Dumpster Fire w 1.1

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
mvanoosbree
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Dumpster Fire w 1.1

Postby mvanoosbree » Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm

So I am trying dynasty for the first time ever. I picked up a terrible orphan and would appreciate any advice. Its superflex and 12 team 3qb max. I do have good picks after trading foles/sutton/4.1. I have the 1.1, 1.11, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 3.1 and 3.3 But my teams appropriately named Dumpster Fire. I am trying to find a way not to take Murray.
My team:
QBs: Brees, Carr
RBs: Aaron Jones, Penny, Lewis, Howard
WRs: Laundry, Tre Smith, Keke, Tyrell Williams
TEs: Cook, Herndon

If anyones got a solid top 13 please post. Or a strategy with all these picks. Im think Murray, best player x 2, maybe butler at 2.08, Rb x 3 for some lottery tickets.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Dumpster Fire w 1.1

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 pm

mvanoosbree wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm So I am trying dynasty for the first time ever. I picked up a terrible orphan and would appreciate any advice. Its superflex and 12 team 3qb max. I do have good picks after trading foles/sutton/4.1. I have the 1.1, 1.11, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 3.1 and 3.3 But my teams appropriately named Dumpster Fire. I am trying to find a way not to take Murray.
My team:

If anyones got a solid top 13 please post. Or a strategy with all these picks. Im think Murray, best player x 2, maybe butler at 2.08, Rb x 3 for some lottery tickets.
Why are you trying to not draft the best player(by a mile) in this draft. Brees won't last forever and there's no guarantee that Carr will be around for much longer. QBs can be hard to come by in a superflex and good ones are really expensive. I would try to trade either the 1.11 or the 2.01 for a 2020 1st. And for gods sake hold on to your own future draft picks, they should be really early. You're not going to win anything this year so ship out all of the old folks for future picks. Next years draft seems to be loaded with talent and will give your roster a much needed boost. Have patience and good luck.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

mvanoosbree
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mvanoosbree » Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 am

Yes I have to take Murray. I will definitely try to get future draft picks. Thanks for the tip.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm

mvanoosbree wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm So I am trying dynasty for the first time ever. I picked up a terrible orphan and would appreciate any advice. Its superflex and 12 team 3qb max. I do have good picks after trading foles/sutton/4.1. I have the 1.1, 1.11, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 3.1 and 3.3 But my teams appropriately named Dumpster Fire. I am trying to find a way not to take Murray.
My team:

1. Take Murray, no questions.
2. I would definitely put 1.11/2.1 up for trade for 2020 1sts once the draft starts (don't seem desperate), but be prepared for no one to take you up on that.
3. You should be still getting decent players at 2.8 and 2.11 from what I've seen.
4. My way of handling this team, would be to get rid of a bunch of guys. Sell Brees to a contender team for their 1st this year and next if you can. Might have to settle for 1 and a 2nd. Sell Carr for whatever you can - late 1st? Ship Howard. Sell Landry for a 1st if you can. Sell Cook... maybe package with Brees?
5. Welcome to dynasty!

Here is a post I made of the team I inherited last year and blew up this year, if you are interested in doing that here. I owned Brees at one point as well. https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 6&t=183079