Strategies for Best Ball SuperFlex Start Up

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Strategies for Best Ball SuperFlex Start Up

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:58 am

So while I'm not new to dynasty leagues, I've never played in a best ball or super flex league. Any strategies or players that you really bump in this type of format? Starting lineups are 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 0te, 1 superflex (qb,rb/wr/te) and 3 regular flex (rb/wr/te) TE's also get 1.75 points per catch vs 1 point for RBs and WRs. As a general rule, do people go QB early even at the expense of missing out on top Rbs and WRs?

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Re: Strategies for Best Ball SuperFlex Start Up

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:03 pm

awwww crickets :boohoo:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:28 pm

I've never played in the format but I wonder if stacking players from the same team is possible. I.E. where it might be hard to predict WHO goes off, but you know that someone WILL go off. Now, you probably won't get to stack something like Evans / Godwin. But maybe Jones / Ridley? Or Moore / Samuel (a lesser example). Or maybe stack RB / WR combos that have high red zone usage. For example Lockett and his 23 red zone targets last year with Chris Carson and his 39 red zone carries.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it entirely. Maybe you have to balance the mix between "boom / bust" vs. "steady floor" type players.

Just trying to move the conversation along a bit. :D
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Thanks for the response. Anyone else have any suggestions? or even better, links to a completed best ball superflex draft?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:09 pm

new to best ball + TE premium dynasty as well so no track record of success but my general strategy was lock up QB + WR, get RBs in rookie drafts or acquire in season if my team is doing well and take shotgun approach to later round TEs. hit on mark andrews but wish I had chased even more TEs. also looks like a good year to be fishing for rookie RBs

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:39 pm

If you are picking on the back end of the order, would it be MURDER to take a QB and a TE since TE's get 1.75 PPR?? Man I wish I could find some mocks or completed drafts in this format but I just can't seem to find much of anything :wall: