Burrow vs. Tagovailoa

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Burrow vs. Tagovailoa

Postby ToddFarthouse » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 pm
PTW32 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 pm

This is a galaxy-brained take, as if “owning early picks in a good class” makes you bad at the format? Yikes.

I think that the risk we’re not considering with Burrow is that he really wasn’t any good until his age 23 season and lost a job to Dwayne Haskins. He could still absolutely be great, but I think it’s worth considering their entire collegiate careers. I do think that Tua's floor is lower given the injuries.
I don't think that comment was ment to imply he isnt good at the format. Rather that if he ranks Swift, Juedy or whoever over Burrow and is picking at 1.02 he should be letting everyone take Burrow at 1.01 instead of convincing them not to.
Huh. I read it completely the opposite way. I see what you’re saying. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.
I meant it as you read it but I was making a joke. Obviously not enough info from his post to say he is picking early because his team is garbage and not just young and building. BUT I do believe in both QBs in this class so, my opinion, his advice of passing on both of those players in a superflex is flawed. Thus the joke.

Also what does “Galaxy brained” mean? Is it like donkey brained? Because I have a certificate that says I am certifiably not Donkey Brained!
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:50 am

ToddFarthouse wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm Burrow for saftey, Tua for upside. I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format. It will surely depend on landing spot, but I just can't see myself passing on all of Jeudy, Lamb, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins. At least 1 or 2 or 3 will land in plumb situations. Not that I have the 1.01 anywhere, but I do have the 1.02 and 1.04 in SF leagues.
Might not want to be handing out advice then.
This is a galaxy-brained take, as if “owning early picks in a good class” makes you bad at the format? Yikes.

I think that the risk we’re not considering with Burrow is that he really wasn’t any good until his age 23 season and lost a job to Dwayne Haskins. He could still absolutely be great, but I think it’s worth considering their entire collegiate careers. I do think that Tua's floor is lower given the injuries.
Uh, Haskins as a RS sophomore put up 50 TD, 8 INT, on over 9 Y/A, and 4800+ yards. He was really good in college. There's no shame in losing out to him.

At this point, I'd argue that Burrow has the highest floor and the highest upside of any QB in this class. I don't see why anyone wouldn't choose him 1.01 in Superflex.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:01 am

And Burrow got hurt during his competition with Haskins, so Haskins obviously won the job and went on play incredibly well and there was no longer any question about whose job it was once Burrow was healthy. Things like that are going to happen at schools like OSU that are loaded with talent, some really talented players will get stuck behind other extremely talented players.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:37 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:50 am
ToddFarthouse wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Might not want to be handing out advice then.

Uh, Haskins as a RS sophomore put up 50 TD, 8 INT, on over 9 Y/A, and 4800+ yards. He was really good in college. There's no shame in losing out to him.

At this point, I'd argue that Burrow has the highest floor and the highest upside of any QB in this class. I don't see why anyone wouldn't choose him 1.01 in Superflex.
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Tua has the higher ceiling. He was putting up similar rate stats to Burrow in the same conference before getting hurt, and doing it at a younger age.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:03 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:01 am And Burrow got hurt during his competition with Haskins, so Haskins obviously won the job and went on play incredibly well and there was no longer any question about whose job it was once Burrow was healthy. Things like that are going to happen at schools like OSU that are loaded with talent, some really talented players will get stuck behind other extremely talented players.
A broken hand does tend to put a damper on competing for a starting job. Haskins performed so well with Urban’s offense that he was the presumptive starter the next season and it would’ve been an extreme uphill climb to unseat him. That was the main reason Burrow transferred. Believe me, many of us Buckeyes were rooting for the Athens, Ohio boy to lead the team, but there wasn’t much to say when Haskins performed the way he did.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:18 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:37 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:50 am

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Tua has the higher ceiling. He was putting up similar rate stats to Burrow in the same conference before getting hurt, and doing it at a younger age.
He didn't have the schedule LSU did, though. LSU beat 7 top 10 teams, and some top 5 D's along the way. Alabama skirts a lot of teams setting up their schedule. Head to head, Burrow was clearly the better player, too. When the competition levels, against better teams, Tua has struggled the past few year, where as Burrow has been dominant. Tua could certainly have the higher upside, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:31 am

I’m thinking about taking Burrow as early as 1.09 to 2.01, which are the picks on my two teams in a QB1. The guy was pretty amazing against a tough schedule and will have decent receivers and a good back in Cinnci. The key is the O Line.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:54 pm

it should also be noted that Burrow had efficiency AND volume. Tua only had 684 attempts in 3 seasons vs burrow 527 last year

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm Burrow for saftey, Tua for upside. I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format. It will surely depend on landing spot, but I just can't see myself passing on all of Jeudy, Lamb, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins. At least 1 or 2 or 3 will land in plumb situations. Not that I have the 1.01 anywhere, but I do have the 1.02 and 1.04 in SF leagues.
Right. Disregard that the two best QB prospects since Andrew Luck are coming out... Best SF advice I've seen on here in awhile.
I’m maybe not the best person to question this, but are Burrow and Tua really the best two prospects since Luck? Since that draft we have Mariota, Winston, Mayfield, Darnold, and Murray, all of whom were consensus T3 picks. Maybe you can make the case for Burrow, but saying Tua is the most hyped prospect since Luck seems like hyperbole considering he isn’t even a lock to go T3 this draft.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:24 am

blemly wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:11 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 pm
Right. Disregard that the two best QB prospects since Andrew Luck are coming out... Best SF advice I've seen on here in awhile.
I’m maybe not the best person to question this, but are Burrow and Tua really the best two prospects since Luck? Since that draft we have Mariota, Winston, Mayfield, Darnold, and Murray, all of whom were consensus T3 picks. Maybe you can make the case for Burrow, but saying Tua is the most hyped prospect since Luck seems like hyperbole considering he isn’t even a lock to go T3 this draft.
His injuries are the only reason Tua isn't neck and neck with Burrow, I never saw this much hype for Mariota/Winston also I was Mayfields biggest fan and but he was never at Burrows level or even Tua pre injury.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:58 pm

there hasn't been a QB that had the total package since Luck so you could make an argument for Burrow or Tua. I'd personally say Kyler and I'm still not sure why Deshaun Watson didn't go top 3. Leonard Fournette lol

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:09 pm

to the question, i think you've gotta hit at 1.1 and tua's injury history, even before the hip, were concerning. i'd go burrow
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock