Dalton - do you think he holds the Dallas job long term?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Dalton - do you think he holds the Dallas job long term?

Postby Wizard » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:46 pm

I've got Dalton in my SF league and have had a few low ball offers for him, at least I think their low (2nd round picks). I think he has a decent chance of keeping the job in Dallas. He's an average to above average QB with the best weapons than he's ever had and if he produces and wins why wouldn't Jones consider him. I doubt he would be asking for the crazy money Dak was. Lets face it, Dak was 1 and 3 and should have been 0-4 with that insane Atlanta on-side kick brain fart. Do you think Jones is going to shell out a 40 million a season contract to Dak if he can get Dalton for quite a bit less if Dalton is winning games? Plus there is the possibility the ankle injury makes Dak less effective. They could try to get Dak to take a 1 year prove it contract but will he take one and if your winning with Dalton can you let him walk. What do you think?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dalton - do you think he holds the Dallas job long term?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Regardless of whether he's their long term guy, in a SF he has to be worth at least a late 1st right? He's basically like the James Robinson or Kareem Hunt of SF, in my opinion. A guy whose value will likely never be higher than the next 10 weeks, but for the time being should be an every week starter (and his supporting cast is freaking stacked)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm

No I don't think he holds the job in dallas. That being said he has it this year, with those weapons. A first should be sufficient to get him and a reasonable price to sell him at.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:46 pm I've got Dalton in my SF league and have had a few low ball offers for him, at least I think their low (2nd round picks). I think he has a decent chance of keeping the job in Dallas. He's an average to above average QB with the best weapons than he's ever had and if he produces and wins why wouldn't Jones consider him. I doubt he would be asking for the crazy money Dak was. Lets face it, Dak was 1 and 3 and should have been 0-4 with that insane Atlanta on-side kick brain fart. Do you think Jones is going to shell out a 40 million a season contract to Dak if he can get Dalton for quite a bit less if Dalton is winning games? Plus there is the possibility the ankle injury makes Dak less effective. They could try to get Dak to take a 1 year prove it contract but will he take one and if your winning with Dalton can you let him walk. What do you think?
I’m 90% sure they will extend Dak. The losses didn’t have anything to do with him, he had 9/4 TD Int ratio, 3 rushing TDS, 1 receiving TD was on pace to shatter the all time passing yardage record. A lot of people say they should’ve been this or that record wise but you can also look at it from the other point of view, they lost by one score to the 4-1 Rams and would’ve been in position to win after Gallup’s catch but was called for a very iffy offensive pass interference call. Lost by one score to the Seahawks, who are 5-0 and even had the lead late in the game. Lost to the Browns, who are 4-1 and lost the turnover battle 3-0 and still made a game of it. If they can’t come to an agreement on an extension, they can franchise him for 38 million, which of course isn’t ideal but there’s no way they let him just walk after this offseason. The only reason that I said I’m 90% sure is because “if” they don’t extend him before next season, which I think they will but if they don’t, they’ll franchise him and if for some reason his ankle limits him, then maybe there’s a small chance but I don’t think there’s much of a chance of this happening.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:05 pm

No.

The only way Dak isn't the longterm starter in Dallas is if they have a poor enough season to be in position to grab one of the top 3 QBs in the draft, and decide to go that direction to reset the clock on handing out big money to the QB position.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 pm

No. He's the starter this year and may earn a contract elsewhere though.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:29 pm

I think the franchise tag is a good possibility but it comes with a big risk, if Dalton does well and they franchise Dak, Dalton will go elsewhere. If Dak doesn't play well on the franchise tag Dallas is screwed, now they don't have a QB. That's why I think if Dalton does well and will take less than Dak was looking for, considerably less, that will put Dallas in a much better state to make other moves (Dalton is from from TX too). I get the losses were not Daks fault but if they can keep scoring at or close to what Dak was doing or just win a lot more games while paying 10s of millions less why wouldn't they. Dalton is 31 so a four year contract after this season only gets him to 36, fairly young for a qb. Having said all that I too believe he's worth at least a 1st now and if he manages to become the long term Dallas QB he's worth multiple 1sts. And that leaves me with do I trade him or hold and hope for the jackpot?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:29 pm I think the franchise tag is a good possibility but it comes with a big risk, if Dalton does well and they franchise Dak, Dalton will go elsewhere. If Dak doesn't play well on the franchise tag Dallas is screwed, now they don't have a QB. That's why I think if Dalton does well and will take less than Dak was looking for, considerably less, that will put Dallas in a much better state to make other moves (Dalton is from from TX too). I get the losses were not Daks fault but if they can keep scoring at or close to what Dak was doing or just win a lot more games while paying 10s of millions less why wouldn't they. Dalton is 31 so a four year contract after this season only gets him to 36, fairly young for a qb. Having said all that I too believe he's worth at least a 1st now and if he manages to become the long term Dallas QB he's worth multiple 1sts. And that leaves me with do I trade him or hold and hope for the jackpot?
Like others said, I would ask for a 1st and move him for that, if you can get an offer, otherwise, I’d keep him. I got him in one of my SF leagues too and thought I’d get some offers this week and so far, only got one offer, 2021 3rd, which was almost insulting. I’d rather just ride it out that he will land a starting spot somewhere, unless I’m offered something like a 2021 1st or equivalent to that.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:41 pm

If I'm not competing this year I'd probably let him go for a 2nd.

He's going to be a fringe QB1 this year, but that's not going to do you a whole lot of good if you're in a rebuild; and given the QB landscape of the NFL it's very unlikely he's going to find himself at the head of a QB chair next season.

No one should give a 1st for a QB like that given the unsure nature of this season.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Dalton will be the starter this year. Dalton is a back up QB at this point. He isn't close to Dak in overall talent.

Ride him this year. If he does well he may have a shot someplace next year but it won't be as the starter in Dallas. Dak is the guy in Dallas and if for some strange reason he is not he will be traded and Dallas will try to move way up in the draft.

Dalton turns 33 in a couple of weeks. He is no Rodgers or Brady
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Hahaha... no.

He's not some young pup superstar. He's just an experienced backup at this point. He was never great, though he was sometimes a good fantasy QB.

The next Ryan Tannehill? Don't see it happening again, that's like lightning striking twice.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Little to no chance.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Lot of people calling this guy a career backup now, but lets not forget - he was a top-10 fantasy staple this last decade when he had the weapons. Tyler Boyd's 2016 rookie season with a healthy AJ Green - Andy put up a 300pt fantasy season in 6pt. For my money, I think this Dallas supporting cast is infinitely superior to that group too - not a hot take to say I'd vastly prefer Rookie Ceedee Lamb over Rookie Tyler Boyd. I also think Kellen Moore's system might be low-key the best fit for Andy ever in his career. So sue me, but the Bengals didn't exactly scream "offensive innovation" during the Marv Lewis era.

I don't think he keeps the Dallas job unless the Dak negotiations go truly sour; arguably Dak getting injured means he may actually be more willing to compromise on the final figure and meet Jerry halfway. We'll see on that front. But to the people saying Dalton is done, I would perhaps just hold fire on that judgement... certainly for another week, becaaaause...

To anyone getting offers - you should hold for at least this week. Dallas, the #2 team in plays per game - are about to go up against the Cardinals, the #1 team in plays/pace per game. Both defenses are poor and porous. This game is going to be absolutely statistically juiced. The narratives I've outlined above plus hopefully a good ceiling game this weekend should help get your negotiations to a late first from any desperate contenders.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 pm

No I think Blake will probably get the starting gig back next year so long as he doesn't have any major setbacks with the knee.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:16 pm

YES! And I'm definitely not saying that because I'm trying to sell Dalton for absolutely the most picks I can possibly get. (I'd say hell no but Jerry Jones is crazy and there is certainly a chance that he decides the money savings is worth letting Dak go.)
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton