top 12 Superflex Rookie draft

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

top 12 Superflex Rookie draft

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 am

reason i ask is because i own the #1 overall pick and this is my first year playing in a dynasty Superflex. this is a big draft for me and im contemplating trading back.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: top 12 Superflex Rookie draft

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:05 am

off the top of my head

Burrow
CEH
Tua
Dobbins
Swift
JT
Lamb
Akers
Vaughn
Pittman
Ruggs
Reagor
Aiyuk
Last edited by straightcashhomie831 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

RockandRollJames
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RockandRollJames » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:47 pm

My opinion:

1. Joe Burrow
2. Tua Tagovailoa
3. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
4. CeeDee Lamb
5. Jonathan Taylor
6. D’Andre Swift
7. Jerry Jeudy
8. Cam Akers
9. JK Dobbins
10. Justin Jefferson
11. Henry Ruggs
12. Justin Herbert

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Burrow
Tua
Taylor
CEH
--------------------
Dobbins
Swift
Akers
--------------------
Reagor
Jeudy
Lamb
--------------------
Vaughn
Herbert
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:59 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 am reason i ask is because i own the #1 overall pick and this is my first year playing in a dynasty Superflex. this is a big draft for me and im contemplating trading back.
What's your roster look like? Burrow is an obvious choice at 1.01 but if you're not QB needy and another team is, I'd definitely explore trading out because the value for me in this draft is the 1.06 - 1.12 range.

Burrow, Tua, CEH and Taylor are your top 4, in some order, then Swift and Dobbins to round out the top 6.

If you're sat with multiple picks back half of the first (which is what you should look at getting from the 1.01) you're looking at Akers/Jeudy/Lamb/Reagor and Herbert is you need a QB.
Superflex, PPR. Start 1-2QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR & 1-2TE

QB: Watson, Herbert, Lance, Bridgewater, Minshew
RB: McCaffrey, Ekeler, Hines, Fournette, Hyde, J Williams,
WR: Diggs, Lamb, Hilton, Mims, Crowder, Reynolds, G Davis, Washington, Watkins
TE: Kittle, Hooper

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 am

UkColt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:59 am
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 am reason i ask is because i own the #1 overall pick and this is my first year playing in a dynasty Superflex. this is a big draft for me and im contemplating trading back.
What's your roster look like? Burrow is an obvious choice at 1.01 but if you're not QB needy and another team is, I'd definitely explore trading out because the value for me in this draft is the 1.06 - 1.12 range.

Burrow, Tua, CEH and Taylor are your top 4, in some order, then Swift and Dobbins to round out the top 6.

If you're sat with multiple picks back half of the first (which is what you should look at getting from the 1.01) you're looking at Akers/Jeudy/Lamb/Reagor and Herbert is you need a QB.
My QBs are: Rodgers, Tannehill, Daniel Jones, Mariota. They are ok but i could use another. Compared to some other teams im good. Thinking i will just take a stab at Jordan Love late since i already have Rodgers.

My Rbs are trash. Kerryon, Coleman, Breida, Freeman, Hyde are the only ones worth noting. So obviously i need RB help more than a QB. I feel i need to come out of this draft with a top 4 RB for sure but i dont want to draft one at #1.

hardest part for me is gauging the value of the #1 overall pick. no one has multiple 1st round picks

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:38 am

If you're set on a top 4 RB then you'll probably not want to go back beyond 1.06 or 1.07. So go through the rosters of every owner of those picks and see who you'd like, or who might be out of favour, and see what you can put together. Or, find the team most in need of a QB and strike up a chat. They're probably jealously looking at the 1.01 thinking they will never get it.

If you can't trade out, I'd take Burrow and then look to flip Tannehill or Jones for a RB. Don't get cute with the 1.01.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 am

My QBs are: Rodgers, Tannehill, Daniel Jones, Mariota. They are ok but i could use another. Compared to some other teams im good. Thinking i will just take a stab at Jordan Love late since i already have Rodgers.

My Rbs are trash. Kerryon, Coleman, Breida, Freeman, Hyde are the only ones worth noting. So obviously i need RB help more than a QB. I feel i need to come out of this draft with a top 4 RB for sure but i dont want to draft one at #1.

hardest part for me is gauging the value of the #1 overall pick. no one has multiple 1st round picks
You need to take Burrow here imo. Tannehill will never be anything more than QB2, Rodgers will probably never again be a top 5 fantasy QB (Packers fan btw), Jones is still unknown and Mariota is...Mariota.

Your RB are trash but Breida could come into a favorable situation in Miami, Coleman could bounce back and Kerryon is in a make / break season. QB is where the value is at in superflex. ANYONE moving up to 1.1 (or trying) is doing so for Burrow, not a RB. If you have the first pick in the 2nd rd, you will still easily have a shot at Zack Moss or AJ Dillon.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:44 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 am
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 am

You need to take Burrow here imo. Tannehill will never be anything more than QB2, Rodgers will probably never again be a top 5 fantasy QB (Packers fan btw), Jones is still unknown and Mariota is...Mariota.

Your RB are trash but Breida could come into a favorable situation in Miami, Coleman could bounce back and Kerryon is in a make / break season. QB is where the value is at in superflex. ANYONE moving up to 1.1 (or trying) is doing so for Burrow, not a RB. If you have the first pick in the 2nd rd, you will still easily have a shot at Zack Moss or AJ Dillon.
thanks man. i guess im gonna just go Burrow. I think im going to take a wr at 2.1 and 3.1 though...feel like i can get a solid WRs there. I will probably end up throwing a few lottery tickets late...

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:44 pm

You'll definitely have solid WR options at 2.01 in a SF. Ignoring WRs, the first round of a SF should contain:

Burrow, Tua & Herbert.
CEH, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins & Akers.

That is 8 picks already. Jeudy and Lamb takes you to 10, and then you're into the Reagor/Higgins/Mims/Pittman/Ruggs/Jefferson tier. You're guaranteed to get one of those players.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:58 pm

UkColt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:44 pm You'll definitely have solid WR options at 2.01 in a SF. Ignoring WRs, the first round of a SF should contain:

Burrow, Tua & Herbert.

That is 8 picks already. Jeudy and Lamb takes you to 10, and then you're into the Reagor/Higgins/Mims/Pittman/Ruggs/Jefferson tier. You're guaranteed to get one of those players.
if i do trade back do you think it would be a good idea to take Swift even if i have Kerryon? I feel like Swift will win the lead role. honestly i think Swift is the #1 RB in this draft still.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 am

What’s the ruling on the 2 spot? Still Tua or is CEH too hard to pass up?

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:26 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:58 pm
UkColt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:44 pm You'll definitely have solid WR options at 2.01 in a SF. Ignoring WRs, the first round of a SF should contain:

Burrow, Tua & Herbert.

if i do trade back do you think it would be a good idea to take Swift even if i have Kerryon? I feel like Swift will win the lead role. honestly i think Swift is the #1 RB in this draft still.
I don't think the Lions spend a premium pick on a RB if they're expecting a timeshare, so I wouldn't let Johnson cloud your judgement on Swift. Likewise with the Colts and Taylor/Mack. Even if there is some splitting early on, both Swift and Taylor are more talented than Johnson/Mack. The only thing will be the frustration of owning both when they vulture each other at the goal line.

Swift is RB3 for me, after CEH and Taylor.

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am

Generic Username wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 am What’s the ruling on the 2 spot? Still Tua or is CEH too hard to pass up?
It's Tua for me just because I think he'll be a high-level starter for years and that is very valuable in SF, but I can absolutely understand going CEH if you have a bigger need at RB. They're essentially a tie IMO.

I have the 1.03 in one of my leagues and will basically take whichever of them doesn't go 1.02 and be happy with it.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 am

Generic Username wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 am What’s the ruling on the 2 spot? Still Tua or is CEH too hard to pass up?
I'd be fine with Taylor or CEH over Tua due to the health concerns.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd