QB Values dropping?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Re: QB Values dropping?

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 am

Trubisky at 6.11 is a steal, but I guess the point I am making though is that it makes sense to draft QB's early and often and this almost shows how QB values start to increase the minute the draft is finished. Waiting on QB is a real risk and again, I think a lot of it is coming from players who are newer to the format and wrapping their heads around things.

Good luck with your new league, so many ways to skin a cat, but QB's are never going to be cheaper than during a startup.

RichDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RichDynasty » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 am

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 am Trubisky at 6.11 is a steal, but I guess the point I am making though is that it makes sense to draft QB's early and often and this almost shows how QB values start to increase the minute the draft is finished. Waiting on QB is a real risk and again, I think a lot of it is coming from players who are newer to the format and wrapping their heads around things.

Good luck with your new league, so many ways to skin a cat, but QB's are never going to be cheaper than during a startup.

Steal for me? Or for the owner who originally drafted him?

I agree with you, I wanted to see and wait as long as possible for a QB. It was ugly for sure, but I was able to move Brady, fitz, Mariota,Tannehill(which surprised me) with picks for Tru and Ryan. I lost Aaron Jones which hurts, but I can hopefully replicate or get close to his points scored with a bench player, whereas I wouldn’t be able to replicate Ryan+tru with the QBs I had.
2019 StartUp Team
Super Flex. 12 teams. 25 roster. Half PPR. 3 taxi
Start: QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1SF

QB: Ryan, Trubisky
RB: Cook, D. Freeman, Cohen, Hines,
WR: Hill, Landry, Kirk, J.Gordon, Agholor, Cain, Baldwin, D.J. Moore, Kupp, Diggs, C.Ridley
TE: Walker, J.Smith
7 open bench spots
2019: 4.02, 4.09, 4.11, 5.02
2020: 4, 5

DynastyDegenerate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DynastyDegenerate » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:52 am

I'm seeing this right now in a SF startup. I got Luck and Watson at the end of the 2nd round. End of the 4th round is coming up and Goff and Newton are somehow still there. I'll be taking Newton or Goff with my late 4th if they are still there, and trade later.

Mahomes went 1.01, then nothing until Baker went late 2nd. I then traded up and got both Watson and Luck at IMO insane values.

I have no idea why QBs are falling so far in this league. The scoring format is quite QB favorable. Only 4 pt pass TDs, but only negative 1 for Ints.

Conversely, I did a SF startup earlier this year with much less friendly QB scoring rules. QBs score 6 pts for TDs but lose 4 points for Ints and get negative 1 point per 10 yards lost on sacks. This league took QBs much higher than the current draft, with Goff and Newton gone in the 2nd, which I cannot explain other than to say there is no value consensus.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm

I took advantage of that with my last trade

Got Russell Wilson and #7 pick 2019

for connor and a 2020 2nd.

I now have 5 QBs on my roster, I'll hoard them if I need to lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

RichDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RichDynasty » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:12 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm I took advantage of that with my last trade

Got Russell Wilson and #7 pick 2019

for connor and a 2020 2nd.

I now have 5 QBs on my roster, I'll hoard them if I need to lol
You should try and move rivers while he still has solid value and get a rb and wr package.

That was a steal for Wilson. Shame on that owner haha
2019 StartUp Team
Super Flex. 12 teams. 25 roster. Half PPR. 3 taxi
Start: QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1SF

QB: Ryan, Trubisky
RB: Cook, D. Freeman, Cohen, Hines,
WR: Hill, Landry, Kirk, J.Gordon, Agholor, Cain, Baldwin, D.J. Moore, Kupp, Diggs, C.Ridley
TE: Walker, J.Smith
7 open bench spots
2019: 4.02, 4.09, 4.11, 5.02
2020: 4, 5

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:40 pm Has anyone noticed a trend recently in SuperFlex leagues of QBs getting drafted later & later than before? A couple of years ago most of the good starters tended to go by the end of the 4th round but now you're able to get QBs with QB1 upside in the 6th or later rounds.

For example in a SF startup I did 2 years ago 17-18 QBs went in the top 4 rounds - now i am seeing SF startups with 10 or less QBs in the top 4 rounds. Heck even the SF DLF ADP barely has 12 in the top 48 picks.

Seems to me that maybe the Zero QB strategy is following even to SF leagues.
An observation ive made is that there are only 9 qbs i feel are certain to still be starting (assuming health) in 3 yrs. Darnold, mayfield, watson, luck, mahomes, wentz, trubisky, goff, wilson. Some of those may flounder but im assuming they are locked in.

You have guys like allen, winston, dak, garapolo that i think most of us believe in that will be around for awhile.

Then guys like stafford, cousins, ryan, arod, and cam that will only depreciate.

Thats quite a few spots left to fill over the next few years. Its no wonder that owners arent reaching for qb in startups.

Ive had success ignoring the position and building a solid team before truly addressing my franchise qbs. Im sure others have aswell.