Very Early Question about 1.06

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Very Early Question about 1.06

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:11 am

This thread is quite an example of landing spots inflating a players draft position, hello CEH..... Even in s SF, I take Dobbins pretty easily here.

edit: this is with the assumption JT goes at 5
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:09 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:11 am This thread is quite an example of landing spots inflating a players draft position, hello CEH..... Even in s SF, I take Dobbins pretty easily here.

edit: this is with the assumption JT goes at 5
Yeah I’ve been going back and forth between dobbins and Swift. I know 1 of the two will be there for me at 6

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Not sure I'd take Herbert in a 10 team league.

I had the choice of Dobbins and Swift in both of my leagues and went Dobbins. May have to wait a year, but think he'll produce and should have great value then.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am

I was at the 1.07, shaky QB situation (Goff, Rivers, Minshew, Trubisky), and opted to go Swift over Herbert. Grabbing Hurts in the 3rd made me feel "more" comfortable with that decision.

I think you have to be very realistic about what the expectations are for your team. If you are capable of winning the 'ship, I think you continue to load up on players that can help you do that. Outside of Burrow (mainly because of his weapons/mobility), I'm not sure I see a ton of YR1 upside in Tua or Herbert. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, Herbert takes over and clicks with all the talent around him.

Wilson/Cousins/Minshew/Teddy? I think you can easily roll with what you have in 2020 and worry about 2021 if Teddy/Minshew get replaced. Of course, we'll have to wait and see how good these RB's are but taking Herbert that early (1.04/1.05), in this draft, feels like a big mistake.

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:19 am

IR1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:12 pm Not sure I'd take Herbert in a 10 team league.

I had the choice of Dobbins and Swift in both of my leagues and went Dobbins. May have to wait a year, but think he'll produce and should have great value then.
Thanks yeah I'm fully on the dobbins/swift train and leaning towards dobbins. Appreciate the response!

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:20 am

Servo wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am I was at the 1.07, shaky QB situation (Goff, Rivers, Minshew, Trubisky), and opted to go Swift over Herbert. Grabbing Hurts in the 3rd made me feel "more" comfortable with that decision.

I think you have to be very realistic about what the expectations are for your team. If you are capable of winning the 'ship, I think you continue to load up on players that can help you do that. Outside of Burrow (mainly because of his weapons/mobility), I'm not sure I see a ton of YR1 upside in Tua or Herbert. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, Herbert takes over and clicks with all the talent around him.

Wilson/Cousins/Minshew/Teddy? I think you can easily roll with what you have in 2020 and worry about 2021 if Teddy/Minshew get replaced. Of course, we'll have to wait and see how good these RB's are but taking Herbert that early (1.04/1.05), in this draft, feels like a big mistake.
My team is a contender for the ship (need my defense to step it up). depending on how bad the Jags and Panthers are, theres the chance they both get replaced. I'm leaning dobbins towards swift. thanks