TOP 10 SF QB's

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Tecmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

TOP 10 SF QB's

Postby Tecmo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am

Just wanted to get opinions on a Top 10 list for Dynasty Leagues - lets say for the next 5 years

1. Mahomes
2. Jackson
3. Kyler
4. Watson
5. Prescott
6. Wilson
7. Burrow
8. Allen
9. Herbert
10. Tua

Bubble - Goff, Jones, Darnold, Minshew ;)

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: TOP 10 SF QB's

Postby gpaok » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:48 pm

I agree with the names and most rankings. I would swap Wilson and Watson only.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:59 am

I think Dak is too high on that list. I'd rather have Wilson and Burrow, maybe a few others over him.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am

Jones and Darnold ranked that high? I own one Jones share and trying to move him before the offseason/draft. Not sure if they land 1.01 but if they do, they cannot pass on Lawrence imo. Same goes with Darnold and the Jets.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Until Tua starts playing meaningful minutes, I'm not putting him in there.

Darnold + Jones, ooof, those guys might be around but they'll be holding clipboards with their current trajectories.

Minshew started out hot, has cooled off and now we learn he has an injured throwing hand. Unless he turns his season around, he's blowing his long-term starter shot.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Wentz needs to be in there, and Tannehill should at least be on the bubble. I’d push Dak down given the contract and injury uncertainty.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm Wentz needs to be in there
Does he? He's as flawed as they come
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:06 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:53 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm Wentz needs to be in there
Does he? He's as flawed as they come
Wentz, Goff, and Tannehill are guys I'd personally have for the next 3. I've been trying to move Jones + for a number of QBs including Wentz with no luck. Wentz has his issues but he's not in jeopardy of losing his job like Jones/Darnold imo.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:09 am

For me, the list doesn’t really get all that interesting until QB7, with Mahomes as QB1 and a mishmash of Wilson, Watson, Murray, Jackson, and Prescott making up the QB2-QB6 slots (FWIW, Wilson is my QB2 on this 5yr list).

QB7 - Herbert. Most likely to crack the T6 of the guys left. He can get yards on the ground the same way Wilson does; it’s not a primary aspect of his game but he is willing and able when needed. He has just looked incredible since starting.

QB8 - Burrow. Still looks great. Probably the guy who will make the most of his arm limitations due to a borderline elite ability to read the field and make anticipatory throws.

QB9 - Lawrence. Hasn’t played a down in the NFL yet but I’m making an exception for him. Has a safe floor with his ability to run and looks to be one of the better, if not the best, all-around QB prospect of the past decade.

QB10 - there are lots of guys you could make an argument for here, but I’ll go with Wentz given age, past production, and upside. Wouldn’t be upset if people hated this as a QB10.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

smallyak49
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby smallyak49 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Mine is totally different, but for a 3-5 year outlook it would be as follows

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 1a: Russ, Kyler
Tier 2: Lamar, Watson, Rodgers
Tier 3: Allen, Herbert, Dak
Tier 4: Burrow

Bubble(and to round our my top 15): Tua, Tannehill, 1.01(Trevor), Goff, Darnold

Now for notes or some kind of explanation.
Mahomes - Future Goat, and in any 2QB, SF, or 6 pt pass td leagues he is my top asset at all positions

Russ - Age and poor defense and seattle liking to run the ball etc...I have heard it all and am even a niner fan who hates the hawks. Russ is incredible, and now has DK as an alpha for rest of his career as QB likely. Gimme him all day as 2nd behind Mahomes, until he proves otherwise.

Kyler - See my explanation for Lamar below, as to why I may eventually move Kyler to tier 2 if his legs are the main reason he looks elite in the end. However, with Nuk there as his alpha for the next few years at least, a coach that likes to sling it a ton, and a nice core...I can see him being the 2nd or 3rd after Mahomes for a long time.

Lamar - I am new to dynasty and even more new (or recent return) to these threads. But I have always considered Lamar overrated as a passer and leader in clutch time, and when have running qbs with little consistency in the pass game lasted as elite fantasy options for 5-7 years (2 already and my 3-5 range for this list). Lamar's good rookie year and MVP 2nd year reminds me a little of Cam's MVP and super bowl year, Kaepernicks hot start when replacing smith, rg3 rookie year etc. Elite rushing making someone have a great year or 2 as a qb, and then either injuries, poor passing skills and/or smarts, or video tape cause them to fade away from that elite status

Watson - With BOB gone, if his weapons stay healthy and they add some younger weapons and an improved O line, he can move ahead of Lamar eventually. However, if his WRs face injury bugs or their O line worsens, depending on the new coach next year, he may drop into tier 3. We shall see...

Rodgers - If Brady and Brees at 43 and 41 can still play for contenders, put up some solid fantasy weeks....how the hell won't rodgers remain an elite passer until he is 40? Until he proves otherwise, I still consider him among the best and believe he remains that way for 3-5 more seasons. His age and the packers refusal to provide more help than just Davante is the only thing holding me back from putting him in a higher tier

Allen - Still a bit inconsistent for my liking, but his mvp caliber season along with his improvements in other aspects but the run game make him nearly in tier 2 because of his rushing capability. If he keeps growing, he may make it there someday.

Herbert - Looks like a stud to me in the small sample, and if Chargers build a good team around him in the future and replace lynn, he will rise quickly. I wish I had stock in him in either of my leagues

Dak - I always thought he was not as elite as the others, but just put up stats like them due to elite o line and zeke. However, the injury and mccarthy make me worried so I cannot put him any higher till next year

Burrow - Looks very good for a rookie, but the bungles never produce elite qbs....so do not wanna hype him too much, until I ensure he keeps them decent and the bungles don't ruin him lol

Tua - Too small sample to put him in top 10 for me, but looked good sunday

Tannehill - The disrespect he gets is crazy. He escaped the gase problem, replace an overrated mariotta, and he has been one of the most productive QBs since then and the Titans a top 6 or 7 team since then. Until he regresses to the mean that the haters think he will get to, or proves he is closer to the gase ran miami qb bust than the tannehill of the last 20 games starter, I cannot say he isnt a top 15 dynasty qb and top 12 qb right now.

Trevor - No NFL snap, but high prospect hype makes me think whereever he ends up he can be top 15 right away due to floor. However, if Woody Johnson does not fire gase and they get him, it may take longer for him to elevate

Goff - Ugliest name on the list, I know. But for SF he is a nice floor and probably a top 15 to start at SF if starting a qb. But wouldnt have him on this for qb1 slot

Darnold - just a guess here, that he ends up elsewhere when jets fire gase and draft trevor. That alone plus his age, I think he can produce and maybe improve in a new scenario (the next tannehill situation cuz of the gase factor maybe?)

Alright rant over, nice discussion

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:45 pm

I have to wonder why Watson is rated so low by most? To put Kyler or Jackson ahead of him makes me confused.

He just put up 4500 yards throwing to Cooks and a bunch of no names for the 2nd half of the season while having virtually no offensive line. The guy has proven he's elite.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1