Williams or Etienne?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
jwellman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Williams or Etienne?

Postby jwellman » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:05 pm

Unless something crazy happens this summer, I’m expecting I will have to choose between these two RBs unless QBs drop down further than expected.

Pre-draft it was a no brainer, but now I’m leaning Williams. Other than his running style increasing potential injury risk I haven’t heard much against him being RB2. Have a feeling Etienne is going to be more like Kareem Hunt roll in Cleveland.

Curious if folks think I’m off base.
12-team PPR w/ 0.34 PPComp (Superflex)
18 man roster + 2 taxi
QB: J Herbert, K Murray
RB: J Taylor, Jav Williams, M Sanders
WR: D Adams, C Sutton, C Godwin, B Cooks, M Gallup, C Davis, G Davis, T Marshall, J Palmer, D Brown
TE: M Andrews, B Jordan

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Williams or Etienne?

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 am

I think you’re off base, but you’ll feel worse if you go with the “dynasty community consensus” than your gut if Williams ends up having the better career compared with the other way around. If both are options at your pick, consider trading down a spot if possible (for anything—even if it’s a 4th, it’s a 4th more than you’d otherwise have), as the majority prefer Etienne.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:10 am

jwellman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:05 pm Unless something crazy happens this summer, I’m expecting I will have to choose between these two RBs unless QBs drop down further than expected.

Pre-draft it was a no brainer, but now I’m leaning Williams. Other than his running style increasing potential injury risk I haven’t heard much against him being RB2. Have a feeling Etienne is going to be more like Kareem Hunt roll in Cleveland.

Curious if folks think I’m off base.
Not off base per se. Never a problem going with your guys, as this is a game we play for fun. Having said that, I think Etienne will likely be used all over the field and is the safer pick, while potentially providing more upside as well. He has stood out on a team of standout players. I like ETN pretty easily over Williams, but if you feel differently, go with your gut.
@BrianHarrFF

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:45 am

Go with your guy and your gut I'd go ETN but its close
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:36 pm

I struggled with this choice at 1.08 in my 16 team suplerflex. 1st 4 picks where qb's followed by harris, pitts and chase. Tried trading down and their where no takers ( slim market looking at 9 and 10) I picked Etienne. (I do have James Robinson as well) but her was the current staff's choice, and i think they will find things for him.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

MacDaddy123
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:43 pm

I know I am late to the party, but Williams was my choice at 1.03 in a 1 QB league. Behind only Harris and Chase.
Williams was my RB1 before the NFL Draft, I dropped him to RB2 after Harris landed in Pittsburgh.

Though Williams is still 2.5 years younger than Harris, and could be the best back in this class when all is said and done.

Etienne always seemed to have great press, but I watched at least 6 Clemson games, and he never really impressed me.
Didn't pass the eye test so to speak. To each, their own.