Thoughts on Orphan Team

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
The Vich
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Thoughts on Orphan Team

Postby The Vich » Sat May 18, 2019 6:30 am

Recently bought this Orphan team and am leaning towards auctioning off my two biggest assets - DeAndre Hopkins and Zeke. I've considered trying to rebuild around those guys? Also, I have the 1.01 in this years drafts which starts this morning and will probably take Kyler there.
25 man rosters. Super-flex. Start 11. 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 3-6 WR, 1-3 TE, 1-2 PK, 1-3 Def. All TDs - 5 pts. 1 pt ppr
QBs: Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Nick Mullens
RBs: Ezekiel Elliott, Ronald Jones, Isaiah Crowell, Chris Ivory, Blount
WRs: Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Boyd, Corey Davis, Antonio Callaway, Tre'Quan Smith, Trent Taylor, Laquon Treadwell
TEs: David Njoku, Kyle Rudolph, ASJ, Eifert

As you see - lots of waiver wire fodder. Some decent WRs & TEs. Very weak at QB & RB.

Thoughts? Also I've received the following trade offer of 1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd for either Zeke or Nuk. Seems way light to me. I'm thinking 3 first round picks for either is probably the going value?

Any suggestions?

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Thoughts on Orphan Team

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm

You are thin at the RB position but you're only required to start one. Elliott and Hopkins are both young enough to build around so I wouldn't trade them away for nothing. Take Murray with your 1.01 and continue to build this young squad through the draft. You'll be able to find RB help in the 2020 draft. Have patience and good luck.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm You are thin at the RB position but you're only required to start one. Elliott and Hopkins are both young enough to build around so I wouldn't trade them away for nothing. Take Murray with your 1.01 and continue to build this young squad through the draft. You'll be able to find RB help in the 2020 draft. Have patience and good luck.
This all day.

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:50 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm You are thin at the RB position but you're only required to start one. Elliott and Hopkins are both young enough to build around so I wouldn't trade them away for nothing. Take Murray with your 1.01 and continue to build this young squad through the draft. You'll be able to find RB help in the 2020 draft. Have patience and good luck.
Agreed. Share how the draft went so we can see the results! If you can snag drew lock in the 3rd round I would try to do that.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Agree with the above posters. And that trade is so light for either Zeke/Hopkins that it's not remotely worth considering.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

The Vich wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:30 am I've received the following trade offer of 1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd for either Zeke or Nuk. Seems way light to me. I'm thinking 3 first round picks for either is probably the going value?

Any suggestions?
3 1sts is a baseline to start the conversation imo. I would ask for 3 1sts + a talented young prospect at either’s respective position to actually consider it. So ask for something like 3 1sts + Moore/Golladay and probably settle on a guy like Pettis for Hopkins, or 3 1sts + Kerryon/Mack for Zeke.

I’m short, you need to be wowed to move them.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm

This isn't that bad of a team imo. Keep the studs unless a big overpay comes along. If you have the 2.01 I would try and move that for a 2020 1st while on the clock. As I said, not that bad of a team and if kyler pans out and a few other solid moves I think it can compete in 2020.