Jacoby Brissett value

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
joeya2001
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:51 am

Kittenmittens wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 am
He's QB 10 in one format I play in and QB14 in another.

I also don't think the sell window closes soon. In fact, it probably really hasn't opened yet because he's worth two firsts at this point. He was worth 1 first before the season... Before he proved it on the field this time around.
Hes doing very well right now. The Colts really like and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
I agree his sell window isn't there because of his name, I would hold him all season long see where he finished and go from there, the colts invested a lot in the O-Line and is showing.

More valuable to keep unless someone pays a 1st, but I don't see that.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs

QB- Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Jimmy G,
RB- Nick Chubb, Sony Michael, Matt Berida, Chase Edmonds
WR- OBJ, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Preston Wilson, Corey Davis, Josh GOrdon
TE- George Kittle,Darren Waller
"When we die we go bye bye"
Abe Lincolns

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 am

pros: the extension. OL, running game and defense. only 26. useful rushing contribution.
cons: terrible receiving options with TY banged up, below average with him. numbers don't add up.

He is on pace for 3,644 passing yards and 40 touchdowns. I believe one of those numbers is far more likely end of season. There is also the really poor 6.6 ypa. I could see him being a Dalton/Flacco level producer for the next 5 years, which is fine and useful but I think he has more market value now with that new car smell. I lean he is a sell, for now.

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby blemly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm

joeya2001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:51 am
Kittenmittens wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 am
He's QB 10 in one format I play in and QB14 in another.

I also don't think the sell window closes soon. In fact, it probably really hasn't opened yet because he's worth two firsts at this point. He was worth 1 first before the season... Before he proved it on the field this time around.
Hes doing very well right now. The Colts really like and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
I agree his sell window isn't there because of his name, I would hold him all season long see where he finished and go from there, the colts invested a lot in the O-Line and is showing.

More valuable to keep unless someone pays a 1st, but I don't see that.
At this point I don't think owner's would move him for just a 1st. He is the QB8 in the league where I own him right now. I don't even need him to finish the season that high for his value to creep closer to 2 1sts.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston, Darnold
RB: Zeke, DJ, Kerryon, Hill, Singletary
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Hilton, M. Williams, Pettis, Washington, A. Brown, Boykin
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Driskel
RB: KJ, Drake, Walton, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Pettis, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Williams, Guice, Penny, Armstead, Walton
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Allison, Goodwin, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Hines, Hill, J. Williams
WR: Hill, Lockett, AJB, Boykin, Richardson, McLaurin, Cobb, D. Thomas
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:26 pm

blemly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm
joeya2001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:51 am
Kittenmittens wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 am
He's QB 10 in one format I play in and QB14 in another.

I also don't think the sell window closes soon. In fact, it probably really hasn't opened yet because he's worth two firsts at this point. He was worth 1 first before the season... Before he proved it on the field this time around.
Hes doing very well right now. The Colts really like and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
I agree his sell window isn't there because of his name, I would hold him all season long see where he finished and go from there, the colts invested a lot in the O-Line and is showing.

More valuable to keep unless someone pays a 1st, but I don't see that.
At this point I don't think owner's would move him for just a 1st. He is the QB8 in the league where I own him right now. I don't even need him to finish the season that high for his value to creep closer to 2 1sts.
sustainable production - [ ]

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby blemly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 am

Krypto_King wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:26 pm
blemly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm
joeya2001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:51 am


Hes doing very well right now. The Colts really like and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
I agree his sell window isn't there because of his name, I would hold him all season long see where he finished and go from there, the colts invested a lot in the O-Line and is showing.

More valuable to keep unless someone pays a 1st, but I don't see that.
At this point I don't think owner's would move him for just a 1st. He is the QB8 in the league where I own him right now. I don't even need him to finish the season that high for his value to creep closer to 2 1sts.
sustainable production - [ ]
No I agree, but he is in a good enough situation that his stats will continue to be somewhat inflated imo. Will he throw 40 TDs this year? No way, but he doesn’t need to for his value to continue to creep upward.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston, Darnold
RB: Zeke, DJ, Kerryon, Hill, Singletary
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Hilton, M. Williams, Pettis, Washington, A. Brown, Boykin
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Driskel
RB: KJ, Drake, Walton, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Pettis, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Williams, Guice, Penny, Armstead, Walton
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Allison, Goodwin, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Hines, Hill, J. Williams
WR: Hill, Lockett, AJB, Boykin, Richardson, McLaurin, Cobb, D. Thomas
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm

national TV game this week should propel this one way or another. you guys know your leagues better than I can, I just don't see players like Derek Carr ever traded for multiple 1sts. As the public raises their expectations for Brissett, they will realize his production just isn't that good.

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby blemly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Krypto_King wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
national TV game this week should propel this one way or another. you guys know your leagues better than I can, I just don't see players like Derek Carr ever traded for multiple 1sts. As the public raises their expectations for Brissett, they will realize his production just isn't that good.
I’ll just point out that you could have sold Carr for closer to 3 1sts at one point in his career. Brissett doesn’t need to be good forever for his value to rise above the QB22-30 range of guys worth around a 1st like Dalton, Carr, Foles, etc.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston, Darnold
RB: Zeke, DJ, Kerryon, Hill, Singletary
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Hilton, M. Williams, Pettis, Washington, A. Brown, Boykin
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Driskel
RB: KJ, Drake, Walton, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Pettis, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Williams, Guice, Penny, Armstead, Walton
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Allison, Goodwin, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Hines, Hill, J. Williams
WR: Hill, Lockett, AJB, Boykin, Richardson, McLaurin, Cobb, D. Thomas
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4

User avatar
moishetreats
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4489
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby moishetreats » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 pm

blemly wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
national TV game this week should propel this one way or another. you guys know your leagues better than I can, I just don't see players like Derek Carr ever traded for multiple 1sts. As the public raises their expectations for Brissett, they will realize his production just isn't that good.
I’ll just point out that you could have sold Carr for closer to 3 1sts at one point in his career. Brissett doesn’t need to be good forever for his value to rise above the QB22-30 range of guys worth around a 1st like Dalton, Carr, Foles, etc.
Brissett is one if not two full tiers higher than Dalton, Carr, Foles, etc. The market for those lesser QBs shouldn't dictate the market for Brissett. He's that much better, both as an NFL and as a fantasy football QB.
www.fantasyfootballforever.com - SF/2QB website

10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex

QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz, Brissett, Daniel
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Mixon, Breida, M Brown, Armstead, Edwards
WR: Hill, Cooper, Hilton, Edelman, Anderson, Meyers, Slayton, Lazard, Pascal
TE: Kelce, Henry, Herndon, Goedert, J Smith, Ellison

2020: 3rd, 4thx2, 5thx3
2021: 2ndx2, 3rd, 5thx2



12 tms 22 plyrs {IR} [Taxi]. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex/ best ball

QB: Brees ($34 through 2020), Winston (2/19), Garappolo (5/20), Brissett (1/21)
RB: Barkley (38/22) Conner (4/19), A Jones (10/19), Mixon (30/20), Lindsay (11/21) {R Anderson (3/21)}, [Dex Williams (4/23), Barnes (1/23), Higdon (1/23), Gaskins (1/23)]
WR: Smith-Schuster, (19/19), Cooper, ($28/20), Allen (29/21), R Anderson (3/21), Ginn (1/19), Meyers (1/21), Gabriel (1/19), Gage (1/19), Hall (1/19) {Patrick (1/19)}
TE: Ertz (22/21), Goedert (8/22), Cook (1/19), Doyle (1/19)
Total+dead cap hits $299

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:53 pm

moishetreats wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 pm
blemly wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
national TV game this week should propel this one way or another. you guys know your leagues better than I can, I just don't see players like Derek Carr ever traded for multiple 1sts. As the public raises their expectations for Brissett, they will realize his production just isn't that good.
I’ll just point out that you could have sold Carr for closer to 3 1sts at one point in his career. Brissett doesn’t need to be good forever for his value to rise above the QB22-30 range of guys worth around a 1st like Dalton, Carr, Foles, etc.
Brissett is one if not two full tiers higher than Dalton, Carr, Foles, etc. The market for those lesser QBs shouldn't dictate the market for Brissett. He's that much better, both as an NFL and as a fantasy football QB.
sure, except no. What does he have going for his performance besides an unsustainable TD rate and good INT-rate over a small sample size?

Kittenmittens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Kittenmittens » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:09 pm

I sold him.

Got 2 late 1sts in one league.

Got a mid 1st in another.

Both 12 team superflex.

I'm pretty happy with that considering I got him for nothing off waivers before the Luck news.

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby blemly » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Kittenmittens wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:09 pm
I sold him.

Got 2 late 1sts in one league.

Got a mid 1st in another.

Both 12 team superflex.

I'm pretty happy with that considering I got him for nothing off waivers before the Luck news.
I'm currently trying to trade him for Waller + D. Henry in 1 league, so this is a helpful guidepost.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston, Darnold
RB: Zeke, DJ, Kerryon, Hill, Singletary
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Hilton, M. Williams, Pettis, Washington, A. Brown, Boykin
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Driskel
RB: KJ, Drake, Walton, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Pettis, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Williams, Guice, Penny, Armstead, Walton
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Allison, Goodwin, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Hines, Hill, J. Williams
WR: Hill, Lockett, AJB, Boykin, Richardson, McLaurin, Cobb, D. Thomas
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 am

Don't follow IND but it would seem like he's playing well, and the Colts are a good team.

You'd probably have to hold him unless you get blown away by an offer, it's looking likely that he keeps the job.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion


Mahomes, Stafford, Mariota, Flacco, Lock
Kerryon, Williams KCC, Hines, Love, Ozigbo, Adams, Barber, Burkhead, Martin, McGuire, Montgomery, Riddick, Wilson Jr.
Allen, Cooks, Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Thielen, Ross, Allison, Hamilton, Lasley
Kelce, Kittle

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby blemly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Servo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 am
Don't follow IND but it would seem like he's playing well, and the Colts are a good team.

You'd probably have to hold him unless you get blown away by an offer, it's looking likely that he keeps the job.
Agreed. Sticking with Colts, if someone offered you Marlon Mack for him in SF, would that be enough to trade him away? Seems close but I would lean Mack in that situation. At least I think.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston, Darnold
RB: Zeke, DJ, Kerryon, Hill, Singletary
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Hilton, M. Williams, Pettis, Washington, A. Brown, Boykin
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Driskel
RB: KJ, Drake, Walton, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Pettis, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Williams, Guice, Penny, Armstead, Walton
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Allison, Goodwin, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Hines, Hill, J. Williams
WR: Hill, Lockett, AJB, Boykin, Richardson, McLaurin, Cobb, D. Thomas
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4

User avatar
moishetreats
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4489
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Jacoby Brissett value

Postby moishetreats » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Jacoby Brissett is #9 (4 pts / passing TD, -1 pt / INT) in points per game.

He's closer to #3 in PPG than he is to #13.

And he's still in Frank Reich's offense with great skill positions around him and a fantastic offensive line. What else do you need to see? All the deals that I have read here are underselling, IMO.
www.fantasyfootballforever.com - SF/2QB website

10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex

QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz, Brissett, Daniel
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Mixon, Breida, M Brown, Armstead, Edwards
WR: Hill, Cooper, Hilton, Edelman, Anderson, Meyers, Slayton, Lazard, Pascal
TE: Kelce, Henry, Herndon, Goedert, J Smith, Ellison

2020: 3rd, 4thx2, 5thx3
2021: 2ndx2, 3rd, 5thx2



12 tms 22 plyrs {IR} [Taxi]. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex/ best ball

QB: Brees ($34 through 2020), Winston (2/19), Garappolo (5/20), Brissett (1/21)
RB: Barkley (38/22) Conner (4/19), A Jones (10/19), Mixon (30/20), Lindsay (11/21) {R Anderson (3/21)}, [Dex Williams (4/23), Barnes (1/23), Higdon (1/23), Gaskins (1/23)]
WR: Smith-Schuster, (19/19), Cooper, ($28/20), Allen (29/21), R Anderson (3/21), Ginn (1/19), Meyers (1/21), Gabriel (1/19), Gage (1/19), Hall (1/19) {Patrick (1/19)}
TE: Ertz (22/21), Goedert (8/22), Cook (1/19), Doyle (1/19)
Total+dead cap hits $299


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests