Team Advice

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Frazier33
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Team Advice

Postby Frazier33 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am

Recently had our preseason draft in my 2 QB/SF dynasty league that has 10 owners. I came away with Ja’Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Mac Jones, Rashod Bateman, Trey Sermon, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Pat Freiermuth, Gabe Davis, Kenneth Gainwell, and Tyler Higbee. My current roster is as follows.....

QB: Jared Goff, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mac Jones

RB: Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, Trey Sermon, Kenneth Gainwell

WR: Tyreek Hill, Ja’Marr Chase, Brandon Aiyuk, DJ Chark, DeVonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Michael Pittman, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Gabe Davis, Darius Slayton, Randall Cobb

TE: TJ Hockenson, Tyler Higbee, Pat Freiermuth, Cole Kmet, OJ Howard

K: Will Lutz, Ka’imi Fairbairn

DEF: Bills, Broncos, Eagles

I have some ideas for improving my team before the season. Curious to hear any thoughts or ideas on the current state of my roster and what and I may want/need to do to push towards a championship. I have all 10 (1st-10th) of my 2022 draft picks intact. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Re: Team Advice

Postby zaner75 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:57 pm

What are the starting lineup requirements? Is it 2 QB and a SF? Any premiums (PPR, TE premium, 6 point passing TDs, etc.)
Your QBs are likely to hold you back from your championship aspirations as I would not consider any of them to be QB1s so hopefully the rest of your starters can bridge the gap your opponents (likely) have at QB and SF. I have a tough time seeing Garoppolo finishing the season as the starter. Goff shouldn't be counted on for more than 1-2 years. Ryan, 2 possibly 3. I don't see Mac Jones as being anything more than QB20 whenever he gets the starting job. The lack of QB quality is what I can see holding you back this season and the future doesn't have much promise.
Your RBs are contender-worthy but your WRs are mainly unproven. TE is likely fine with Hockenson.
My #1 priority would be to upgrade QB. Having 11 WR is pointless if you can't start half of them, and in a 10 team league the latter half are replacement level. I would look to use any of them to add with a QB to get better QBs if you can find any takers. Best-case scenario is that you can find a QB upgrade without touching your RB room, but if you can't, I would consider downgrading at RB for an upgrade at QB.