How to switch League from 1Qb to SF

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

How to switch League from 1Qb to SF

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Just got notice that some league teammates are voting to switch Team 1 to SF TEP..
But talking about doing a complete redraft.. doesn’t make sense to me.. commissioner recommended telling everyone that the switch will happen in 2-3 so everyone can start getting ready for it which seems reasonable but the guys want it sooner..

What’s the proper way to switch?

I feel like maybe having keepers? If so how many?

Any advice? Thank you!
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Benchwarmer101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How to switch League from 1Qb to SF

Postby Benchwarmer101 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:19 pm

If it’s dynasty and switching, they need to keep the league intact and give notice that it will switch next year. Keep it one QB this year.

Maybe the leave has stagnated abs they want to switch things up? In that case, just start over.
Team 1
12 team Superflex TE premium 23 roster 3 taxi 3 IR, 10 starters 1QB, 2-4RB, 3-6WR, 1-Superflex 1-4TE
2022 2.11, 3.11,
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Zach Wilson, Mills, Haskins,
RB: McCaffrey Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Dillon, E Mitchel, Jamal Williams, Darrel Williams, K Vaughn, L Perine
WR: D.J. Moore, Locket, Dionte Johnson, Jeudy, D Samuel, Edwards, Bateman, Harry, Mooney, DPJ, Osborn, D Brown
TE: Andrews, Jonu Smith, L Thomas, Harrison Bryant, Gray

Team 2
12 team Superflex TE premium .5 first downs 30 man roster 2 IR 10 starters 1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1TE 3 Flex 1 Superflex
QB Ryan, Tannehill, T Taylor, Lock,
RB Elliot, Mixon, James Robinson, Mostert, Fournette, McKinnon, Penny, Dallas, Pollard, Gainwell, Herbert,
WR Mclaurin, Marquis Brown, Thielen, Locket, Sutton, Boyd, Harry, Edwards, Myers, V Jefferson, Josh Palmer
TE Waller, Gaskins, Ertz, Tonyan, Shultz, Conklin

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:36 pm

I think at least 2 years notice or redraft. But I also think this is a change that should be unanimous and not just a majority

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

I'm in a 12 team league that voted to make this same change. We voted to make the change for the 2022 season. Decision was made before the rookie draft this year.

I personally think it should be another year further out as it's such a huge change, but was out voted.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:29 pm

I would also expect two seasons, or at least 2 rookie drafts, to make the transition. No reason to rush it or redraft, that defeats the purpose of dynasty.
-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:33 pm

I CAN'T STAND anyone thinking it's a good idea to re-draft any dynasty league if it was never agreed to at league start.

It's the stupidest and unfairest thing you can do, especially to the good teams - especially the good teams who took forever to become good teams! (Just happened to me, so I left the league. So infuriating.)

I like your partial keeper suggestion at the very least. I'd say keep everyone, then keep 1 QB, then maybe draft all remaining QBs? Fairest out of a stupid decision imo.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:07 am

This is a massive overhaul of an existing league. You’re completely reassigning the value of one position in a huge way for all practical purposes while the other positions take a smaller indirect hit. This is not something that ought to be done without some thorough discussion and a well thought out extended process. Teams that are playing QBBC with 3 lower level QBs are suddenly much more powerful and teams that have 1 stud QB with a mediocre bye week filler and maybe the stud’s handcuff are suddenly significantly weakened - all with no action of their own accord.

I’m pretty sure just blowing up the league and redrafting is going to really piss off some owners who have thoughtfully and patiently built up currently or in the immediate future very strong teams while rewarding owners whose teams are crappy through poor decision making and/or some bad luck. Is that what the league wants to do?

Even if you do this for next season, you still have substantially changed the balance of value you currently have right now. That’s why great care has to be taken, or there are likely to be some very reasonably unhappy owners.

I kind of like the idea keeping current rosters intact and allowing each team to keep one QB and throw the rest of the QBs into a distributive draft in two years - maybe even toss that year’s rookie draft picks into the pot with what will be the FA QBs and then have the redistribution draft of the FA QBs/rookie picks prior to your rookie draft at that time. Everyone will understand that they won’t be able to trade away any 2023 draft picks and they’ll have time to reassess their QB situation and move accordingly. It’s not a great solution by any stretch but at least you aren’t just randomly reassigning team strengths in a shortened period, plus it ought to create some serious excitement after next season ends and going into the following season.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 am

I too think it is best to limit QBs to one or 2 at most and put the remainder in with the next rookie class.

Question for leagues that are switching in 2 or 3 seasons, how do you value rookie picks 2 years prior to the SF switch, specially for leagues that do not limit how many QBs you can keep?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:36 pm

I feel very strongly that I want two rookie draftes advance notice. The QB value difference between a standard 1 QB and a SF is so VASTLY different you need time to plan accordingly. I also think the redraft approach only rewards the lower end teams.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:29 am

IMO there's no good way to do it that's really fair. Even the "keep 1QB and put the rest into the pot to be drafted later" overlooks owners who may have been reaching for a good QB a few years in a row and now carry multiple mid tier young options that they spent reasonably high draft capital on.

Agree with the poster saying it should need to be 100% league vote in order to make this change. If even on league member doesn't like the idea, or how it will be implemented, it shouldn't change.

I think the easiest way is really just to start a 2nd league that is SF and draft from scratch. Should generate some excitement getting to start a second dynasty league in general, and give everyone a fair shake without causing disruption to the 1QB league.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:25 am

dustyroads wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:29 am I think the easiest way is really just to start a 2nd league that is SF and draft from scratch. Should generate some excitement getting to start a second dynasty league in general, and give everyone a fair shake without causing disruption to the 1QB league.
I was coming here to say the same thing. Just start a new league with same owners/settings/etc except make it superflex. Boom.

Capone's Cajones
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Capone's Cajones » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:46 am

You can limit everyone to keeping only one QB as others said, then go one step further and have one draft round specifically for QBs. Set the order inversely based on the QB's ADP that were kept. If you had to convert immediately to superflex with no transition year or two.

Or like another poster said, start a second version of the league with superflex. That's what I did with my auction keeper. Had a vote to see if we could convert, passed 9-3 but it was really 2 guys who were adamant against it. It wasn't worth blowing up the league to get it. So we're starting another version this year. We know what worked and didn't n the original so it should go fine. And the original league's still intact with everyone happy.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:36 pm I think at least 2 years notice or redraft. But I also think this is a change that should be unanimous and not just a majority
This^
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:47 pm

We just switched this year ... the start of 2 QB will be 2022. We have 12-team league & one year notice was more than enough. If it were a 16-team league, then I could see maybe 2 years notice but 10- or 12-team league, then 1 year is more than enough.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:24 pm

I would make sure that the owners who are advocating it aren't loaded deep with young franchise QBs. Usually that's the way it works. It's rare to see a commish with a Brady/Jimmy G/Carr QB stable trying to push for the switch to Superflex.