Trace McSorley hype train

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Dr. Trades
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trace McSorley hype train

Postby Dr. Trades » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Time to build some steam for this guy? Anyone really trust Lamar and RG3 staying healthy?
I was a big fan of McSorley at Penn St. and already think he may be the best all around QB on the Raven's roster. Kid has a winner's mentality, much better passer than Lamar, and not afraid to sling it downfield, and especially with some of the speedsters the Ravens have on their team that could end up meaning a good bit.
Is he at least worth a stash in superflex leagues?
League 1: 12 Team League (0.5 ppr WR/RB, 0.75 TE)
QB: Dak, Rodgers, Jimmy G
RB: Henry, Mixon, Swift, AJ Dillon, Jamaal Williams, TDP, Zamir White, Dontrell Hilliard, Hassan Haskins, Joshua Kelley, Chris Evans, Jaylen Warren
WR: JJefferson, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ Moore, Keenan Allan, Russell Gage, George Pickens, Isaiah McKenzie, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, Daniel Bellinger
D/St: 49ers, Cowboys

League 2: 12 team (28 roster spots) Superflex/TE premium (qb 4pts per TD, all others 6pts per TD, WR/RB 0.1 ppc and 0.75ppr, TE 1.5 ppr)
QB: Rodgers, Stafford, T. Lawrence
RB: javonte, ETN, Eli Mitchell, AJ Dillon, Michael Carter, TDP, Marlon Mack, Jaylen Warren, Darrel Williams, Kene Nguwanu, Trey Sermon
WR: J. Chase, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, KJ Hamler, Calvin Austin 3, Danny Gray, Erik Ezukanma
TE: Schultz, Fant, Evan Engram, Jelani Woods, Noah Gray, Durham Smythe, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Trace McSorley hype train

Postby Servo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm

After two solid years in 2016 and 2017, it felt like PSU could possibly usurp OSU + Michigan but it just didn't happen.

Senior year regression and his small stature, I imagine, were the main torpedoes of his draft stock.

But all in all, he goes to a team that is building a dual-threat offense, so if you have the space, I wouldn't hate him as a flier. What's Jackson's injury history dating back to UL?

Dr. Trades
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dr. Trades » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Lamar has been surprisingly durable looking back at his games played at Louisville. But his style is run first and those qbs have a long track record of not holding up and surviving in the nfl. Mcsorley is simply a much better pure pocket passer with enough athletic ability to scramble and make plays on his own if he has to. For all the knock on size, we just saw the last two number one overall picks be 5’10 and 6’1”. Trace is listed as 6’0”. His other knock is lack of arm strength, and yet in watching his film, all I can recall are images of him chucking the ball downfield into tight windows and letting his playmakers make the plays. More than enough arm strength and good accuracy from what I see on tape. My main argument would be is the kid is just a winner. Walks on the field oozing confidence. I’d be willing to bet he could make the Ravens as a team, and all the surrounding fantasy receiving options, better than Lamar Jackson will. And I’m a Steelers fan!
League 1: 12 Team League (0.5 ppr WR/RB, 0.75 TE)
QB: Dak, Rodgers, Jimmy G
RB: Henry, Mixon, Swift, AJ Dillon, Jamaal Williams, TDP, Zamir White, Dontrell Hilliard, Hassan Haskins, Joshua Kelley, Chris Evans, Jaylen Warren
WR: JJefferson, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ Moore, Keenan Allan, Russell Gage, George Pickens, Isaiah McKenzie, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, Daniel Bellinger
D/St: 49ers, Cowboys

League 2: 12 team (28 roster spots) Superflex/TE premium (qb 4pts per TD, all others 6pts per TD, WR/RB 0.1 ppc and 0.75ppr, TE 1.5 ppr)
QB: Rodgers, Stafford, T. Lawrence
RB: javonte, ETN, Eli Mitchell, AJ Dillon, Michael Carter, TDP, Marlon Mack, Jaylen Warren, Darrel Williams, Kene Nguwanu, Trey Sermon
WR: J. Chase, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, KJ Hamler, Calvin Austin 3, Danny Gray, Erik Ezukanma
TE: Schultz, Fant, Evan Engram, Jelani Woods, Noah Gray, Durham Smythe, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Trace is Ace- I'm down like a clown, charlie brown (especially in my 16 teamer)

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:59 pm

AS a LJ owner I'm not rushing out to grab him, LJ only have one injury in college and missed 1 game, he's very good at not getting hit hard and knows how to be tackled. And that's a very under rated ability of players don't know or have.

Jackson knows he could get crushed but he put himself in position so that doesn't happen often.

But freak injuries do happen which if you are afraid of that then sure grab him, but I would be to worried about him taking to many hits if that's your concern.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh