Start-Up Draft Trading

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
JamesClark90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Start-Up Draft Trading

Postby JamesClark90 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am

Our league is preparing for a start-up and the draft may end up being snake. If so, draft pick trading will be encouraged (both start up picks and future picks). Trades and trade values for moving picks in start ups have proved hard to find. Does anyone know a place where that is available? SF, TEP league with 14 teams.
Side note - we are considering a mid round reversal. Any advice on which round to do that in and whether or not that is a good idea?
Thanks in advance for any help or feedback!

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Start-Up Draft Trading

Postby briank » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 pm

JamesClark90 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am Our league is preparing for a start-up and the draft may end up being snake. If so, draft pick trading will be encouraged (both start up picks and future picks). Trades and trade values for moving picks in start ups have proved hard to find. Does anyone know a place where that is available? SF, TEP league with 14 teams.
Side note - we are considering a mid round reversal. Any advice on which round to do that in and whether or not that is a good idea?
Thanks in advance for any help or feedback!
3rd round reversal is best IMO.

I'd suggest the pick value calculator from the football guys. For future picks, I look at ADP and find what player is equal to say a future 1st and assign that value when looking at trades. It has been very helpful.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:47 am

Every league will be different. The first trade (usually) sets the market. As to what briank posted, here is an example from a DynastyNerds article (https://www.dynastynerds.com/intro-to-d ... e-startup/)
Other things I've read place a future 1st value somewhere in the round 6-9 range. Good luck!

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:19 pm

I usually take a look at where current rookies are going in my startup rankings and value future 1sts close to where the guys drafted in the current year as late 1sts are being drafted with a bit of a discount for having to wait a year.