DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:23 am

So we've started a 12 team SuperFlex league comprised of active members here on the DLF forums. We're creating this thread to keep a open log of the league for the public to see and to allow DLF forum users to follow our startup and give any opinions you may have about draft picks, trades etc.

For people that don't like that a thread is being made for an individual league, just disregard this thread and move on. There's been threads in the past that have been dedicated to individual leagues with DLF users, and there are even threads used as a "journal" for an individual team rebuild. We're not trying to overstep boundaries here, we all just thought it would be fun to open up our league and all of our individual moves to the public eyes on DLF.

Plus during this time of year I know a LOT of people are looking for real live startups to follow to see how players are being valued. There's also been threads asking for advice on player values in SF leagues as it's one of the formats that aren't covered much in the rankings and articles here on DLF. Following along with this league and this startup can be used as solid information for those DLF users that are looking for a bit more information on a SF startup.

Initially I was going to post pick trades as they happened in the startup, but I think that would make this thread too long. The startup just began earlier this evening (Friday March 11th) but trading of startup picks were enabled a couple of weeks ago. Also in this startup draft, individual rookie picks are being added to the veteran player pool as well, so we will be drafting rookie picks (not players) in this startup.

The league homepage appears to not be "locked" to guests, so people that are interested in following along should be able to view the draft and transaction history on the league homepage without having to be logged in as an owner. If for some reason that is not the case, LMK and we'll get that changed so the DLF community can follow along if they choose to do so. The league homepage is http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/66932#0 . Feel free to post any questions, comments, opinions on any aspect of the league or moves that the owners make.

Thanks
Brandon
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby alphaxray » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 am

This thread is a good idea. Thanks for creating it.

Oh...sorry for snagging Odell in front of you!

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:41 am

So, I was sitting at the 1.02 with the hopes of getting OBJ. Previously a trade was completed where an owner moved up from 1.05 to 1.04 for a '17 3rd round pick. I thought that was more than reasonable, so I figured that maybe I could move up to the 1.01 at a decent cost as well. I offered the 1.02 + '17 2nd for the 1.01 + '17 3rd. The trade was accepted and I drafted OBJ. This move may not have been necessary, but the trade wasn't too costly so I'm happy.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:50 am

Figured I will post a link directly to the draft page for easier browsing while following along: http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... 66932&O=17

Initial analysis: A couple of shockers in the top 5. Trading up from 1.02 to 1.01 to get OBJ wasn't a huge surprise as I have seen several superflex startups recently with him going number 1. Gurley at 4 though I wasn't expecting, I think he could have moved back a couple of spots and still have got his guy. But I like bold moves and that definitely qualifies as one in my book. Gurley is a beast and I am already jealous I don't have him haha.

As for my pick of Rodgers: I have a trade partner locked up and you will see him leave my roster soon.... :whistle:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:24 am

It's not me, is it?

8-)
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:34 am

Dookmariot wrote:It's not me, is it?

8-)
Lol no Dook you have had your pre-draft pick selected since the league opened. You will see as soon as my trade partner wakes up.

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:59 am

I had the 1.06 and took Russ Wilson. It was brutal leaving the elite WRs on the board, but in this format I felt like I couldn't pass up a 27 y/o top 4 QB. We'll see how this works out.
@BrianHarrFF

Sou1Ca1iber
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sou1Ca1iber » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:05 am

alphaxray wrote:So, I was sitting at the 1.02 with the hopes of getting OBJ. Previously a trade was completed where an owner moved up from 1.05 to 1.04 for a '17 3rd round pick. I thought that was more than reasonable, so I figured that maybe I could move up to the 1.01 at a decent cost as well. I offered the 1.02 + '17 2nd for the 1.01 + '17 3rd. The trade was accepted and I drafted OBJ. This move may not have been necessary, but the trade wasn't too costly so I'm happy.
Yeah I don't think that's too much to pay to ensure you get your guy. As I posted in our recent superflex startup, OBJ went #1 overall there too.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 am

Won't see Gurley at #4 in too many drafts, let alone a Superflex. Ballsy. Perhaps the age of the stud RB isn't dead yet after all.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 am

Great stuff guys!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:41 am

I held the 1.01 for weeks, didn't get much interest for it. I was intent on drafting Luck just because he is the safest pick in the draft, and I want to draft guys I know will be on my team for years to come. I'm not saying OBJ or Newton won't be in the league in 5 years, but in this format I think Luck will hold more value over the course of the league.

I had the trade offer roll in and it was a pretty cheap price for alphaxray to move up, but I figured Luck or OBJ would still be there and I'd be okay with that. The draft is deep next year so if it ends up being a top 15 pick, I'll take it. It also made my decision easier haha.

I tried moving down a few spots but it seems as if the entire league wants to move down, so it's hard to get any kind of value. I was also surprised to see Gurley at 1.04 as well as Rodgers over Wilson and some elite WR's.

Looking forward to see how the rest of this shakes out over the next couple of weeks!
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 am

I took Gurley because to me he was clearly the best available at his position. We only have to start 2 WR's so I'm not going to trip over myself trying to load up on WR's like I normally would if it were a 3 WR minimum league. I'll shoulder the inherent risk of the RB position if it means I'll have perhaps the most valuable non-QB position player for the foreseeable future.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:46 am

FiremanEd wrote:Won't see Gurley at #4 in too many drafts, let alone a Superflex. Ballsy. Perhaps the age of the stud RB isn't dead yet after all.
No guts no glory!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:09 am

pokerface40 wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:It's not me, is it?

8-)
Lol no Dook you have had your pre-draft pick selected since the league opened. You will see as soon as my trade partner wakes up.
Funny how this worked out. You initially traded up from 1.07 to 1.04 at the cost of a future 3rd. Then you pick Rodgers and trade him to the same person back down to 1.07 and got the 3rd back.

Seems like the longest possible way to get back to where you started. Just wondering what your motivation was? Why trade up for Rodgers just to trade back down again?

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:09 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:I took Gurley because to me he was clearly the best available at his position. We only have to start 2 WR's so I'm not going to trip over myself trying to load up on WR's like I normally would if it were a 3 WR minimum league. I'll shoulder the inherent risk of the RB position if it means I'll have perhaps the most valuable non-QB position player for the foreseeable future.
I like your decision than.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff