Baker moving forward

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
RoyalPalmer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Baker moving forward

Postby RoyalPalmer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:59 pm

I have a share of Baker and these past three weeks have me feeling much more confident in him. I feel a playoff win could go a long way in building his status around the league as a top 15 QB as well. The game script this year felt perfect for him. The run and defense won early games after his horrendous start. As the games started going in the favor of the Browns and the wins started piling up he began making more contested throws and using more time in the pocket rather than just handing it off to an RB. The last three weeks feel more like vintage Baker. I still see him making some poor decisions while scrambling under pressure but the o-line still has room to improve, especially on the left. He is also doing this with a somewhat poor receiving core.

How's everyone feeling, is this a mirage? Just good coaching? A rebuilt Baker who feels confident and "got his groove back"? I'm excited to see him in year two of this offense and with a healthy OBJ. I think he can be a backend top 10 QB next season, more likely to be #11-13 however.
12 team, .5PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)
QB: Purdy, Zach Wilson, Hendon Hooker, Aidan O'Connell, Stetson Bennett, Mariota, Trubisky
RB: KeAndre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Jordan Mason, Kevin Harris
WR: Tank Dell, Rashod Bateman, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney, Darnell Mooney, Michael Wilson, DJ Chark, Slayton, Robert Woods, Khalil Shakir
TE LaPorta, Kincaid, J Ferguson

2024 1st (3x)
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
———

QB: Burrow, Goff, Mayfield, Darnold, AOC, Jimmy G
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Prince, Jordon Mason, Ingram (AZ)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Jerry Jeudy, Keenan Allen, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Donovon Peoples-Jones
TE: TJ Hockson, Noah Fant, Likely

2024 2nd
2024 3rd

12 team, .5PPR, TE Premium, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)

ericp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Baker moving forward

Postby ericp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Think Stefanski can save him. A good draft next year could do wonders for the team. He's a QB2 that'll still be a little matchup dependent.
With so much QB turnover coming next year, I'd hold onto him.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Baker moving forward

Postby broncohead » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:11 pm

RoyalPalmer wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:59 pm I have a share of Baker and these past three weeks have me feeling much more confident in him. I feel a playoff win could go a long way in building his status around the league as a top 15 QB as well. The game script this year felt perfect for him. The run and defense won early games after his horrendous start. As the games started going in the favor of the Browns and the wins started piling up he began making more contested throws and using more time in the pocket rather than just handing it off to an RB. The last three weeks feel more like vintage Baker. I still see him making some poor decisions while scrambling under pressure but the o-line still has room to improve, especially on the left. He is also doing this with a somewhat poor receiving core.

How's everyone feeling, is this a mirage? Just good coaching? A rebuilt Baker who feels confident and "got his groove back"? I'm excited to see him in year two of this offense and with a healthy OBJ. I think he can be a backend top 10 QB next season, more likely to be #11-13 however.
He's a hold for sure. At least in my leagues he is. Highest offer was a random 2nd. He'll have to have a strong finish for his stock to go up. Theres times where I watch him and want to hold, then others I wish someone would just take him off of my hands.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd