What we paying for TLaw in SF?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: What we paying for TLaw in SF?

Postby dustyroads » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:33 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:45 am
dustyroads wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 am Yeah the real question is what are people selling him for, because I can pretty much guarantee he won't be sold for what people are willing to/wanting to pay. A highly touted rookie QB underperforming in his first year is hardly out of the norm; adding in the sht show that is the Jags organization and all the news breaking about Urban being a nightmare to work for (which was predicted by just about everyone as soon as he got the job) isn't going to change the value to people who just drafted him where they did.
I don't anticipate seeing much movement in 2qb leagues. Doesn't make sense to sell him cheap or to overpay if buying. Maybe some owners will find that happy medium... But qbs are typically tough to come by as is. You pretty much have to give a stud or stud plus to land a respectable qb.... If you aren't willing to pay that for tlaw, your likely not going to be considered a serious buyer.
Completely agree. This is one of those scenarios we more often see more with aging vets then rookies, but basically he isn't a buy or a sell because the values of each side are too far off. He's just a hold (and pray if you're an owner lol). Because as an owner I'll def admit he hasn't looked good, regardless of team situation/urban's coaching/etc. I didn't expect him to be a top 5 qb this year, or really have any expectations of using/needing him as a starter for my team this year; but I did expect him to just play and look better than he has.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:48 am

I don't see any TLaw owner selling "low" on him. I have seen enough this year that I am not paying full price for him
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:18 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:48 am I don't see any TLaw owner selling "low" on him. I have seen enough this year that I am not paying full price for him
He hasn't just been inaccurate, he's missed by wide wide margins. I'd still fork over if I was in need but it's been really ugly at times.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:17 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:48 am I don't see any TLaw owner selling "low" on him. I have seen enough this year that I am not paying full price for him
100 percent. He looks bad. Same issues I had with him in college, too. His accuracy isn't the best, and when pressured, his mechanics go out the window. I never bought the hype, and still don't. Obviously he can improve, but he's got an uphill climb for years ahead of him. Anyone who got out and got a guy like Herbert, or added a bit to Lawrence to get Herbert is laughing right now, because Herbert is going to be the far better NFL QB and I don't think it will be that close.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:51 am

This is what I think as well. Maybe in 1QB he can be had cheaper. But in superflex or 2QB, the owner likely used the 1.01 on him last year. And they are not going to want to get out unless they can get comparable compensation because their buy in price point was so high to begin with. And I don’t see many non-owners that would be wanting to pay 1.01 prices for him. So not sure you are going to see him sold cheaply or for good value deals in the offseason.
Having said that, if you are a fan or a true believer, it is probably the time to buy. He may not come with a discount, but he is probably available at least. If he had a hot rookie season he would be on the “untouchable” list. So if you think this year was just a rough stepping stone on the way to fantasy greatness, or still believe he is “generational talent”, it is definitely a good time to get in.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:09 pm

sloth8u wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:45 am
dustyroads wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 am Yeah the real question is what are people selling him for, because I can pretty much guarantee he won't be sold for what people are willing to/wanting to pay. A highly touted rookie QB underperforming in his first year is hardly out of the norm; adding in the sht show that is the Jags organization and all the news breaking about Urban being a nightmare to work for (which was predicted by just about everyone as soon as he got the job) isn't going to change the value to people who just drafted him where they did.
I don't anticipate seeing much movement in 2qb leagues. Doesn't make sense to sell him cheap or to overpay if buying. Maybe some owners will find that happy medium... But qbs are typically tough to come by as is. You pretty much have to give a stud or stud plus to land a respectable qb.... If you aren't willing to pay that for tlaw, your likely not going to be considered a serious buyer.
Yah QBs just don't move especially in a 14 man league. I'm scrapping wherever I can to get someone better than what I have. I still believe in Lawrence.. with an all new coaching staff.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 pm

What’s a good offer for a 12 team, 1QB, 6 Pt passing td league? I’m rebuilding and currently have Teddy, Baker, and Cam, lol. I don’t even care if TLaw is bad next year too, but I am worried he won’t even be good by year 3
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Reports now that Urban Meyer is gone. That in and of itself has to be a boost to TLaw’s value
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 pm Reports now that Urban Meyer is gone. That in and of itself has to be a boost to TLaw’s value
Great example of how much power media has. Took less than week.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:50 pm
Hankybro21 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 pm Reports now that Urban Meyer is gone. That in and of itself has to be a boost to TLaw’s value
I would argue that it actually took over 15 weeks...

It was trouble from the moment the first camp reports came out. He survived the debacle on the dance floor, against the odds. That would get a player cut in zero time flat.

Frankly, I have no idea why you're giving the media the credit on this one. I've never seen an ostensible "leader of men" less prepared to do his job and lead professionals to winning at football. His "Criteria to examine for Struggling Teams - According to Urban Meyer" is an internet meme sensation, and has been for over a month. He ran a circus, shifted blame, asked his staff "what they'd ever won in life" and ostracised everyone around him, from the players, to his coaches, and to now: the owner... in less than one season.

Media, nothing. The stories didn't write themselves... Urban Meyer is a complete joke.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 am

mild wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 am
I would argue that it actually took over 15 weeks...

It was trouble from the moment the first camp reports came out. He survived the debacle on the dance floor, against the odds. That would get a player cut in zero time flat.

Frankly, I have no idea why you're giving the media the credit on this one. I've never seen an ostensible "leader of men" less prepared to do his job and lead professionals to winning at football. His "Criteria to examine for Struggling Teams - According to Urban Meyer" is an internet meme sensation, and has been for over a month. He ran a circus, shifted blame, asked his staff "what they'd ever won in life" and ostracised everyone around him, from the players, to his coaches, and to now: the owner... in less than one season.

Media, nothing. The stories didn't write themselves... Urban Meyer is a complete joke.
I'm not defending him, I agree he is, but Khan was going to ride this out for a few years, had the media not taken a firm grip on it. Had this all happened, but it wasn't reported on a massive scale, Meyer is still the coach of the Jags next week. My point was the media made a Billionaire make a decision for him, basically, because he had no other choice at that point. He didn't want to eat that contract. I am wondering if the Lambo thing is his out, though. Perhaps there's a clause, or a settlement due to that.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:02 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 am I'm not defending him, I agree he is, but Khan was going to ride this out for a few years, had the media not taken a firm grip on it. Had this all happened, but it wasn't reported on a massive scale, Meyer is still the coach of the Jags next week. My point was the media made a Billionaire make a decision for him, basically, because he had no other choice at that point. He didn't want to eat that contract. I am wondering if the Lambo thing is his out, though. Perhaps there's a clause, or a settlement due to that.
Don't you think you've got the Cart and the Horse around the wrong way on this one though, FF? The media can't take a hold of something that isn't there. We've never seen nor heard anything like this, I can't think of any coach this out of his depth AND disliked AND making so many bone headed moves in both public and private. At least Freddie Soup Kitchens and Jim Tomsula (and Dan Campbell) -attempted- to win their locker rooms and make their teams fight, and behaved like Head Coaches.

The last insider words I heard from Tom Pelliserro (who broke some of the story on him this week) was that - among everything else - he had reports of a LOT of the JAX coaching staff starting to reach out for jobs elsewhere in 2022. They didn't want to be around for any more Urban planning. Keeping Urban was going to greatly affect staff hiring and retention in JAX, and a bad situation would have gotten worse if they'd filled out their ranks with the kinds of coaches that would be "Yes Men" to Urban.

I think once you've got a culture cancer to that degree, and it's actually affecting your ability to staff your organisation - that that kind of makes the whole thing moot, and you've got to cut your losses and move on. Personally, I think it's still long overdue - that Dance Floor video, plus asking his coaches "what they'd won", PLUS kicking a player... it's all beyond the pale. He has no outs, and does not deserve them. As it stands, this is going to be one of the quickest firings of a fresh hire HC in the modern era. Good riddance.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:14 am

mild wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:02 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 am I'm not defending him, I agree he is, but Khan was going to ride this out for a few years, had the media not taken a firm grip on it. Had this all happened, but it wasn't reported on a massive scale, Meyer is still the coach of the Jags next week. My point was the media made a Billionaire make a decision for him, basically, because he had no other choice at that point. He didn't want to eat that contract. I am wondering if the Lambo thing is his out, though. Perhaps there's a clause, or a settlement due to that.
Don't you think you've got the Cart and the Horse around the wrong way on this one though, FF? The media can't take a hold of something that isn't there. We've never seen nor heard anything like this[/b], I can't think of any coach this out of his depth AND disliked AND making so many bone headed moves in both public and private. At least Freddie Soup Kitchens and Jim Tomsula (and Dan Campbell) -attempted- to win their locker rooms and make their teams fight, and behaved like Head Coaches.

The last insider words I heard from Tom Pelliserro (who broke some of the story on him this week) was that - among everything else - he had reports of a LOT of the JAX coaching staff starting to reach out for jobs elsewhere in 2022. They didn't want to be around for any more Urban planning. Keeping Urban was going to greatly affect staff hiring and retention in JAX, and a bad situation would have gotten worse if they'd filled out their ranks with the kinds of coaches that would be "Yes Men" to Urban.

I think once you've got a culture cancer to that degree, and it's actually affecting your ability to staff your organisation - that that kind of makes the whole thing moot, and you've got to cut your losses and move on. Personally, I think it's still long overdue - that Dance Floor video, plus asking his coaches "what they'd won", PLUS kicking a player... it's all beyond the pale. He has no outs, and does not deserve them. As it stands, this is going to be one of the quickest firings of a fresh hire HC in the modern era. Good riddance.
Good lord, no. I do believe there is a lot of truth to stuff, but I also believe media takes rumours and pushes fact to the general public. I don't want to get into the "we've never heard of anything like this," because I disagree. Things move so fast, it doesn't matter how accurate these reports are, Khan has a lot of bad press right now. Media holds a ton, a ton of power. They can utlilize rumour to create change. Overall, in culture, media has MASSIVE influence on the general pulbic, Again, I think Meyer is an idiot, if half of what is reported is true. However it's rumour, and he's been fired a week after the report was he as likely to stay because the owner liked him. Hey, maybe the swing is that Khan wanted to get out, and this thing with the kicker was his "out", so he pushed it to the press. Regardless, mass media, has mass influence. It's in the title. FWIW, I saw this coming a week ago, because of the attention it was getting. I am not saying "the media" is wrong per se, but all of this is hear say. The guy is now fired. It's all it takes. Hear say. The general public grumbles, and things change, because it all comes down to the bottom line, and yes, the media influenced this. Why else would Khan fire him and guarantee a lot of lost money otherwise?
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:22 am

mild wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 am I've never seen an ostensible "leader of men" less prepared to do his job ... Urban Meyer is a complete joke.
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:20 am

This is a bizarre take, in that you could say this about literally anytime some idiots misdeeds come to light.