New to SF

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

New to SF

Postby esloan35 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 am

I joined my first SF yesterday and I am curious if anyone has any pitfalls to look for. I enjoy traditional ppr/IDP leagues, but committed before I got the details so I figured might as well try it out.

I have Rivers, Trubisky, and Flacco as QBS ad hold the 1.06.

The rest if the roster has solid RB/WR, but the bench is horrible.

Any feedback is appreciated!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: New to SF

Postby ArrylT » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:21 am

Know the QB Scoring inside & out. I think QB Scoring can vary greatly from league to league ranging from:

4 pts TD / -1 INT all the way to 6 / -4. And that is just TD/INT, and doesnt include yardage, completions & other quirks.

With 1 QB leagues, it is not as important - although always a good idea to know your league scoring quirks - but when you have possibly 2 positions dedicated it is a different story. If the QB scoring makes lesser QBs less valuable, due to the high penalty on interceptions, or on incompletions, then you can worry less about filling the SF flex spot with an actual QB and more with whomever you feel will score you the most points.

And of course remember that Flex means exactly that - flex. Since it is not mandatory, you're not required to start any specific player in that position - something some owners tend to forget.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:54 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:21 am Know the QB Scoring inside & out. I think QB Scoring can vary greatly from league to league ranging from:

4 pts TD / -1 INT all the way to 6 / -4. And that is just TD/INT, and doesnt include yardage, completions & other quirks.

With 1 QB leagues, it is not as important - although always a good idea to know your league scoring quirks - but when you have possibly 2 positions dedicated it is a different story. If the QB scoring makes lesser QBs less valuable, due to the high penalty on interceptions, or on incompletions, then you can worry less about filling the SF flex spot with an actual QB and more with whomever you feel will score you the most points.

And of course remember that Flex means exactly that - flex. Since it is not mandatory, you're not required to start any specific player in that position - something some owners tend to forget.

QB Scoring:
.04 per yards/25=1 point
4 points for a TD
2 points for a 2 point conversion
-1 for an INT

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:33 pm

esloan35 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:54 am QB Scoring:
.04 per yards/25=1 point
4 points for a TD
2 points for a 2 point conversion
-1 for an INT

That -1 INT is a key to pay attention to because it means you do not have to worry as much about the QBs who throw 15-20 INTs versus the elite accurate ones who usually get 5-8. That doesnt mean you discount those elite QBs like Rodgers / Brees at the very top, just that you can close the gap in scoring with a different QB like a Roethlisberger or Newton who tend to throw 10+ INTs yearly.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..