What would you do with my team?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

What would you do with my team?

Postby burntfire » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Team in sig.

I came in 2nd overall points in the regular season but fizzled out in the playoffs.

Who would you aim to trade for/away?
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: What would you do with my team?

Postby Eight7Seven » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 pm

So your team feels to be caught in an awkward place. You have an incredibly young wide receiver pool, with high end talent. But most of them aren't really in their primes yet, and aren't geared to help you win now.

Your quarterback group is mixed with Ryan a key piece for a win now team, but without the horses around him to push for the gold. I don't personally believe in Sam Darnold, so I think he'll underperform as a QB2 and leave your group in a pad situation, if he finds himself without a job in the not so distant future.

Your RB corps took massive blows in 2020, with Mack's value plummeting and RoJo potential being squelched in Tampa's push for Brady's seventh ring.

You have lots of potential at tight end, but nothing stable or reliably startable.

If I was you I'd probably fully commit to a rebuild, and start trying to accumulate future draft picks and prospects for your veterans.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Postby dynastysports » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:36 pm

Eight7Seven wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 pm So your team feels to be caught in an awkward place. You have an incredibly young wide receiver pool, with high end talent. But most of them aren't really in their primes yet, and aren't geared to help you win now.

Your quarterback group is mixed with Ryan a key piece for a win now team, but without the horses around him to push for the gold. I don't personally believe in Sam Darnold, so I think he'll underperform as a QB2 and leave your group in a pad situation, if he finds himself without a job in the not so distant future.

Your RB corps took massive blows in 2020, with Mack's value plummeting and RoJo potential being squelched in Tampa's push for Brady's seventh ring.

You have lots of potential at tight end, but nothing stable or reliably startable.

If I was you I'd probably fully commit to a rebuild, and start trying to accumulate future draft picks and prospects for your veterans.
I agree here. Although with your young core at WR I don't think it will be a long rebuild. Sell any vet you can get anything for.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Eight7Seven wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 pm So your team feels to be caught in an awkward place. You have an incredibly young wide receiver pool, with high end talent. But most of them aren't really in their primes yet, and aren't geared to help you win now.

Believe it or not I took this team over last year in a MUCH worse situation. My team was slated for the 2nd worst points for the year so I did an on the fly re-build to what it is now and ended up 2nd best.

I hadn't actually considered another year of re-building so that's interesting.

I'm in talks with the owner of Joe Burrow and he's interested in Darnold + Mack + John Brown but hasn't committed; that's obviously a snap accept.

Evan Engram owner is looking to move him and he happens to own AJ Dillon. What would you offer? Or is Engram worth going after?

Of my older guys, do you think I could get actual value from them?

WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:42 am

Turning Darnold, Brown and Mack into Borrow would be a great for you, I hope it works out. I'm a huge believer in Engram, if you can get a discount due to his injury history, I'd definitely go for it.

AJ Dillon is exactly the kind of target I'd be aiming for. Young with a load of potential, but enough obstacles in his path to keep his value depressed for a contender. You know your league better than us, but I definitely feel there should be market for Marvin Jones. He's a key piece of my receiver depth on one of my contending teams.

Brown and DeSean might be harder to move, but if you are patient there will be a moment when you can cash out on them. Either after a nice performamce, or when contender loses some guys due to injury. You're not going to get high in prospects by any means, but you should be able to pick up a couple young post hype sleepers. Boykin/Cambell/RoJo types depending on how their season are going.

Ryan is obviously the highest value veteran on your team, but unless you can get a young QB in return (which would likely neuter the trades ability to help you) I'm not confident enough in Darnold to lose Matty Ice. Hopefully that Burrow deal works out, and then you could bide your time and cash out big on Ryan at some point. I was able to sell Rogers before the deadline last year to an owner who shoved all in on 2019, and then lost Ben and Stafford.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:32 pm

Fantastic!

Sometimes it's great to hear a 3rd party opinion as I can get a bit attached to some of my pieces/team.

After stepping back and looking at my team I believe that you're correct about getting a bit younger to compete at a high level the next few years.

Targets are Burrow, Dillon, and Engram are my top targets to go for.

Thank you so much.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:03 am

Burrow would be a massive upgrade from what we have seen in this years small sample. In a 2 QB league where QBs are easy to get only via draft that should carry you for years. I also like your WR core. Another thing to try is selling a RB like Bell to a contender for a good draft pick if he comes back strong the next few weeks!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson