TE value in Superflex TE Premium league? 1.5ppr

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: TE value in Superflex TE Premium league? 1.5ppr

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Crouchy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:52 am How much do we bump up the value of a TE in a superflex league where receptions are 1.5ppr but Tight Ends get 1.5ppr

How would you compare elite receivers such as Adams, Hill, Metcalf and Jefferson vs Kelce and Kittle.

If you are picking around the turn or early second in a startup and the top tier of QBs have been picked, would you pick Kelce and Kittle before any of these receivers, or still load up on the elite receivers first?
The TEs go way up. Trust me, I’m in a bunch of the DLF Series leagues that started last season and in our startups, Kittle usually went around mid 1st and I took Kelce and Waller in a couple of them around 2.01/2.02 area. We get 2PPR for TEs in these Superflex leagues and you can flex as many as 4 a week. It paid off big for me in having Kelce on several teams, as well as Waller on a couple. Anyway, definitely prioritize the TE spot, of course, along with QB. Like others have said, you can wait on WR, unless some unbelievable value is on the board.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 pm
Crouchy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:52 am How much do we bump up the value of a TE in a superflex league where receptions are 1.5ppr but Tight Ends get 1.5ppr

How would you compare elite receivers such as Adams, Hill, Metcalf and Jefferson vs Kelce and Kittle.

If you are picking around the turn or early second in a startup and the top tier of QBs have been picked, would you pick Kelce and Kittle before any of these receivers, or still load up on the elite receivers first?
The TEs go way up. Trust me, I’m in a bunch of the DLF Series leagues that started last season and in our startups, Kittle usually went around mid 1st and I took Kelce and Waller in a couple of them around 2.01/2.02 area. We get 2PPR for TEs in these Superflex leagues and you can flex as many as 4 a week. It paid off big for me in having Kelce on several teams, as well as Waller on a couple. Anyway, definitely prioritize the TE spot, of course, along with QB. Like others have said, you can wait on WR, unless some unbelievable value is on the board.
I'm in a couple of these leagues. People went nuts for QBs in my 2, and I was facing the choice between grasping at meh QBs earlier than I was comfortable or going TE heavy. My Kelce-Waller-Hock-Hurst stack made me the high scorer despite meh QBs and WRs and some bad injuries (Saquon, JG, plus Zeke's situation going in the tank), and got me to the finals. The other team just went nuts week 16, so unfortunately no title there.
I was afraid that I was overvaluing TEs when they kept falling during the startups. I was actually probably undervaluing them, just less than most of the other teams. They are starting to come around, as I am getting a lot of offers. Most are still pretty bad though.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:03 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 pm

I'm in a couple of these leagues. People went nuts for QBs in my 2, and I was facing the choice between grasping at meh QBs earlier than I was comfortable or going TE heavy. My Kelce-Waller-Hock-Hurst stack made me the high scorer despite meh QBs and WRs and some bad injuries (Saquon, JG, plus Zeke's situation going in the tank), and got me to the finals. The other team just went nuts week 16, so unfortunately no title there.
I was afraid that I was overvaluing TEs when they kept falling during the startups. I was actually probably undervaluing them, just less than most of the other teams. They are starting to come around, as I am getting a lot of offers. Most are still pretty bad though.

Yes, exactly what I saw in most of my startups. I honesty don’t think that most of the other owners realized it was 2PPR for TEs, but it’s such a huge swing to have the stud TEs, obviously. I’m loving that format so far, the scoring premium plus the DLF Cup points series, etc.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:43 pm

The value is up there, like others have said. The only issue is that there are very few sure thing elite TE's, and the ones that do exist are all 27 or older. Kittle 27, Waller 28, Kelce 31. Now age isn't quite as important with TE's but it's still something to consider. In a startup I'd prioritize a young stud WR over an aging elite TE, even if the points are the same or if you're even giving up some points. That said, the competitive teams rolling out 1 or more elite TE's every week have an advantage. It's similar to if you can plug in CMC into your lineup versus some lesser rb. It's a sizeable advantage.