Superflex startup draft question

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Superflex startup draft question

Postby Cgindecent » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 pm

So I'm new to the superflex scene but the resources on the site are incredible and was able to get started in this long draft we are doing.

Scoring is 4pt throwing tds and half ppr -2 for int. Also its 12 team

I started off with 1.10 and grabbed mahomes and then followed up with Luck at 2.03 and everyone was like wow no RB eh...but when I was looking at all the superflex ADP on this site they had mahomes and luck in the top 6 pretty much.

Anyways I then grabbed thielen and Hilton at 3.10 and 4.03 then devonta Freeman and Corey Davis at 5.10 and 6.03

I see so many QBs still on the board, we are allowed to roster 3, do I grab a guy like darnold or Allen or rivers if they are still there as they will be the best ADP value or do I keep filling my roster with another rb wr or te

We start 2 rb 2 wr 1 te 2 flex 1 superflex

Thanks in advance
12 Team .5 PPR (Max roster 2qb-4rb-4wr-2te-2k-2def)
1 QB - 2 WR - 1 RB - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

QB:Nick Foles, Josh Allen
RB: CEH - Chase Edmonds - Miles Sanders - James Robinson
WR: Robby Anderson - Tyreek Hill - Christian Kirk - OBJ - Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Akins - Darren Waller
Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Superflex startup draft question

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 am

It sounds like everyone is waiting on QB. Mahomes and Luck at those draft spots were good grabs though.

Also with a max of 3 on your roster, its going to be possible to stream them off waivers. That setting has basically reduced any real value in reaching further. I would look to grab a young QB with some upside a bit later on and focus rather on other positions at this point. Its a rather odd setting and defeats the purpose a bit, but you need to adjust for it and it would be my approach

Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cgindecent » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 am

I see, thanks for the input. We can roster more than 3 but for the initial draft we can only pick 3

Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:07 am

Cgindecent wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 am I see, thanks for the input. We can roster more than 3 but for the initial draft we can only pick 3
That's terribly dumb. If you don't know these league members personally, I'd leave a league with those kind of rules.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cgindecent » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 am

Sorry Im dumb, its 3 starting QB's so a guy like Haskins or Jones can still be drafted since they are listed as backups

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Cgindecent wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 am Sorry Im dumb, its 3 starting QB's so a guy like Haskins or Jones can still be drafted since they are listed as backups
so it's even more arbitrary, what ditka said

CD_23
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CD_23 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:26 am

QBs easiest to acquire in startup. If you can roster more than 3 it wouldn’t hurt to pick up some starters in the mid-late rounds if available (their trade value will increase).