.

It's hard to value Superflex sometimes, I'm in one that really doesn't value QBs as high as others, so you know your league.

I personally am a hold if I have him and buy for cheap. I think it's a 70/30 split leaning towards him being the starter for Philly week 1, after that who knows!

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:28 pm

inaudiblelance wrote:I just traded for Sam Bradford capitalizing on the Eagles trade fears. I paid the 2015 3.08, 2016 low 2nd, and RB Tyler Gaffney NEP for Bradford to be my backup behind Luck & Wilson (team 2 below). I love his upside most if he stays with the Eagles but even if he's traded he will be going to another team to start. And starting QBs in super flex all have value. The only thing that will stop Bradford from a top 10 QB season is injury but I thought that was a fair gamble for a 2nd, 3rd, and an end-of-the-roster RB.
I like that deal, and think Bradford is easily worth the price you paid. He's great as a QB3 flier, and if he shows well you'll almost certainly be able to ship him for a profit if you so choose. If not, you've still got Luck/Wilson and won't much miss what you gave up. :thumbup:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
inaudiblelance wrote:I just traded for Sam Bradford capitalizing on the Eagles trade fears. I paid the 2015 3.08, 2016 low 2nd, and RB Tyler Gaffney NEP for Bradford to be my backup behind Luck & Wilson (team 2 below). I love his upside most if he stays with the Eagles but even if he's traded he will be going to another team to start. And starting QBs in super flex all have value. The only thing that will stop Bradford from a top 10 QB season is injury but I thought that was a fair gamble for a 2nd, 3rd, and an end-of-the-roster RB.
I like that deal, and think Bradford is easily worth the price you paid. He's great as a QB3 flier, and if he shows well you'll almost certainly be able to ship him for a profit if you so choose. If not, you've still got Luck/Wilson and won't much miss what you gave up. :thumbup:
Yeah that is about what I would expect Bradford to sell for right now. He definitely has a solid upside and is worth a few late picks investment.
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

RavingLunatic
Starter
Starter

Postby RavingLunatic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 am

I try not to think about Sam Bradford anymore...

OK seriously, he is a QB2 when healthy and I like any Philly QB just cuz the system works there - even Sanchez (kill me), but he is really just a QB3 to me in a superflex just because he is so unreliablewith injuries, but I would be itching to trade him away even if I had him as my QB4.
I like him and hope he has a better career than he has had, but the history/odds don't look promising and I would rather make a new plan than stick with him out of fear he will reach potential on someone else's team. It's just been too long for me and this might be the last chance to jump ship.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 am

He's like the Jonathan Stewart of QBs. High draft status, has shown flashes, was never put in a stable situation/given a real chance to succeed (terrible weapons and constant coaching changes), and then he's been injured a lot.

I think both of their situations could improve drastically this season, so then it's just a matter of them both surviving the draft (Philly not landing Mariota, Carolina not drafting an RB highly) and then staying healthy.

If you don't think Philly lands Mariota, then now is NOT the time to sell Bradford. His talent isn't the question, and he would likely produce top ten numbers by default in that system. He's a strong hold for me right now because I don't see how his value can drop any lower even if he is traded to Tennessee/NYJ/Cleveland/etc, but it can rise a LOT if he starts in Philly and stays healthy
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Seventy5 wrote:He's like the Jonathan Stewart of QBs. High draft status, has shown flashes, was never put in a stable situation/given a real chance to succeed (terrible weapons and constant coaching changes), and then he's been injured a lot.

I think both of their situations could improve drastically this season, so then it's just a matter of them both surviving the draft (Philly not landing Mariota, Carolina not drafting an RB highly) and then staying healthy.

If you don't think Philly lands Mariota, then now is NOT the time to sell Bradford. His talent isn't the question, and he would likely produce top ten numbers by default in that system. He's a strong hold for me right now because I don't see how his value can drop any lower even if he is traded to Tennessee/NYJ/Cleveland/etc, but it can rise a LOT if he starts in Philly and stays healthy
The key is healthy though. His value rises ALOT anywhere if he can stay healthy